[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benchmark infidel as a starter knife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 3300auto.jpg (24KB, 765x462px) Image search: [Google]
3300auto.jpg
24KB, 765x462px
Hey /K/unts newfag here, I've been looking to buy my first serious knife (I.E not something from Amazon or walmart) and have been looking at the Benchmark infidel 3300, is this a wise decision?
>>
File: 51qaXInlp0L.jpg (50KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
51qaXInlp0L.jpg
50KB, 500x333px
>>31987718
If you want a good, reasonably priced 'first knife', check out the Buck 119. It's solid, large enough for damned near anything without being fuck-huge, holds an edge pretty well, and is pretty inexpensive. My father gave me mine after years of beating the dog shit out of it, and it's held up beautifully.
>>
>>31987718
I'll sell you my infidel
>>
>>31987718
can you carry an auto in your state? dagger? if no to either probably not a wise decision. that fucker is like 400 bucks probably should go with a spyderco or benchmade folder. i'd suggest the benchmade griptilian or the spyderco endura.
>>
File: Resized_20161113_143758.jpg (963KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20161113_143758.jpg
963KB, 1440x2560px
>>31987970
Forgot pic
>>
Otf knives are shit for day to day use. Unless you plan on mugging people get something else.

If you want a solid knife that will last you forever get a Buck 110. You can mod the shit out of them. I've had the same one for over 30 years.

If you want a fixed blade get a Buck 192.
>>
>>31988070
While I appreciate the 110 and own one as a church-knife, I'd still argue that the 119 is far better as an everyday knife.

As for the 192, I always felt it was kiind of small, and it ain't really my jam, but I can appreciate that different strokes move different folks.
>>
>>31987718
Benchmade is a seriously nice brand, I own a few, and I can endorse them fully. That being said, are you ready to spend that much money on a knife? For that much money, you can buy some decent 9mm guns. If you are set on a carry knife, I also endorse the Flash II by SOG, as well as spyderco knives. They are much cheaper, and get the same job done.
>>
>>31988132
Yeah he never specified what he wanted the knife for. If it's for every day use a smaller knife will do the best job. If it's for self defense then yeah get a bigger knife.
>>
>>31988161
>endorse
>literal shilling

Honestly, a "serious" knife can be had for far less than $400, less than $100 even. An OTF really isn't suited for everyday use. If you can carry an auto, I imagine you're also allowed a fixed blade. That would be much better for hard use and stabbing dindus. I've had quality knives from CRKT, Cold Steel, and Kershaw in addition to the memetic Benchmades and Spydercos.
>>
>>31988214
Bugger self defense, a larger knife just gives you more options, up to a certain point. I like the 110, but I wouldn't use it to chop wood.
>>
File: IMAG1427a.jpg (1MB, 2421x1337px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1427a.jpg
1MB, 2421x1337px
>>31988261
The /out/ in me is cringing hard. Larger knives are absolutely worse for everything /out/ related. You have less control, they are more prone to losing the tip. Can't do things that smaller knives can do like skin smaller animals.
And NEVER BATON YOUR KNIFE. GET A FUCKING AXE.
The only reason to ever have a larger knife such as a Bowie is for self defense or you are a collector.

When I see people carrying giant knives I instantly know they have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>31988315
While I'm not a fan of batoning knives, I also acknowledge that I often don't have an axe with me. However, I've seen this thing used for everything from shaving kindling to chopping rope by hitting the spine with a rock. Hell, I've seen it used to hammer nails in. I'm not calling it the ultimate knife, I'm calling it a good knife that feels comfortable in my hand, and is basically Jethro-proof.
>>
>>31988234
Hmmm, wonder why I pointed out SOG and Spyderco you fucking idiot. Like I said, cheaper and get the same job done. Did you vote Clinton because you are really good at ignoring what's right in your face?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.