[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First AR - Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5.56-16-LFA-Black-748x374.jpg (21KB, 748x374px) Image search: [Google]
5.56-16-LFA-Black-748x374.jpg
21KB, 748x374px
Long time lurker, first time poster

Going to get my first AR this Xmas as a gift to myself. I got about $1400 to play with and I'm open to suggestions.

I was going to go with a Colt LE6920 Series. But these AR's from the Live Free Armory got my attention for a good starter (although I couldn't find reviews anywhere). Looking to get recommendations for a good starter AR. I figured the /k/ommandos would be a good place to start.

tl;dr looking for suggestions for first AR
>>
>>31985763
Do you know what kind of barrel length you want?

Do you want a keymod or m-lok rails?

Do you know what those are?
>>
>>31985779
Between 18-20 inch. At least from what I've seen on /k/ that the ideal length for an AR barrel.

preferably m-lok.
>>
buy BCM upper group, midlength gas system, enhanced light weight barrel, KMR alpha

buy any lower group, buy CMG 3.5lb drop in trigger.

buy WOTG sling or LAV sling

buy WOTG light mount

buy surefire or streamlight protac light
>>
>>31985763
I've been shilling the LFA rifles because they seem to be pretty solid judging by the few reviews I've seen on reddit.

For the price I honestly don't think you can beat the LF556. It's Keymod but honestly the difference isn't huge compared to M-Lok.

>>31985810
If you want an SPR this isn't what you want. Build up your own rifle from an M4E1 receiver set. Black Friday is coming up, snag a bunch of parts on sale and you'll end up with a solid rifle.
>>
>>31985810
I'd say if you want prebuilt, stick with the Colt or a Daniel Defense.

If you're okay with pushing pins together I'd recommend you went with a BCM 18" LW Upper with a KMR-A rail.

Any aluminum lower receiver will do.
>>
>>31985816
seconding this
>>
>>31985816
>>31985849
>>31985832

I'm somewhat ok with building my own, for the most part. I know there's a lot of resources on building your own that's available at least that guides that /k/ has. It helps that I have a brother working on a 80% right now too.

What about this for an upper:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-16-Mid-Length-ENHANCED-Light-Weight-p/bcm-urg-mid-16elw-kmr-a-15.htm

I'll go with the CMC trigger 3.5 lb, but any lower should be fine so long as it's aluminum?
>>
>>31985936
You wanted an 18 inch barrel and M-Lok. This is none of those things.

And government profile is retarded garbage.
>>
>>31985763
spend a bit more and get something from DD
>>
>>31985982
Daniel Defense is at least 300 dollars overpriced at MSRP. The DD5V1 should really be no more than 2400 dollars. The DD Mk12 should be no more than 1400 dollars. The M4V11 should be no more than 1100 dollars.
>>
>>31986007
ill be sure to let marty know.

the only thing that compares with DD's out of the box quality tha punches in the same weight class is BCM. with DD you pay for the better quality rails and the fact that they make everything in house.
>>
>>31985982
fuck that
>>
>>31986024
You don't have to tell Marty, literally just talk to a Daniel Defense dealer and see their distributor pricing. The DD5V1 is like 2350 USD, the DD Mk12 is like 1600.

If you buy direct from them at MSRP you got ripped off hard and they're laughing all the way to the bank. Plenty of FFLs out there that will take maybe 50 to 100 dollars of profit and share the savings with you on distributor pricing.
>>
>>31986060
>distributor pricing is less than MSRP
get out of here, no way people are selling these things to turn a profit
>>
>>31986084
There are plenty of companies that set their MSRP to something more reasonable. You can definitely build a far better rifle than anything Daniel Defense puts out for what they charge.

Realistically the reason why their prices are so high is because they have ridiculously good customer service. That's about it.
>>
>>31985763
Colt
Anything else is a fucking crapshoot.
I am just trying to help you out. BEWARE anyone telling you to get anything else.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.