[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moist Nuggets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

What happened to all the cheap Mosin Nagants, is surplus running out?
>>
>>31986291
Supply and demand.

Supply sharply decreased while demand is exponentially increasing.

For every one neckbeard that asks his mom for enough money to get a nugget, ten more online start asking their moms to get them one too.

inb4
>hurrr i saw a nugget at a pawn shop once for $100 a few years ago therefore all nuggets should cost $100 or less
>>
>>31986291
Yes
>>
File: 1456884437782.png (365KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456884437782.png
365KB, 960x960px
>>31986291
>he fell for the meme rifle
>>
I'll settle for a SKS for the prices I'm seeing
>>
>>31986291
Obama cut off Russian imports, and it was only a matter of time. I just don't understand who is buying this shit at $250+, $99 was the sweet spot for a shitty, but interesting design.
>>
File: ItCvV9m.jpg (100KB, 916x1262px) Image search: [Google]
ItCvV9m.jpg
100KB, 916x1262px
>>31986341
But a lot of people have fallen for this rifle. Just sayin'.
>>
>>31986341
>He memed the meme meme about memeing memes

Meme.
>>
File: tulsky.jpg (613KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tulsky.jpg
613KB, 1024x768px
Meme
>>
The RO of my shooting association just bought an m44 nugget for 225 euros. Price included 880 rounds of 7.62x54r.

So basicly a free nugget
>>
I've been recently looking into a getting a Finnish M39.

Unfortunately, I live in bubba land. so, there's virtually no surplus firearms and very little tacticool shit either. it's all hunting shotguns and rifles. .243 this and 270 that. along with .22-250.

fucking gey. oh, and standard 91/30's in a archangel stock going for 750+ because >"hurr durr it's a sniper rifle".

>most.

>annoying.

>shit.

>EVER.
>>
>>31987049
Bubba land?
Sounds more like fudd land to me.
>>
>>31988049
it is. If it wasn't work my job, I'd be out of here.
>>
>>31986291

The demand rose when everyone heard they were cheap, and the supply continued to drop. As it is, nuggets are going for around $250 for a good one, so they're not really worth it. You can invest in a Yugo Mauser for only a bit more, and I'd argue they're built a LOT better than nuggets. That, and I've had success finding cheap 8mm mauser ammo (~25 cents each).
>>
>>31986427
Is that a spam can pillow behind it?
>>
>>31986392
Doesn't mean they're any good. I'm full slavaboo, but seriously the mosin is probably the worst milsurp rifle. The only thing they had going for them was their cheapness but at the prices they command nowadays you might as well get a Yugo mauser.
>>
>>31986291
Obongo placed an embongo sometime after the Ukraine situation if I remember correctly, so no new Russian imports
Our boy Donny is going to improve relations, though
>>
>>31989135
Carcano
M95
Gew88
Krag
Berthier
Lebel

To name a few.
>>
>>31989206
What are you naming
>>
>>31989337
things that cost as much as a shitty standard three line does now
>>
>>31989337
Rifles worse than the Mosin. Basically, out of 1st generation smokeless bolt guns, only the Mauser 93 and 94 are better than the Mosin.
>>
>>31989375
this better be bait, my dude.
>>
>>31989476

If you think otherwise you've either never shot any of the rifles I listed, or you're just being a contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>31986291
I'm seeing Enfields for cheaper than Mosin prices here.
>>
>>31989498
i'm not about to argue with a fucking tripfag.
the mosin nagant is a garbage rod. It is a step up from a needle rifle or a trap-door single shot but beyond that it's just not very good

If you think otherwise you've either never shot any rifle besides a mosin, or you're just being a contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>31989536
i seriously question any gun owner who cant appreciate a mosin
>>
>>31989536
OK chief, whatever you say. You go back watching TFB TV now. I'm sure if you rewatch the videos with Alex enough he'll come back and feed your opinion to you.
>>
>>31989375
idiot
>>
>>31989565
compelling argument
>>
>>31989565
Oh please, do explain to me how the Mosin is worse than the Lebel. I'd be delighted to hear this.
>>
>>31989558
i fully appreciate my mosin. I just don't think it's a very good rifle.
>>31989560
what?
>>
>>31989586
there are more enjoyable rifles to shoot but that doesnt make it a bad rifle. x54R alone is a superb round
>>
>>31989609
it's not superb it's antiquated seeing that it's a full sized, rimmed cartridge.
I enjoy shooting it but if you compare it to a Lee Enfield or by god a Mauser it gets btfo.
>>
>>31989649
The 303 is also a full sized, rimmed cartridge chief. Also, an Enfield or a Mauser 98 being better than a Mosin does not make the Mosin bad. Whole lot of other designs are worse, like all the ones I mentioned previously that you've apparently never held, much less shot.
>>
>>31989696
yes but the enfield isn't fucking shite.
I don't understand what your fetish is with a sub-par gun.
>>
>>31989206
>Carcano
>Krag
>implying
>>
As someone who got into the firearm game late, were Excellent / like new Mosins without pitted and shot out barrels ever a common thing?
>>
>>31989720
You must be new because if you'd been here for more than 5 minutes you'd know the only rifle I fetishize is the Mas 36, and with good reason.

The Mosin isn't a bad rifle, you've just ingested too many memes.
>>
>>31989742
No, I'm flat out saying those are worse than the Mosin. The Krag especially.
>>
>>31989135
>but seriously the mosin is probably the worst milsurp rifle

why? what makes the 1891 3-Line rifle any less respectable than any other milsurp? im talking about the design of the rifle itself. im not comparing a rusty crusty 1944 production shit stick to a collector grade1900 pruduction Gew 98
>>
>>31989536
Its a working rifle. Theres nothing wrong with it. Polish up the bolt on one with a good bore and it does everything a ww2 rifle was supposed to do. The finns took the same design and turned it into one of the best rifles of the era.
>>
>>31986291
nah there's tens of millions left in Russian warehouses

they're just not being imported
>>
>>31989788
Ive never actually used a krag but a 91/38 is better than a mosin in nearly every way
>>
>>31989375
>what is the 1891 Argentine
>>
>>31989649
the Mosin is just as good if not better than the Enfield.
>rear mounted locking lugs
>just fuck my head space web up senpai
>>
>>31989816
Nothing that has Mannlicher chargers is superior.
>>31989835
Close, but no. I can understand your argument for it though.
>>
>>31989649
>Mosin and Mauser
>Both cock-on-open
>Both have 90 degree bolt turn
>Both have short-radius notch-and-post sights
>Both have 5-round fixed mags
>Both accept 5-rnd clips
>Neither have storage compartments in the buttstock

Differences?

>Controlled feed vs push feed
Push feed is SLIGHTLY less smooth
>Socket spike bayonet vs lug-mounted dagger bayonet
Personally, I'd consider the Mosin's spike better when on the rifle because it offers more reach, but of course in the hand, the Mauser's dagger bayonet would be more handy what with having an actual handle.
>Mosin clip vs Mauser clip
Mauser clip is hands-down superior, I have to say, so this is one clear point in favour of the Mauser
>Rimmed vs rimless cartridge
Rimmed is superior for capacity (doesn't take up as much space), but rimlock really isn't as big a deal as people think.
>Kar98k Mauser is shorter and slightly lighter
Another point to Mauser, though the length of the Mosin comes in handy when it's bayo time.
>Mosin safety vs Mauser safety
Another point to Mauser

All in all, seems to me that the Kar98k is barely superior to the Mosin, and its few advantages is completely shadowed by the incredible amount of ways they're similar. Mauser isn't as God-tier as people think it is, in my opinion. A good quality Mosin will be on just about level ground with a Kar98k. The thing about the M91/30 is that the quality varies quite a bit due to the wartime conditions and the need for quantity.
>>
>>31989859
>feeding a whole clip which is self ejecting is somehow worse than feeding just the cartridges and having to grab the clip before the bolt will even close
>>
>>31989856
Whether you're comparing the M91/30 to the old Mk.III* or the newer No.4, the M91/30 is going to be outclassed.

No.4 Lee Enfield has...
>Superior sights (long radius apertures vs short radius notch-and-post)
>Free floating barrel
>Much smoother bolt (60 degree cock-on-close bolt turn with controlled feed. Mosin is 90 degree cock-on-open with push-feed)
>10-round magazine
>Smoother clips that eject upon closing the bolt rather than having to manually take them off
>Storage compartment in buttsock
>Can be shot without letting go of the bolt which drastically improves rate of fire

Nope. For much of the same reasons why I see standard Mausers as being not as good as the No.4 Lee Enfield, I believe the M91/30 isn't as good as the No.4 Lee Enfield, but is still not only a great rifle, but has proven itself on more occasions than probably any other rifle on Earth.
>>
>>31989903
Considering all the feeding problems inherent in the design(s), yeah it is worse. It also makes the magazine and action vulnerable to dirt and mud and such.
>>
>>31989925
Its not the best system but it is faster and easier to load.
>>
>>31989908
>Superior sights (long radius apertures vs short radius notch-and-post)
i prever Mosin sights to both Mauser and Enfield sighs. sight radius is a legitimate point
>Free floating barrel
Enfields do not have free floated barrels. one of the reasons cut down Enfields can have shit accuracy is because if the lack of the brass node in the stock that makes contact with the barrel in a very specific place to tune the barrel harmonics

the rest of your points are good tho
>>
>>31989947
Maybe, but that's only one criteria to measure it against stripper clip systems. In every other way, it is inferior.
>>
>>31989925
Loose rounds sucks, but weak action is the kill
so smooth though
>>
>>31989987
Except that it fires a better round, is shorter and lighter, is faster to cycle, and has an actually usable safety
>>
>>31986291
I payed $275 for my Type 53 Nugget and 200 rounds of ammo about a year ago. I probably payed too much but it's so fucking fun to shoot I don't care. Every time I bring it to a range it turns heads.
>>
>>31990015
>>31989987
I feel like x54r is better than 30-40 krag tho tbqhfamili
>>
>>31990011
The 1903/14 Greek Mannlicher is smoother, and has a better magazine system. In fact, the rotary magazine is the best around aside from its ludicrous manufacturing difficulties.
>>31990015
Don't take it as me disparaging the Carcano. I like them, and they are indeed good guns. But they are worse than the Mosin. The sights, the magazine and clip system, the trigger. Also the 1891 and the M41 aren't really that different length wise than the 91/30. The carbines are obviously but then you should compare them to the m38/m44/m9159/m9107 (the WW1 carbine that everyone forgets existed).
>>
>>31990076
Talking about the 91/38
>>
>>31990037
thats a pretty good deal. surplus ammo or commercial production?
>>
>>31990118
All surplus
>>
>>31990113
I disagree. The sights arent great though. Ill give you that much
>>
>>31990128
>I disagree
You're wrong.

No, seriously that's fine. Plenty of people disagree. It's all meaningless minutia anyways. I personally don't think any of the primary rifles fielded during WW1 or WW2 are bad.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 180x101px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 180x101px
>>31989374

I hate to break it to you bud, but lebels and berthiers command quite the price today, unless you luck out and they don't know what they have.

Even at gun shows, I only see m95s and carcanos going around nugget price.

Also, have an m95 and it is one of my favorite milsurps to shoot.
>>
>>31989955
The No.4 Lee Enfield has a free floating barrel. The Mk.III* and I think the No.5, do not.
>>
>>31989080
You didn't know they make those?
http://www.plusharmory.com/
>>
File: cosmoline.jpg (56KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
cosmoline.jpg
56KB, 720x468px
I was looking around in a LGS near me last weekend and they had an M91 with no import marks sitting around. It was dated 1917, which was awesome, but the crests were ground off and they were asking 420 dollars for a rifle sighted in Arshins. Mosins are basically dead now, you can get an SKS for a similar price or cheaper, and AK is right around the courner pricewise, so why even go for it anymore. 300 dollar M44s or M39s would be worth it though, they are both actually very nice.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.