[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Hughes amendment get repealed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1474384838528.jpg (201KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474384838528.jpg
201KB, 853x1280px
I know it's been talked about a lot after Trump won but is there actually any real chance to the Hughes amendment getting repealed? or is that just a meme..?
>>
File: Goblinass.png (21KB, 91x74px) Image search: [Google]
Goblinass.png
21KB, 91x74px
>>31982433
I personally feel as though at this juncture, we might have a better chance than before. I sincerely hope it can be done away with.
>>
>>31982433
for a second I thought this was black people swimming
>>
>>31982433
No, but there is a much more realistic chance that national CCW reciprocity or the removal of suppressors/SBRs/SBSs from the NFA may occur within the next 4 years.
>>
>>31982433
There's a real chance now, but the role of gun legislation in the election is being downplayed a huge amount by the media. Everyone needs to be writing their politicians to explain exactly why we're willing to put up with Republicans in office and what's expected of them.

Would also be nice to see it mentioned in the media instead of the SJW saltmine, muh suggy knees, racist bullshit, but that's a big ask and could be counterproductive.
>>
>>31982681
They would be drowning then.
>>
>>31982686
omg please this.
>>
>>31982706
>Everyone needs to be writing their politicians to explain exactly why we're willing to put up with Republicans in office and what's expected of them.
This.
If there was ever a time to get politically involved for your gun rights and start taking back ground, now is the time.
4 years is an extremely short length of time as far as legislature and politics go and the environment to make change may never be this good again.
>>
If a completely Republican government can't get state AWB's repealed I'm giving up on politics forever.

What the fuck is the point if even if we win in every conceivable way, New York can still violate my constitutional rights and my civil rights without repercussions?
>>
>>31982793
>the environment to make change may never be this good again.
THIS is truth x1000

the time to act is NOW. you may never receive another opportunity like this
>>
Did hughes amendment legitimately pass? it was voted on by voice vote and a request for a recorded vote was ignored from what i gather

watch this shit
https://youtu.be/a6Mx2UcSEvQ?t=482

im not 100% sure on what it shows but if the vote is not legitimate this could be useful to us
>>
>>31982433
No one is gonna allow full auto guns to be legal.
Even trump.
Why are you guys even entertaining this idea?

I can see silencers or SBRs being removed, but no Fun switches.
>>
>>31982967
repealing the hughes amendment keeps MGs NFA, but allows new ones to be listed. It's a long shot, but remotely possible. Also, the passing of the amendment to the NFA is pretty shady
>>31982917
>>
>>31982793
>4 years is an extremely short length of time as far as legislature and politics go and the environment to make change may never be this good again.
Anon, you assume too much. The midterm elections are in TWO (2) YEARS. They could go badly and the opportunity would be lost.

We have to move NOWNOWNOW.
>>
File: hughes.png (53KB, 648x699px) Image search: [Google]
hughes.png
53KB, 648x699px
>>31982917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ
6:02: voice vote on the hughes amendment, the chairman says YEAS have it although the NAYS are much louder. A recorded vote is then requested in which there are 124 YEAS and 297 NAYS. The hughes amendment FAILED on a recorded vote.

there is then an objection in which hughes wants 5 minutes to explain the amendments, the chairmen then holds a vote for whatever reason to adopt the hughes amendment into the volkmer substitute(WTF?), which then passes. the hughes amendment was snuck into the volkmer substitute.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.