[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: senior enlisted ranks.png (299KB, 240x738px) Image search: [Google]
senior enlisted ranks.png
299KB, 240x738px
Still don't get it.

Why would anyone want to be these ranks? Explain the appeal of being "Senior Enlisted".
>>
>Old USAF MSgt

Holy shit what ancient outdated shitrag did you pull this chart out of?
>>
>>31972371
>e-9
Its for contrarians who want to technically be lower rank than any officer but still be able to bully anyone below of-5
>>
>>31972371
they're too stupid to commission and too afraid of the real world
>>
>>31972371
Don't you make 2200 bi weekly after graduating war college
>>
>>31972371
>master gunnery sgt
I just want to do my job fuck off
>sgt maj
i'll crush anyone that stands in my way of uniform regs
>sgt maj of the mc

I'm a fucking politician.

Pretty funny seeing a division sgt maj call nicely to a battalion and teh battalion sgt maj shit bricks and dismantle the whole battalion in completing the dvi sgt majs request.
>>
i wouldn't want to stay past e5
you're basically a manager from here on. it's a lot more fun to do the job no matter how much it might suck.
>>
Nothing much, it's an easy ass job, you can pretty much just loaf around and make all your SNCOs do all the hard stuff. You are in charge of making important decisions, but blame will generally never be placed directly on you.

Pay is pretty sweet and dumbfuck boots give you laughs while fucking up your rank at the PX
>>
>>31974283
you son of a bitch. Youre that guy that has a lot of black on his collar near his chevrons dont you?
>>
File: 1477808093948.jpg (146KB, 440x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477808093948.jpg
146KB, 440x457px
>>31972371
Someone has to mentor the junior officers. You seriously wouldn't want a 22 year old with less days in the military than days of leave I've taken to lead troops into combat alone right?

Above mentoring and raising CGO's, SNCO's are the voice of the enlisted to FGO's and higher. They may seem worthless and useless but that's because you don't know. You don't some some of the shit Col's come up with that all their buttlicking O's just agree with because "muh promotion statement" while it takes an enlisted guy already at the top to tell the Col "what the fuck do you think you are doing" behind closed doors.

Western NCO corps are the envy of the world and Asian/Arab countries can't seem to get it. That's why the lose battles so hard.
>>
>>31974237
>>sgt maj of the mc
>I'm a fucking politician.
The lowest level politician you have ever seen
>>
>>31972371
1. They get a sweet pension
2. Someone has to do it

E1 thru E5 are mostly 18-25. You need the angry old man to fucking yell at everyone once in a while so we stopped dicking off.

I was an e4 in an Infantry battalion when I got out, I did 4 human years, so in marine years it was like 20.
>>
>>31972371
You can't just stop advancing and stay in. You would be cock-blocking all the people who want to progress. If you are competent at E-5 and E-6 but don't have the aptitude to lead, then it's about time to get out. If you do want to stay in fro 20 or 30, you had better find some good leaders to learn from rather than the usual cock-suckers in the CPO's Mess.
>>
>>31975211
>progress
If they wanted to progress they would have tossed in their warrant officer package or OCS packet,
>>
>>31974271
Every job needs managers. And management is where the money is for the most part.
>>
>>31972371
having a cucking fetish by 2 Lts
>>
>>31974365
>Western NCO corps are the envy of the world and Asian/Arab countries can't seem to get it. That's why the lose battles so hard.
The infamous "Why Arabs Lose Wars" article suggests that at least part of the reason is cultural.
>>
>>31977006
2 LTs? Or a 2nd LT?

Up your game.
>>
>>31977035
been drinking, don't care
>>
>>31974271
/thread
Once you hit e5 or e6 go warrant
>>
>>31977056
Jokes on you, I'm morning drunk too. Or is it afternoon? Shit.
>>
>>31977083
all I know is I gotta report in the morning, flight chief's gonna be pissed
>>
>>31977093
You're still in?
>>
>>31977161
unfortunately
>>
>>31977209
HAHA fucker.
>>
American ranks are confusing as fuck, Anyone care to explain?
>>
>>31972371
USCG ranks are easy as fuck to recognize, those shown are only on the dress uniforms while it's mostly just collar insignias
>>
>>31977355
Chair Force here, I'll explain for my branch. But from what I've heard it doesn't translate well into any of the others...

Holds the position of Flight Chief, usually the top enlisted man in a 'shop' (A platoon would be the closest normie branch equivalent, basically an element tasked with a specific goal)

From there the Master Sergeant could continue to promote up to Senior or Chief, or continue down an alternate duty called the First Sergeant.

A MSgt or above tasked with being the conduit for all the problems of the enlisted at a Squadron level (Company.) This could be either good, like helping out junior Airmen with personal issues- or bad, like bailing them out of jail and issuing punishments.

Senior and Chief Master Sergeants are known as Superintendents, and are the highest ranking enlisted in the Flight or Squadron. They assist and advise the Commander on various day to day activities.

The CMSgt could then be laterally promoted to Command Chief Master Sergeant, which advises the Wing Commander (Battalion equivalent.)

There is only one Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, who works at the Pentagon and advises the Chief of Staff of the Air Force (a 4-Star General)
>>
>>31977875
Whoops, that first one should be a Master Sergeant.

Note that the rank emblems in OP's pic are outdated- we transitioned into new ones in the early 90's. Pic related.

First Sergeants are identified by a white diamond in the middle of their rank, while the Command CMSgt has a star.
>>
>>31977919
Wow, I'm really on a roll here, forgot the damn image...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.