[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American and Concealed Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
Buying my first concealed carry gun next week and I've been looking at the Ruger American.

Is the full size viable, should I get the compact, or something different?
>Inb4 Glock
I only want American made pistols
>>
>>31967592
Shameless self bump
>>
>>31967592
Gen4 glocks ar made in Georgia.
>>
>>31967837
Is the full size too big to conceal?
>>
>>31967896
Ruger American, that is
>>
Bump where you at /k/?
>>
When carrying a full size pistol, I find the grip to be the deciding factor. I can carry my H&K P2000 a lot easier than my P30 because of the difference in the grips. I carry IWB. I have no experience with the Ruger American. I would imagine something roughly the size of a G17 would be more inconvenient to carry.
>>
>>31967979
It comes with there different grips (small medium and large) of that would change your calculus.
>>
>>31968005
*If
>>
>>31967896
That'd be up to you.
Some people have no problem CCing something like a full-sized Beretta 92FS or even a Desert Eagle (though we're talking Shaq tier giants in this case).

"Medium compact" (like Glock 19 size) kind of guns seem like they'd be best across the board on average, but it's always personal, with sub-compacts being a close second (like the Glock 26, M&P Shield, Ruger LCP, etc).

I'd go ask to try it at a store, see what feels more natural.
>>
>>31967592
>only american made
You're cutting yourself out of good options needlessly, but there's a lot of good shit made domestically still.

I've always been a fan of the old all-steel S&W's, though they're likely not at all what you're looking for.
>>
>>31968062
Good call. My thing is magazine size. I wanna balance concealablity with capacity.

>>31968090
I know there's some great European guns but I'm partial to domestics.
>>
>>31967905
If you were fat or had a thick jacket on, then probably. It's like most full size pistols. Big.

I wouldn't try to conceal mine, but that's only because I have better (and smaller) guns made for the purpose of concealed carry.

If you want to carry one, I recommend getting a compact or gaining weight. That's just how I feel about it though.
>>
>>31968169
Thankfully I'm fat. After 3 back surgeries, you'd be too.

What's the highest capacity for compacts? 10 + 1 doesn't seem like much.
>>
>>31967592
get a 1911 faggot

theyre quite slim for fullsizes which makes them quite easy and comfortable to carry and thats about as American as it gets
>>
>>31968359
No I want the American
>>
>>31968005
I was speaking of the length of the grip as well as thickness. Bug grips dig into you, poke out, and are generally a nuisance. They are prone to pinching you too when you get in an out of a bucket seat and shit like that. A more thin, less long grip is more likely to tuck up and not cause these problems. If you aren't going to Detroit, give up a couple of rounds for a gun that carried better
>>
>>31967592
As someone who has the fullsize, i would not ccw it. If i did it would be small of back only. Reason being that the grip is aggressive, and will feel like youre rubbing one of those rolling back scratchers with the spikes on your ass.

Get the compact version. Its in between compact and sub compact size.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.