[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I figure you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I figure you gun nuts know a thing or two about the military.

What's up with all the fucking coffee? I've been reading a lot of Clancy lately, and every fucking chapter coffee is mentioned at least 3 times.

Why aren't these guys swallowing caffeine pills, or dosing modafinil or some sort of amphetamine? Why fucking coffee of all the stimulants out there? WHY is our entire military (and other militaries around the globe for that matter) operating on coffee? Wouldn't that bias their decision-making somewhat? Yeah, caffeine gives you energy and revives your attention span, but the kind of headspace it induces is more conducive to repetitive tasks than coming up with breakthrough, out-of-the-box solutions and such.
>>
Any job with sleep deprivation+boredom=people chugging coffee.
>>
>>31970764
I don't know

Something tells me it's probably better for a soldier to be sober at all times
>>
Other stimulant drugs are used, but pretty rarely. You do still hear about pilots getting "go pills" on occasion, though. Most of us just drink energy drinks anymore.

As for why, it's because the military is fucking tiring, especially at war. Long hours, little rest. I'd rather be awake with a lower attention span or whatever than asleep.
>>
>>31970764

Are you some Silicon Valley tech exec who scorns all inefficient meatspace sustenance in preparation for the Singularity?
>>
most military I know work like 12-hour shifts 6-7 days a week. Shit fucking sucks especially when you're in the Navy. Look up sailors sleeping you'll probably find some interesting photos of personell sleeping in weird ass spots.
>>
>>31970788
I'm not OP, but Soylent is pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>31970764
People drink coffee. It's been around for some time friend. I realize being 12 is kind of tough. You'll get through. Mommy likes her coffee with lots of cream and sugar. That's why mommy is getting fat and daddy isn't around as much. You too will learn to like coffee. It is a big boy drink that helps you stay alert and unlike hardcore stimulants like caffeine pills that cause headaches and amphetamines that are fucking illegal coffee is mild and has little downsides..

Good luck in this strange new world.
>>
>>31970788
That sounds so familiar.
Fortress Farm series?
>>
>>31970846

It's a real product.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/31/huel-human-fuel-hi-tech-food-powder
>>
>>31970764
A good cup of coffee helps you get through the workday no matter what the industry. It's both a crutch and a pleasant distraction.
>>
>>31971011
So, what, the claim is that there are no waste products in that nutrient sludge? Do people who subsist on it solely just stop shitting?
>>
File: 1332457837386.gif (929KB, 135x180px) Image search: [Google]
1332457837386.gif
929KB, 135x180px
>>31970764
>mfw some sub-human near me drinks his coffee without milk
ISHYGDDT
>>
Today's army seems less about coffee and more about monster energy.

I swear they should sponsor the army
>>
File: 2010-06-04-Strip_40_Rip_It_web.jpg (160KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
2010-06-04-Strip_40_Rip_It_web.jpg
160KB, 700x355px
>>31971310

Monster and Rip-It.
>>
>>31971371
Lel those dollar store monsters.
>>
Some of those caffine tablets, pills, and sililar items actually cause more dehydration, overheating and other things than drinking coffee. Had a pvt in ait take those caffine pills and ended up having to go to the hospital.
>>
File: Rip it.jpg (93KB, 777x306px) Image search: [Google]
Rip it.jpg
93KB, 777x306px
>>31971402

Ya, more caffeine content though.
>>
>>31971310
Citrus X Ripits brah
>>
>>31971193
Why is this bad, I like my coffee black at times, just like how your wife prefers all the cocks she takes.
>>
File: rip_it_logo_black.jpg (33KB, 606x224px) Image search: [Google]
rip_it_logo_black.jpg
33KB, 606x224px
>>31971371
Son, I am the rippit.

Because if the MACHINE breaks down, we all break down. I won't allow it!
>>
File: BOOM-BOOM-ENERGY-DRINK-250ml.jpg (95KB, 684x684px) Image search: [Google]
BOOM-BOOM-ENERGY-DRINK-250ml.jpg
95KB, 684x684px
What about dem Boom Booms?
>>
>>31971193
>lil baby cant handle black coffey

Sad!
>>
>>31971193
Shouldn't you be protesting Trump or something?
>>
File: 1478910132262.png (68KB, 195x299px) Image search: [Google]
1478910132262.png
68KB, 195x299px
>>31970764
Because coffee makes a better laxative than other caffeinated drinks and you need a laxative when you eat military food.
>>
>>31970771
/thread

military, police, fire/ems, mining, fishing

caffeine and nicotine make it all work out
>>
Is putting milk in coffee really uncommon in america?

Every time I see them with it, they either take it black, or use creamer powder
>>
>>31971193

Espresso, straight. Get on my level, peasant.
>>
>>31972167
is barron the new smug pepe/gorilla poster?
>>
>>31971193
>2016
>not drinking coffee with grass fed butter

Get on my level faggots.
>>
>>31973358

Isn't that the 'bulletproof' shit the paleos try and peddle? Does the butter effect the taste at all?
>>
>>31973244
I've seen most fellow Ameriburgers add cream or milk to their coffee. Starbucks was a mistake.I prefer mildly sweetened black.
>>
>>31973409
Guess it's just a tv/movie thing, then.

I prefer mine with a little full cream milk. Gives it just a little bit more body. Black just feels too watery to me.
>>
>>31970801
>Soylent is pretty fucking cool.
I'll buy the green version if and when it comes out.
>>
File: MISSION_FUEL_KIT_large.png (101KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
MISSION_FUEL_KIT_large.png
101KB, 480x480px
Is this shit even any good or is it just MURRICA meme beans?
>>
File: 1458164055738.gif (2MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1458164055738.gif
2MB, 400x299px
>>31973594
...because it has people in it?
>>
>>31971193
only black coffee is allowed in the infantry boot
>>
Here is just some pros

- There is no crash on coffee like there is with sugar or other central nervous system ) stimulants
- A caffeine pill is usually 200mg(4 cups coffee) Thats too much imo.
- You can still be "yourself" when drinking coffee, unlike sugar it doesnt turn you into this hyper speedy kid.
>>
>>31971193
It's not about the way it tatses comrade but how it makes you feel
>>
>dosing modafinil or some sort of amphetamine?

Because you have enough guys leaving the service with messed up body parts, you don't need to be creating stimulant addicts who literally can't function without pills?
>>
>>31973358
>>31973371
I don't know where the fuck those hippie fuckers pulled the bulletproof name from.

My grandpa, has done it since he was a soviet tanker in Afghanistan.

I don't know how he learned it, he died when I was a kid.

I'm just 20 yo piece of shit who tried it because of "Quarry" just to have my mother tell me that my long dead grandpa did the same stuff.

I find it pretty good, makes it nice and smooth also keeps chapped lips away.

Sorry for my autistic writing style, there is a reason I was an infantry conscript last year.
>>
>>31974260
There's an awful lot of Slav in this here post and I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.