[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal self defense alternative to guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 14789833783221130649408.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
14789833783221130649408.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I cannot legally carry a firearm and want to know some legal alternatives for self sefense
>>
>>31977749
a handful of nickles in a tube sock
>>
>>31977749
Pictured knife is actually pretty good for stabbing ghouls until they die from it, which might take a while. A sap or baton would be better for quickly incapacitating through blunt stopping power and breaking bones.
>>
>>31977828
Forgot to mention impact weapons are prohibited from carry just about everywhere. The best melee weapons are going to be illegal.
>>
You'll mostly get troll replies by asking, but there's quite a few seriously harmful tools to protect yourself.

>knife of course which you posted
>tactical pen
>pepper spray
>taser

At the end of the day your best self-defense tool is your situational awareness. This does not mean you have to be paranoid, this simply means you should be aware of what's going on around you. If you get a bad gut feeling about something, leave the area. Simple as that
>>
>>31977749

Learn how to fight with your bare hands. Learn than anything you can get your hands on can also be a weapon.

There's only such thing as a fair fight in the ring, stomp their nuts in, go for the eyes, etc.

If all else fails practice your cardio so you can outrun the fuckers
>>
This is now a kubotan thread. Post your kubotan
>>
>>31978279

Don't you have to put keys on those to legally carry them in your pocket?
>>
Think Tool not weapon a ball pien hammer is a pretty good tool a machete is a useful tool as is a very large screwdriver
>>
File: Kubotan.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kubotan.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>31978284
No,

Just carry keys WITH them and attach before the police show.

Then ask blankly what's a ko bo tan officer? What, my key ring?
>>
>>31978337

and what if you get pulled over/patted down before you get that chance?

They're cool tools though, I mean shit just curling your fingers around one gives you a fist pack and usually a tip at the bottom of your fist for a hammer blow. Cool shit.
>>
>>31978279
Is that "I could have used my keys on their eyes anyways" the weapon?
>>
>>31978351
I found it, don't know what it is.

Was just going home to Google it officer.

I love mine, fiddle with it incessantly.
>>
Why the fuck would any retard pay money for a kubaton when you can make something similar if not better with just a few basic hand tools.
>>
>>31978480
Because they are like 2 bucks off eBay.

2 bucks and 30 seconds vs making one yourself.

Time is valuable to some of us.
>>
Who else edc kubos or a tactical pen/simmilar?
>>
>>31978610

If you were gonna carry something like that, wouldn't it be better to carry a tactical pen, seeing as there's no need to attach it to a keychan or anything like that? I mean it's a pen
>>
>>31978741
Yeah, maybe.

I like to roll it through my fingers all day though so I find this >>31978279 kind of design works consistently. Also cheaper.
>>
Martial arts could also be beneficial
>>
>"tactical pen"
the retardation of paranoid yankees truly has no end

>>31978279
p sure thats a urethral sound toy
>>
>>31978931
Nobody is saying it couldn't go up an ass.

Tactical prostrate stimulator
>>
>>31978337
Kubotan lv99
>>
File: Capture+_2016-08-07-12-05-36-1.png (3MB, 1440x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-08-07-12-05-36-1.png
3MB, 1440x1415px
>>31977749
To recommend a few knives:
Cold Steel Black Talon
Cold Steel Talwar
Cold Steel AK47
Cold Steel Rajah
Cold Steel Espada
Cold Steel Spike
Spyderco Matriarch
Spyderco Yojimbo 2
Spyderco Paramilitary 2
Spyderco Karahawk
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Endura
Spyderco Manix 2
Zero Tolerance 0620cf
Emerson CQC, ETAK, Sheepdog, Patriot, etc.
CRKT Obake
CRKT Hissatsu folder
SOG Gambit
SOG Instinct

I would personally avoid liner locks for the most part. Fixed blades, compression, triad, lockback and ball-bearing are the best locks for fighting knives. Some people argue that framelocks are as strong as your grip, but I think that's sketchy in comparison to the locks I listed.

Also, if you have next to no training, Matriarch and Black Talon are meant to induce maximum damage with minimal force. Wave function knives with strong locks are (arguably) as good as fixed blades. You can get both with wave function.

Simply put, wave function is when a excess of blade was created, or a stud was added, in order to catch on the corner of your pocket to deploy the knife upon drawing it. While Emerson made the original wave feature, Cold Steel made a practical wave feature with a very aesthetically pleasing thumb-stud. Companies like Spyderco and Zero Tolerance have bought temporary rights from Emerson to employ that feature on their knives I have listed.

In addition, I highly recommend you break past $100+ budget for your defense knife. You will see why we in KTG (Knife Thread General) make such a fuss about our $100+ folders. Once you break past $100 for a knife, you will beat yourself up about buying 50+ MTech beaters over the years instead of 2-3 quality knives with lifetime warranties.

And be sure to check your local/state knife laws. That should be the first factor when you start considering which knives to purchase.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 397x525px
>>
>>31979084
OP here I already. Have crkt obake and hissatsu folder
>>
File: Darth_Hamburgler.jpg (71KB, 856x477px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Hamburgler.jpg
71KB, 856x477px
>>31977749
This guy's lightsaber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSfIwnN8Lw
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-12-08-17-16-29.png (510KB, 942x685px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-12-08-17-16-29.png
510KB, 942x685px
>>31980661
that is painfully autistic
>>
i have these 2 things i carry where i curl up my fingers, lock them in with my thumb and 4 hard bones protrude out that i can hit people with.
>>
>>31977749
>Can't carry a gun
So get a black powder revolver.
>Can't carry black-powder
Get a baton.
>Can't carry weapons of any sort
Get a six D-cell maglight.
>I'm a fucking retard who wants to get stabbed while making the attacker bleed, so I can catch his fucking AIDS.
Get a knife.
>I want a tool that isn't really that useful as a weapon but is a great fucking tool for every day carry.
Get a knife.
>>
>>31979084

The issue that considering knives are mostly illegal to carry in places where guns are.

Therefore, it makes more sense to me to juste get a little 20$ folder you can dispose of with no regrets if the need to arises, don't you think?
>>
File: DSC_0666.jpg (348KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0666.jpg
348KB, 1000x667px
>>31978610
I carry the top one of these brass pens. Its solid, I mostly like the weight when I write, but I've also used it as a drift pin and a punch. Never used it for self defense and never really thought of it that way though.

You guys think it would work?
>>
>>31979084
While I think knives as self-defense weapons underperform, I'm heartbroken that you left one of the best knives on God's green earth off of the list. If you want a knife that will serve as a tool, and will be wiith you nearly every day of your life, get hold of a Buck 119.
>>
>>31977749
why can you not legally carry a firearm anon?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.