[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safe General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: liberty.jpg (88KB, 752x383px) Image search: [Google]
liberty.jpg
88KB, 752x383px
What's the correct size safe if you don't plan on living in the same place for the next 20 years?

Also, show off your safes.

Also, safe general.
>>
>>31973290
I don't know... try Bolting a gun locker to the floor instead.
>>
>>31973290

imo apartments should come standard-equipped with a steel bar in a closet that tenants can padlock small safes/guns to so that people can't just walk out with them

I'm gonna get a portable locker unit to keep my guns in, but that's not gonna stop a pair of people from just carrying it out on their own
>>
>>31973373
Like, what's the point of those things? I mean if a couple people can just walk away with them.
>>
>>31973524
Maybe you can chain them to something? make it more difficult.
>>
>>31973290
As someone from Australia I'd also like to know this.

I'm renting and the laws in Australia are that the gun safe has to be bolted to the floor or weigh at least 150kg (330lbs) when empty.

Can't bolt anything to the floor when renting in Australia and gun safes that are in garages are known for being stolen from.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>31974466
Pull the carpet up in the corner of a room and bolt directly to the slab. During an inspection, tell them it's just sitting there. When you move out, put the flap back down and cover the holes. No one will know
>>
>>31974840
Wouldn't the carpet be all fucked up around the safe?
>>
I put this in a different thread: no safe. Put your guns in a hard case, wrap it in waterproofing and bury. Then report then stolen. Now when the libs get their way and use a federal gun registry to come and confiscate all your guns there's nothing there to take! Dig them up when it's time to go innawods.
>>
>>31974849
Depends on how you do it and the type of carpet. Most places I've rented in have had carpet "tiles" I've been able to pull out and my safe covered the hole I made. To the casual observer, it looked normal. Some other carpets, you can pull up a section and cut it off, and when you place the segment back in and fluff out the edges, the pile conceals the cut line
>>
>>31974466
Get one weighing 150kg
t. Locksmith
>>
said fuck it. I bolted my safe down through the hardwood floor of my apartment in a closet.

When i move i will fill in the holes with some wood putty and pretend it wasnt me.

If your on a second or third floor just use a gun locker and drill into a wall stud.

Most secure safe/$ is a Sturdy Safe.

Another option is a bolt togethet safe.

Lastly if it isnt a TL15 safe it isnt really going to stop some one. So have a back up plan like an alarm system.

RSC rated "safes" only need to withstand 5 min of attack with prybars.

Most gun safes are not even rsc rated.
>>
>>31974877
Do you think it would be heavy enough to fall through the floor if I'm not on the ground?
>>
File: Snapchat-3875799796879708815.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3875799796879708815.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>31973290
>>31973331
>>31973373

Let me tell you why you need to get a safe...and why its one of the best investments you as a homeowner can make. Posted this story a few months ago but will repost.

>live in a well off gated apartment complex for rich young professionals
>park my car
>walk to my door and notice it's unlocked
>ohfuckohfuckohfuck
>draw p320 and begin to clear room to room while my heart is at 160 bpm
>TV, laptop, desktop, PS4, and Xbone
>gone
>go to closet to check on funs
>both ARs
>gone
>Remington 870
>gone
>HK USP.45
>gone
>Engraved matching SW MP9 + Shield my dad got me as law school graduation present
>gone
>Ruger 10/.22 my grandfather taught me to shoot with when I was 10 years old
>gone
>his 2 weatherby hunting rifles he left me
>gone
>2 grand in emergency cash
>gone
>2 watches and 3 different graduation rings
>gone
>walk into bathroom and see my fuckin 1 year old cat laying on the floor wheezing and crying in pain
>call cops
>call gf
>call dad
>Everyone shows up to my house in 5 minutes
>gf rushes my poor cat to the vet

That shit was the worst experience of my life. Catbro had 2 broken ribs and a broken leg. I can only assume that the pieces of garbage kicked the fuck out of him because he is extremely friendly and runs up to greet everyone that he meets. He's fully recovered and perfectly fine now thankfully. Renters insurance paid off and I was able to replace the the replaceable guns and tech. Turns out it was 2 nigs that were associated with the plumbing company the complex uses and I had my toilet replaced 2 months prior. Cameras saw them leaving 17 minutes before I pulled up.

I had a metal cabinet that was built into my closet and padlocked... the only thing I want back is that $100 .22....

Get a fucking safe, weld and bolt it to the fucking ground.
>>
>>31976414
I remember when you first told /k/ about this. Good to hear your cat survived and is doing fine.
>>
>>31976451
Thanks bro. Alls well now and I've bought a house since then. My entire walk in closet is going to be a reinforced /k/ room.

Once something like that happens it's like a lifetime if paranoia washes over you.
>>
>>31974951
>Do you think it would be heavy enough to fall through the floor if I'm not on the ground?
I can answer this!
No, it's not bloody likely.
I lived in an apartment on the second floor when I built my first home gym, and would deadlift up to 205 kilos for 5 reps once or twice a week with no problems (The neighbors stopped complaining when I passed 120 kilos)
Unless you have people (or massively huge dogs) throwing themselves at your safe, it's not moving anywhere.
And another thing: A lot of gun safes, bar the really big ultra premium ones, won't weigh 150 kilos as they are, but have an optional weight plate you can bolt to the safe to make it heavy enough. Ask around.
>>
>>31973290
A few weeks ago I I had an electronic lock fail on a gun safe. It was a cheap Winchester model import from china. Folks, spend your money on something decent. Most of those gun safes you see at big box stores are nothing more than a glorified locking filing cabinet. I got tired of the paper work with the local sheriff and fucking around with Winchester. I grabbed my Sawzall with a cheap bi metal blade and was into the "safe" in a matter of minutes.

I cut the entire front off in less than 5 minutes.It was nothing but cheap 10 gauge steel and fireboard. I could have taken the guns out in less than 1 minute.

learn from my mistake, buy a real safe and dont waste your money.
>>
A safe is a good investment. I have almost 40 guns which average worth come out to 750. Not including optics. That's almost 30k. I also have some gold, vehicle titles, birth certificates, social security cards, cash and other important documentation. All together probably around 40-50k built up in there.

But that's not the whole story. The sentimental value of some of my guns is enormous to me. Wanna lose grandpas hunting rifle? How about your first .22? Maybe their street value is $100. What's it worth to you? Priceless.

Spend $1-2k at minimum and keep that shit locked up tight. Get that security system. Keep your nightstand gun loaded and lubed. Take it out every month. Use it. Train your wife to use firearms. Buy her classes. What's the price for a loved one? Your kids?

People are shitty. They will kill for $100 or a defenseless piece of ass.

Hell, I rode my dirt bike through a murder scene a couple weeks ago. Guy was killed innawoods after being abducted. People suck. Don't give them a chance.
>>
>>31976414
I remember you and your story! Did they catch them and put them away? I'm glad that your cat is alright, FUCK thieves and fuck niggers
>>
>>31976414
If they caught the coons, did they at least manage to get some of your things back?
>>
>>31976414
Please PLEASE tell me they put those dindus in prison for a very long time. That's something I can never imagining happening, I'm so sorry to hear that anon. No one deserves to have hierlooms stolen
>>
>>31976638
Ya. Both of the home invaders were found and some Hispanic guy that worked for the plumbing company was arrested as well for being the tip off.

I got a visit from the owner of the company and he expressed how he had no idea how he could have let this happen and offered to pay for the vet bills. He was a nice old guy in his late 60s and I could tell he was deeply ashamed. I had grounds to sue, but I didn't think it was necessary to ruin the man's livelihood. He lost the contract he had with the complex though, that seemed like enough financial retribution.

>>31976681
No nothing back. Cops said if it's a firearm of any type it's fucking gone and you are SOL. Electronics are obviously easy to sell. I'm hoping one day that the rings or watches pop up as they were engraved with my name, but if they had any intelligence at all they would have sold the stones and melted the gold.

>>31976713
Ya one of the partners at my law firm knows the DA pretty well and they are seeking the maximum penalty.
>>
>>31976768
Thank god. I sincerely hope they get the maximum penalty. Human trash like that don't deserve any respect or sympathy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.