[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns for foreigners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: oh neptune.jpg (124KB, 1024x1021px) Image search: [Google]
oh neptune.jpg
124KB, 1024x1021px
I recently found out that not only Germans like myself are allowed to buy guns here in Germany but that there is apparently no law against foreigners doing the same as long as they provide sufficient documents from the police of their home country and are living in Germany (which is of course no problem for EU citizens).
That seems quite fast, considering that getting a hunting license here can be a matter of ten days, such a license means you can buy an unlimited amount of rifles and shotguns (including semi autos of all kinds) and that the law is usually less friendly to foreigners in many other matters.

Is this just here or are other countries similar in that aspect?
>>
>>31984734
Same in Switzerland when you have the residential permit B or C.

If you belong to Sri Lanka, Serbia, Tunisia Macedonia, Turkey, Algeria, Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia you cannot buy guns though.
>>
>>31984734
You can get a gun legally with no background check or license through armslist in 'murica because of muh gun show loophole.

It's not that big a deal, terrorists aren't killing people with legal guns in Europe. Tacking on extra layers of bureaucracy wont make you safer.
>>
>>31984749
>It's not that big a deal, terrorists aren't killing people with legal guns in Europe. Tacking on extra layers of bureaucracy wont make you safer.
I know. Im not criticizing it since guns are available from every eastern european country and there is literally a civil war a few hundred kilometers away.
Im just wondering if the legal processes are similar in other countries.
>>31984742
Interesting. So its not just Germany.
>>
>>31984742
So basically your country of origin has to have not fought a civil war that white people cared about since the 90s?
>>
>>31984767
Basically.
>>
>>31984749
Hear hear.
Europe's laws don' allow for the selfdefense of its civilians. It does allpw for criminals to procure guns though.
Why?

If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns, and the lawabiding folks will suffer.
>>
>>31984760
My bad, I thought you were worried about it.

It's funny to me that gun grabbers here want tougher gun laws to stop mass shootings when terrorists in France are reactivating display weapons and running trucks into crowds.
>>
>>31984749
So I could travel to amerika on vacation and buy a private gun. Shoot it at some range and just sell it again when leaving?
>>
>>31984820
Yup, as long as you can find a seller and buyer. All of the people I've dealt with have required proof of state citizenship and bill of sale.
>>
>>31984778
>Europe's laws don' allow for the selfdefense of its civilians.

In Czechland, the E class license (shall issue) is literally called "for defense of life, health and possessions," and the law states that any act that would be otherwise considered criminal is legal if commited in defense of your life, the life or another, or any other interest protected by the penal code.

>It does allpw for criminals to procure guns though.

If that's supposed to mean they can get them on the black market, then no shit.
But otherwise they need a background check. And foreigners can apply for a license, but they need to take the written exam in Czech without any help, which pretty much excludes all of the immigrant fucks (all six that we agreed to take in last year, kek).
>>
>>31984826
what a bunch of bs, no one cares about bill of sale in Indiana
>>
>>31984970
It's almost like I don't live in Indiana.
>>
>>31984956
Czech and switzerland may be guiding the way, but thats just 2 countries. How does it help people in portugal, luxemburg or ireland for example?
>>
File: 1469733494847.gif (73KB, 675x227px) Image search: [Google]
1469733494847.gif
73KB, 675x227px
>>31984734
austria is applying a new law which prevents any non-recognized refugees from buying guns and ammo
get your shit together germany
>>
>>31985026
Well, it sets an example. There's a country in Europe that lets you carry a gun with very little red tape for the purpose of self defense. If things really get rough for the average person in the countries you mentioned they can use the power of their vote to make their gun laws more positive, using the Czechs as a rubric.

It's probably not going to happen because people in those countries will probably seek a government solution instead of an individualist solution, but there's not much someone in the US, Switzerland, or the Czech Republic can do to change the government of a foreign country,
>>
File: doomed country.png (3MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
doomed country.png
3MB, 1920x1090px
>>31985041
>Implying anyone cares anymore
>Implying that anyone (especially the six big establishment parties) could stop them from doing what they want
>Implying that they want to
>>
>>31984734
Aww shieet. I read "Guns for Engineers". :/
>>
>>31984826
>Bill of sale
Fuck those clowns. Just show your driver's license to show you live in the state and you're good.
>>
Canuck and I'm fixing to get my permits for rifles and shotguns, and eventually down the road I want a handgun.

Is the 1911 a good choice or is it a meme? 100 years of military praise can't be wrong can it?
>>
>>31985122
I agree it's silly but it's a requirement for a lot of people. Saying "get fucked gimme your gun" isn't going to change their mind.
>>
>>31985134
Its honestly not the best piece of equipment and there are pistols out there that are easier to clean and maintain, lighter and have more capacity. Also .45 is not the best handgun caliber in my opinion.

But: Youre a civilian, not someone that equips an army. If you can live with the drawbacks, like .45ACP and feel comfortable shooting it, then buy it. Just test some other pistols at the range or at least in the shop before you just buy one.
>>
>>31985134
1911s are good handguns
but in this day and age I would go with a plastic frame "wonder 9"
>>
>>31985156
Since it's more of a hobby thing I might look into it more. It wouldn't surprise me if they had one at the range. I also want something easy to strip down and re assemble, just to satisfy my autismo.

>>31985165
I'll look into the Wonder 9 but I'm not sure what to think of plastic.
>>
>>31985177
Plastic is fine. Its lighter and as easy to maintain.
>>
>>31984778
>Europe's laws don' allow for the selfdefense of its civilians

Depends on where you are. In Germany defending yourself with a gun is completely legal as long as it can be deemed a reasonable response. For example: If somebody comes at you with a knife it is fine to shoot them, since it is a potentially life threatening situation. If a group of people attacked you, you probably be able to get through with it as well, since you can always argue that you didn't know the attackers true intend; furthermore, the law does indeed acknowledge that in a stressful situation like this you need to make a swift decision and don't have time to ponder what would be a reasonable response.
If somebody pushes you, you'll end up in jail if you kill them in turn, I don't think it's that different in the US.
The problem would be to legally carry a gun on you in the first place. There have been several instances of people injuring/killing people who tried to break into their homes and getting of the hook just fine. One of them being a leader of a rocker gang who shot a member of a S.W.A.T. team through the door of his home because the police hadn't identified themselves at that point and his defense arguing that he assumed that the people in front of his door were hitmen send by a rival gang.
>>
>>31985523
>The problem would be to legally carry a gun on you in the first place.
That´s what he was getting at. A de jure ban on carrying arms in public is comparable to a de facto ban on defending one´s self in public. Unfortunately, robberies, murders and assaults often happen in public spaces...
>>
>>31985587
It is possible to legally carry a gun in Germany, but you have to proof that you are more endangered than other people.
>>
>>31985625
They basically only give this out to politicians.
>>
>>31985625
>It is possible to legally carry a gun in Germany, but you have to proof that you are more endangered than other people.
I repeat: carrying arms for the purpose of self-defense is de facto illegal for the average citizen. In what capacity does a privileged few enjoying ready access to arms help the cause of liberty?

>>31985661
This guy said it all.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.