[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you med kit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1742.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1742.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
So it's cool we all go shooting, train and larp about operating. But do you nigs have med kits and do they include a tourniquet? Do you know how to use said items? If shit hits the fan IRL, you need to know how to save your buddies and vice-versa. Even in everyday life, having a med-kit with tourniquet in the car, could save someone's life. Do you at least know CPR?

I am a trained EMT I have a full med kit in the car (in bail out bag), one in my range bag and one in the house.. I also carry a tourniquet on me at all times.

I know we have some Medics and Corpsmen on here, please chime in.
>>
I carry a kit when ever i go shooting. Mostly use it when ever my dumb ass brother cuts himself on what ever the fuck were shooting that day. Pretty basic shit but comes in handy ill post a pic when i get home.
>>
File: IMG_1716.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1716.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
What is a good pre put together med kit?
>>
>>31986712
Assume I know jack and shit about med kits, other than the ones at Wal-mart are only good for the box (seriously, the bandaids aren't even decent). If I was to build one from scratch, where do I start, what do I need to learn, and how much could I effectively do myself, to myself? Asking because I want to get a kit for when I start touring next summer.
>>
>>31986712
Another EMT bro (instructor), I keep an IFAK on my range bag and a jump kit in my truck
I brought a 68W ('medic') to my EMT-A class and him and I explained IFAKs and tactical medicine along with gear queer, PTSD and TBI and ambulance ops (since we were behind)
>>
>>31986712
I have a few ifaks from the military but most the stuff like the quik clot expired a while ago. I have Israeli bandages, 2 tq's, tape, scissors and other bandage wraps inside of a small carrier like the op pic. The thing I actually use the most is something we called "vet wrap" a tape that's adhesive to itself and not really anything else.

I have a couple iv sets and bags from a cls kit from 2008 deployment.

I used it on a dog that got hit down the street, paw was hanging by skin, serious road rash etc. The owner asked if I just carried all of this in my car and I just said yeah. Dog ended up having to be put down anyway. I was trained for emergency k9 first aid while a handler in the military so it was almost like I was meant to be there, not trying to be a faggot.
>>
>>31990120
Prior 68w here.
At least one tourniquet 2 is always better IMO.
A package of combat gauze. Either an Israeli or ACE bandage both would be good too. 1 roll of regular gauze and 1 nasopharangel airway.
The standard IFAIKs are pretty much the best thing you can carry in terms of immediate care. Of course you can always tailor it too what you'd expect for where youre going.
>>
File: first aid kits.jpg (2MB, 1168x3437px) Image search: [Google]
first aid kits.jpg
2MB, 1168x3437px
>>31990120
I like this screen cap from milo
>>
>>31986712
>I also carry a tourniquet on me at all times.
Lmfao
>>
>>31989989
Dark angel medical makes a good bleeder kit. I used one to augment my IFAK when deployed.
>>
File: image_48.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
image_48.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>31986712
>I also carry a tourniquet on me at all time.
Holy fuck bro, I'm an emt and that's really autistic. Where do you keep it? Just keep one in your car.
>>
>>31986712
8404 Corpsman here, I have a shitload of gear from 12 years of service, but being out can really hamper your skills. Keeping fresh is ALWAYS a must, so like trips at the range, getting together with a friend or two and buying unexpired gear on eBay will keep you up to date with those crucial IV skills. Also, it's extremely helpful to volunteer at a local ER, as once in a while (more often based on personal experience) the nurses are cool enough to allow you to help treat a patient or two. Lastly, practicing on pig Feet (they're cheap and have bone, tendon, meat, etc., needed for training) can aid in wound, suture, and post op care. If you can shoot through pig parts on private property, it's even better and really simulates GSW's.
>>
File: Rats Tq.jpg (158KB, 802x602px) Image search: [Google]
Rats Tq.jpg
158KB, 802x602px
>>31986712
hey OP, I'm not an EMT but I'm a CLS, TCCC certified, and did live tissue.

Dark angel med kit v4 is my field carry.

I really want to never use my ifak but i would also love to use it.

oh, refactor tactical makes a bitchin RATS tourniquet, works great for K9's
>>
File: RATSTQ.jpg (407KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
RATSTQ.jpg
407KB, 1280x1280px
>>31992402
>>
>>31986712
my med kit custom, I keep it in the car:
trauma shears
tccc toe tag
2 Tq's
2 eclusive bandages
5 rolls gauze
3 quick clot
2 SAM splint
1 epipen
bunch of bandaids, tylenon, motrin, (the corpsman told me to have a change of socks too)
random bandages
allergy meds
NPA
cric kit
suture kit
sharpie
2 H bandages
think thats it
OH latex free gloves.
a MUST for black neighborhoods.
>>
>>31986712
I bring my ifak whenever I go shooting. My work requires us to take an 8 hour foret aid course every few years that includes not to apply tourniquets. I keep one tourniquet in my ifak and a second Ina pocket on my chest rig. Just in case.
>>
>>31986712
I've got a basic blowout kit that I carry in my bag to work and to the range. Tourniquet, medical shears, Celox, Israeli bandage.
>>
>>31992514
>First aid course*
>Includes how to apply tourniquets*

Fucking tablet....
>>
>get new corpsman in platoon
>Have him hang out at barracks and drink to welcome him to platoon
>Get doc shit faced
>The next day we have to draw blood
>Doc sticks us in the arm so many times because to hungover to hit our veins

Looked like a platoon full of junkies with track marks.
>>
My kit:
>10 Alcohol prep pads
>5 quick clot 25g sponges
>2 Chest seals
>1 Sterile Gauze Roll (4.5, 8-ply)
>1 Emergency Pressure Dressing
>1 Conforming Gauze, Non-Sterile (3 x 5yds)
>1 H&H Primed Gauze
>5 Gauze Pads, Sterile (4 x 4, Package of 2)
>4 Trauma Pads, Sterile (5 x 9)
>8 Non-Adherent Pads, Sterile (3 x 4)
>4 Eye Pads, Sterile
>Tape Roll (1 x 10yds)
>1 Mini-EMT Shears 3.5"
>30 Adhesive Bandages (1 x 3)
>10 Flexible Knuckle Bandages
>1 Petrolatum Impregnated Gauze Bandage
>6 Nitrile Exam Gloves
>1 Biohazard Label
>1 Resealable Bag (6 x 6)
>1 Resealable Polybag 10" x 15"
>20 israeli bandages

This is to be distributed between a bigger container and a small MOLLE IFAK
>>
>>31986712
god danm rite i do! its my favorite part of gear queering. I have no pictures though. some othertime. 1/3 of my general use gear is dedicated to covering as many injuries as possible as well as possible.
>>
Just finished a CPR and first aid class at the community college. Really basic stuff but I now have a rudimentary med kit in a shitty bag that needs replacing.
I throw it in the car whenever I go out.
>>
>>31993290
What do you put in your med kit?

I'm going to take such a class from the red cross next month (couldn't get a reservation for one this month).
>>
Can't load the checklist on my phone and I'm about to get some sleep. Ill post it tomorrow
>>
>>31986712
Shitty air force first aid training here. But I don't really know much beyond that. Good thing I'm engaged to a doctor who wants me to teach her to operate like and operator.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good online store where I can what I'd put in an IFAK?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.