[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy (Matt from Sicario) a realistic depiction of a modern spy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3949.jpg (377KB, 914x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3949.jpg
377KB, 914x514px
Is this guy (Matt from Sicario) a realistic depiction of a modern spy?
>>
>>31969412
>CAG
>Shitty condor gear.
>No 416s
>PVS-14s

No.
>>
>>31969412

Yes.

Apparently Josh Brolin didn't want to take the character because he felt he was too flamboyant and unrealistic. Then Villeneuve introduced him to a few of the former Delta/CIA guys who were creative consultants on the film. Brolin's objections disappeared.

High stress jobs attract people high on the psychopath spectrum
>>
File: N1pp024.jpg (454KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
N1pp024.jpg
454KB, 1280x960px
Nobody knows for sure how SAD operates because only SAD knows how they operate. The closest you could get is reading memoirs from people like Billy Waugh and honestly its going to be watered down to save secrets. Doubt this movie had any more information then you or me could. I still enjoyed it though.

>TL;DR: probably not
>>
>>31969459
>outdated camo
>grey beard
>giant Arkansas toothpick
>horse

Based/10
>>
>>31969412
No. But Jeffery Donovan is.
>>
File: NwNENXx.jpg (582KB, 2047x1334px) Image search: [Google]
NwNENXx.jpg
582KB, 2047x1334px
>>31969474
Billy is a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>31969479
He was a DEA agent in that movie though
>>
>>31969412

Most realistic depiction of gunfights and operating I have seen in a film, wouldnt be surprised if they had real life Delta advising them every step of the way.
>>
>>31969497
>>31969459
That's not Billy

Billy could barely stand unassisted when these photos were taken
>>
File: mhm.jpg (85KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg
85KB, 960x639px
>>31969412
>a realistic depiction of a modern spy?

Nope.
>>
File: ttss9[1].jpg (431KB, 2000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
ttss9[1].jpg
431KB, 2000x1348px
>>31969412
>spy
No, it's actually more like picrelated.
>>
>>31969499
>My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy until..

First season is GOAT the rest is okay to tolerable with a few really good gems that stick out.
>>
>>31969513
I kinda figured but wasn't sure because it's all spooky. I know for a fact this pic for ants is him at Gardez during Operation Anaconda. Other guy must be Special Forces then.
>>
File: 1466806800359.jpg (122KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466806800359.jpg
122KB, 1080x1080px
>>31969412
Spy? No
Government spook? Yes
>>
>>31969459
>letthelegendcomebacktolife.png
>>
>>31969552
What's the difference
>>
>>31969459
>SAD operators

>I just want to operate, but my boss just keeps making me train people
>>
>>31969412
>SAD
>constantly fail at everything they do

literally just an ego project kept alive by retards trying to re-create the WW2 parachutist days
>>
>>31969532
different strokes for different blokes. Those are spymasters. They control info and decision making. SAD handlers would be considered spies since they oversee covert actions and answer to the section chief. It's similar to HUMINT officers tagging along with SOF units to personally collect intelligence. They'd then relay the info to the higher ups like in your pic and they'd make macro decisions.

Yes the vast majority of intelligence operatives are desk jockeys, but there are intel officers that go into the field.

Similar to Kidon having a Mossad intel officer agent as their handler when they're conducting a elimination mission.
>>
File: The Gang Removes Kebab.jpg (32KB, 408x306px) Image search: [Google]
The Gang Removes Kebab.jpg
32KB, 408x306px
>>31969552

Not anon but:

Spooks can be spies, but not all spies are spooks. A spy is any agent or asset, cooperative or otherwise, who is used by a government to collect intelligence. This isn't usually Bond or John Clark shit, but your average desk jockey who shares intelligence of worth with his handlers. Much less flashy, though equally likely to land you a life sentence or bullet to the back of the head in some basement if you try it with the wrong people.

Spooks, on the other hand, can wave the long dick of "fuck you I'm OGA, I don't have to explain shit" around with far less repercussions than a spy might.
>>
>>31969412
The modern spy in my country are iimigrants, and the guy who funded the Paris attacks from pennsalivabania some drug dealers are spies too because in the u.s the cop that gets called on you has no questions but the cop you call on has many options and scenarios enough questions for you to start your own career in police work
>>
>>31972059

spooks follow orders from the spies and can't do shit when the spies fuck up

>oh you lost 3 guys, sucks to be you. bye bye now.
>>
>>31969552
dude is a freaking ass. I watched one of his videos on youtube. he talks and carried himself like a pissed off biker.
>>
>>31973680
He's an adrenaline junkie who's very intense and puts 150% into whatever he's doing
Like birdwatching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOliF5FoAA8
>>
>>31969412
The Colombian did nothing wrong.
>>
>>31969513
Waugh operated a little post 9/11, it was the place they had him that wore him down. They stuck him up in the mountains with tribals, living in the brutal cold for a few months, and he just got to the point that he couldn't do it anymore, being a man in his 70's. His book states that the whole thing was bitter cold, sleeping in shitty sleeping bags half frozen, and never being able to get clean
>>
>>31969412
was gonna stop watching this movie when the first few minutes were looking to turn into some female empowerment bullshit. Ended up loving it after the scene where she tries to girl power a guy in the face and ends up getting pinned down like you would expect from a 90 pound female.

the cartel boss kill was retarded though
>>
>>31974425
same, loved how you got the feeling that she was basically a tagalong so they could legally operate(which she was).
The gunfighting and raid scenes are top-tier too
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.