[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is shit, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

Looking to build my first AR-15 after having helped my friends build his. Considering it will by my first AR and my first rifle larger than a .22, I want to build something pretty basic, inexpensive, but not cheap shit. I found this place, Outdoor Sports USA. A lot of their AR kits look like basic ARs with cheap airsoft shit attached, but I want a second opintion. Here's a kit they have for $380 that I wanna pick up. This should be fine, right? I'll post their superdeluxeairsoft turd in the the hopes that I might be slightly mistaken. I'm just looking for something that would be good to learn with, put rounds downrange, and maaaaaybe go hunting with. Semper P and thanks.
>>
Here is their 500 dollar model. Don't give a shit about that stupid bit on the muzzle, but would that sight be worth a damn?
>>
Buy the upper and lower half from palmettostatearmory and slap them together. Buy non PTAC and you'll be fine. If the upper doesn't have a bolt carrier group and charging handle included, you'll obviously need that. Another option is to get a stripped lower and a rifle kit from them. The stuff you mentioned looked shitty
>>
File: daily-deal-sku-77932698_1_1.jpg (35KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
daily-deal-sku-77932698_1_1.jpg
35KB, 370x370px
>>31982814
Picked up a blem lower from PSA. Still shopping around. Might just end up picking this one up.
>>
>>31982824
Wait until you can buy something with a midlength gas system, its better
>>
Like, look at this shit for 480 bucks. That can't be good, right? Right?
>>
>>31983359
What are the benefits?
>>
>>31983501
Not him, but it's easier on your action, lets you use a lighter buffer, and doesn't blow as much carbon through the gas system.
>>
>>31982784
Mp sport 2. It is a good reliable entry level AR around 600 bucks. You could go with the ruger 556 too. The MP is great and I've never met anyone, new or experienced shooters, that have anything bad to say about it.
>>
>>31983359
http://www.primaryarms.com/radical-firearms-5-56-16-17-upper-receiver-12-fgs-handguard-rfu16-1-7-5-56-12fgs
do things like this come with the gas system built in?
I've got no idea how the whole thing works
>>
>>31983492
buy once, cry once. for a couple hundred dollars more you can buy or build your own and know for certain that it isn't cheap junk.
>>
File: 1445978435967.jpg (81KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1445978435967.jpg
81KB, 720x540px
>>31982801
>>31983492
>plastic lower
>>
>>31982784
http://www.livefreearmory.com/product-category/556-products/556300-firearms/

Instead of buying something that looks retarded try buying something that is specced reasonably for the price.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.