[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drugs in combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 559103965_1280x705.jpg (85KB, 1280x705px) Image search: [Google]
559103965_1280x705.jpg
85KB, 1280x705px
Have drugs ever been tested by an official military in the hopes of improving combat effectiveness? If not why?
>>
I'd say most major armies in the 20th century did. I recall that during WW2 the Germans experimented with giving their troops some amphetamine\opiod mix and made them just march in circles for 12 hours a day. In the short term the drugs absolutely work but you're basically just pushing your body way past it's limits so it's by no means sustainable.
>>
>>31984583
>Have drugs ever been tested by an official military in the hopes of improving combat effectiveness?

Yes.
>>
File: 21923.jpg (98KB, 532x500px) Image search: [Google]
21923.jpg
98KB, 532x500px
>>31984583
yes they have
>>
>>31984583
Certainly, it works, but can be addictive and is harmful in the long run. There have been experiments with basically every drug. LSD included (check it out, it's hilarious).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rWnQphPdQ
>>
>>31984583
Yes they have. Different metamphetamines like Pervitin were used in WW2 and various other stimulants are planned for use in future conflicts.
>>
>>31984583
Yup.

Wasn't there a scandal where some jet fighter blew up something they shouldn't while on speed?
>>
>>31984762
On go-pills some U.S. pilots dropped a bomb on Canadian soldiers.
>>
>>31984615
the dark version is far superior, du vollmilchschwuchtel
>>
>>31984617
Holy shit, I can't imagine being in a war zone under the influence of LSD. I never had bad trips or anything, but I remember once still tripping hard at about 4am when I got home, I went outside wearing nothing but jeans and a jacket, running down the centre of the road and trying to talk to the few taxi drivers still out when they stopped at traffic lights.

>"hey how's it going? so uhh, am I supposed to shoot you? well shit... fuck, I lost my gun man no worries, have a good one weeeee!"
>>
>The Impact of Caffeine on Cognitive and Physical Performance and Marksmanship During Sustained Operations
www.usariem.army.mil/assets/docs/publications/articles/2004/caffeine.pdf
>>
>>31984583
If i recall the Luftwaffe issued amphetamines to their pilots.
>>
>>31984950
The werent in an actual warzone you poof.
>>
>>31984950
have you ever watched Apocalypse now?

I feel the night fight for the bridge is reminisce of a bad LSD trip in a warzone, minus actual hallucinations.

That entire movie is a trip.
>>
Are you kidding? It was after Vietnam that the army sobered up, armies have been drinking and doing drugs for all of human history.
>>
>>31984583
Lol, do you think panzers were only fueled with gas?
>>
Not sure, but I've smoked weed and played stalker a few times. Pretty fun, I can see where those freedom guys are coming from.
>>
>>31985088
Pretty sure the USAF still does that.
>>
>>31984583
>Have drugs ever been tested by an official military in the hopes of improving combat effectiveness?

Yes, since the dawn of time.
>>
>>31985574

this

OP = noguns
>>
I think there's a relationship between testosterone levels and visio-spacial abilities, so I could see steroids helping
>>
File: Phenibut_from_Russia.png (620KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Phenibut_from_Russia.png
620KB, 1024x1024px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenibut

>Phenibut is mandated standard equipment in a Russian cosmonaut's medical kit. The use of "conventional" tranquilizers for stress and anxiety makes patients drowsy, which was deemed unacceptable for cosmonauts; phenibut, however, lowers stress levels without adversely affecting performance.[medical citation needed] In 1975, phenibut was included in the cosmonauts' kit for those who participated in the Apollo-Soyuz joint mission.[13]
>>
Here's a nice book.
>>
>>31984583
brits tested lsd on soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rWnQphPdQ

heroin was original intended for german soldiers. That was very quickly stopped.
>>
>>31985574
There is a mention is Vedic texts about the "Drinkers of Soma".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma_(drink)

It was used as a combat drug as well.
>>
>>31984583
dextromethamphetamine and modafinil are common performance enhancing drugs that I know are common in the special operations and aviation communities... especially modafinil.
>>
>>31984909
Red is for go time, blue is for the office.
>>
>>31986120
>especially modafinil
USAF mainstay.
>>
>>31985645
pretty sure you grab some online
>>
>>31985645
I tried this for insomnia and I took a much bigger dose than recommended. A few hours later I felt it kicking in but decided to watch youtube before going to sleep. The next thing I knew it was 9am and I was still sitting bolt upright in a chair and had pissed myself.
>>
>>31985121
Hypothetically dork
>>
File: 1478435773417m.jpg (94KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478435773417m.jpg
94KB, 724x1024px
>>31984583
Yes.
PANZERSCHOKOLADE BESTE SCHOKOLADE!
>>
>>31986176
It's more of an anti-anxiety drug tbqh. Never heard of anyone using it for sleep. Use melatonin instead.

For performance, the afinil class of eugeroics is the hottest shit right now. You basically get woke as fuck with minimal side effects and practically no withdrawal.

Anyone interested in afinils, Adrafinil (weaker Modafinil) and Flmodafinil (Ridiculously stronger than Modafinil) are unscheduled and available online. If I had a go bag I would definitely include an afinil.
>>
>>31984583
yes, in pretty much every military in history. google 'pervitin'. the Reich government issued its soldiers with little containers of methamphetamine in tablet form, to be ingested before or during combat.
>>
Many drugs have been tried, and while some have provided short term benefits to combat effectiveness (like the amphetamines that Nazi brass tested on some units) they aren't sustainable long term and risk addiction. Caffeine is widely used in war to keep people awake and alert on multi-day ops, and many troops choose to relieve stress with nicotine or alcohol, but few combat enhancing drugs have been found
>>
File: ripit-citrusx-sf.jpg (9KB, 198x275px) Image search: [Google]
ripit-citrusx-sf.jpg
9KB, 198x275px
Of course
>>
>>31988726
ripped shits
>>
>>31985088
The US does that today
>>
>>31988726
That brought me back
>>
It's amazing how commonly issued Amphetamines are to people for shit like ADD. I can't believe doctors get away with it.
>>31984583
Right now the US military is giving test supplements to soldiers on starvation diets. I am very surprised they didn't do this sooner, it would help with the massive loads that infantrymen have to carry.
http://www.productliabilitylawyerblog.com/2016/10/u-s-military-testing-whether-testosterone-can-boost-combat-readiness.html
>>
File: image.gif (416KB, 499x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
416KB, 499x211px
>>31984583
What about has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?
>>
>>31985160
GO GET DA ROACH NIGGA GOOKS ON THE WIRE!

love that scene
>>
>>31984583
In Afghanistan we had a powerful stimulant they would issue to all Marines . It would jack you up before battle and make you near invincible (at least you would feel that way) and impervious to pain. I got hooked on it bad and still look for fixes here in the states. Pic related.
>>
File: 5it9Ejt.jpg (108KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
5it9Ejt.jpg
108KB, 720x720px
>>31988949
Pic that forgot that's related
>>
>>31988962
energy drinks?
>>
>>31988949
>>31988962
Goddamit. Now I'm jonesing for Rip-It now.
>>
>>31988854

On amphetamines I can go without food past the point where I would usually get a headache
>>
>>31985160
>>31984950
>Took 2 tabs 1P-LSD (125ug each)
>Watched Apocalypse Now coming up
>Could still understand the story
>Play Insurgency modded out with screaming sounds and intense gunfire sounds
>Do decently well, stay combat effective
I mean I wouldn't do acid in an actual danger situation but that trip was fucking V I S C E R A L
>>
>>31988962
Hahaha used to always put a few of those in my smoke grenade puches. Fit perfectly.
>>
Historically soldiers always had alcohol. In WWI if your officer wasn't an prohibition cuck you would always get a ration of alcohol.
>>
>>31989656

I feel like cid heightens your senses like crazy if you take a modest amount (eg 100ug). You pick up on things you normally wouldnt for sure.

Always wanted to get a bunch of friends together and trip and go to a paintball course as a team. I feel like we would tear the living FUCK out of that place, it would feel so real and intense to us that we would treat it as such and put in extraordinary amounts of effort to win.

Fuck man the adrenaline rush youd get..
>>
>>31989787
I feel like if you took any amount of LSD in a combat situation, you'd either think "wow what the fuck am I doing here" or "damn son, this is just like a video game!"
>>
>>31989787
Honestly man, I wouldn't go for that. Sitting on a computer is one thing, but actually getting hit by paintballs would be no bueno. Not to mention people could notice you're acting strange.
Also I think you'd get bored pretty fast. I only played a few rounds of Insurgency before I moved on to something else

>>31989818
>wow what the fuck am I doing here
I'd say this is the most likely case. You would feel too much empathy for your enemy
>>
>>31989829

Eh, paintball is fun as fuck. The pain factor would make it very real and make you extremely motivated to 'kill' the opponents and not 'die'. Seeing and hearing the shit whiz past my head would be fucking crazy lol. That and the fact you could always call it quits if it got too intense.

FPS's on cid are also pretty intense. Idk. As for a real combat situation, it would probably suck fucking cock. But then i feel like after the initial shock, you would go into some sort of primal survival mode and just be like a robot doing what you need to do to stay alive.

I know how i react on it, these are just my thoughts. Im sure every person has a different feeling about it thats just as valid, aside from those who who never tried it because they dont know wtf they are talking about.
>>
>>31984606
This answer is CIA af.
>>
>>31989936
I totally get it; I was never really big into paintball but I can see the appeal. The most adrenaline thing I've done on it was drive an ATV and it was the tits. If you can keep it together I bet you'd have a blast on 100ug playing paintball.

Side note: I really want to trip and drive a jetski during the summer. VVVRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>31989045
Rip it's are more than energy drinks my friend.
>>
>>31986412
I've had trouble staying awake my entire life. I slept through high school and college. I'm not exaggerating at all, I literally slept through probably 70% of my classes. I start flight school in 5 days and I'm seriously scared I'm going to have the same issue. Can't even take any modifinil or anything because the Navy drug tests.
>>
>>31990477

Fluorenol aka Hydrafinil? I've never tried it but Cephalon considers it a competent successor to Modafinil. It's technically not an afinil at all. Ceretropic sells it for an okay price iirc.
>>
>>31990662
>>31990319

But if you keep falling asleep you might actually have narcolepsy. See your doctor about it. Best-case scenario you get an excuse to have drugs in your system.
>>
>>31988726
nastiest shit I've ever tasted
>>
>>31988854
i take adderall (dextro/levoamphetamines) for my add and it helps a shit ton. at therapeutic doses it pretty much acts like a pot of coffee straight to the dome, makes my brain function normally instead of being stuck in an infinite fog. its only when you use recreational doses or alternates like methamphetamine that you start fucking your own shit up
>>
>>31993741
Really? I got prescribed 15mg addy and it does fuck-all for my concentration. Thinking about using modafinil to supplement it.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.