[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Officer Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: imperial officer.jpg (141KB, 2500x1250px) Image search: [Google]
imperial officer.jpg
141KB, 2500x1250px
Post officers

I thought you said these guys were just management, /k/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-98JnlGaF4

/k/ = Fox & Grapes
>>
>>31966041
I am someone who was in training to be an officer, but chose not to continue and go back to being enlisted because of what it entails.

90% of what officers do is cover your ass bullshit. Very little of their time is spent solving problems, and the time that is spent solving problems is because that looks good on their OER.

Advancement for enlisted is determined by how good at your job you are, how good at general tasks in your service's mission, and personal qualities such as leadership. Advancement for officers is based on how directly you can comply with directives sent down from higher officers and force your enlisted to comply. These aren't things related to the mission, they're things like sexual harassment.

Being an officer requires one to be morally and ethically flexible, dependent upon the ever-changing moral compass of the civilians that run the military. Officers are taught to disregard the impact tactical decisions may have on their own soldiers in favor of the impact tactical decisions may have on the civilian population. Officers are taught to make ethical judgements with completely arbitrary factors in mind, such as how this action will make American civilians see the Army, how this action will change how the indigenous population will see the Army, instead of accomplishing the mission and getting your guys back.

Being an officer demands that you become, completely and entirely, a hypocrite. Someone who is able to do something sneaky and wrong for their own advantage, and then punish those who also do it. It demands that you force your men to do things that you would never do yourself, or believe in things you would never believe in, under threat of punishment.

The way officers are expected to act and are trained to act, at present, is dangerous and destructive. Destructive to morale, destructive to the ethical direction of the military, and detrimental to the very mission of a military force.
>>
>>31966100
>I am someone who was in training to be an officer, but chose not to continue and go back to being enlisted because of what it entails.
t. failed officers course
>>
>>31966105
You can't really fail any officer course. With pretty much every way to commission, all you have to do to pass is keep showing up.
>>
>>31966100
>These aren't things related to the mission, they're things like sexual harassment... Officers are taught to disregard the impact tactical decisions may have on their own soldiers in favor of the impact tactical decisions may have on the civilian population. Officers are taught to make ethical judgements with completely arbitrary factors in mind, such as how this action will make American civilians see the Army, how this action will change how the indigenous population will see the Army, instead of accomplishing the mission and getting your guys back.

Wow, your idea of ethics is fucked.

"Your guys" matter, civilians don't, and broader strategic consequences are "arbitrary."

You also have a really blinkered view of what "the mission" is and what effects it. You're not just going in to kill some people, you're going in to accomplish some end, in the course of which you're going to kill some people. And an environment with sexual harassment - personal bullshit intruding on people just trying to do their job - isn't conducive to anything.
>>
What is it like to be an officer that is a pilot? Is it still mostly having to do management? Or is it more of doing your job of flying and honing your skills? I want to go to OCS to be a cobra pilot or maybe Army to fly apaches.
>>
File: IMG_2405.jpg (31KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2405.jpg
31KB, 320x400px
>>31966261
154C here, go street to seat and never look back, ignore these fools in this thread for your career.
>>
>>31966167
Why are burger officers courses that easy? We have like 50% drop out here
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Signal Corps 2LT here.

Get at me.
>>
>>31966100
this

t. someone who got to watch his friends die because our officers were faggots who cared more about how Iraqis saw us than getting our guys back.
>>
>>31966347
Butter bar faggot.
>>
>>31966220
Kek, you sound like some MS4 who drank the kool-aid. Go back to CLC, cadet.
>>
>>31966296
This. Go Warrant if you want to make it through your 20 years and still be sane.
>>
>>31966100
You clearly dropped out of officer training because you have the wrong idea of what it is to be an officer. In the Autralian Army we get taught to make the right decision for team army.
>>
>>31966100
As a real person who passed and became an officer, there's plenty of us who
1: have no regard for our oers. I do my job by what's best for my soldiers and the mission. Not some pog civilian and not for my rating scheme. You'll be more successful long run by doing your joes good because then they will work harder for you and make you look better. And if your senior rater is still a dick about it, then fuck him.
2: officers always take the morally high ground. That's why you have e4s to do the dirty work for you. Bear in mind though, they get caught (which my e4 mafia never did) then you as an officer are obligated to have their back. But seriously, I've never had to compromise my morality. At most I've needed things acquired in order to complete missions.
3. I can honestly say I've never been a hypocrite during my time leading soldiers. I do my paper bitch work. But when it sucks outside in the motorpool, I don't use it as an excuse to stay inside. I'll specifically go outside and turn wrenches. Soldiers always get released when their work is done (16-1700). I don't make them sit around for hours while I get done around 2000 every day. Soldiers always eat first. I pt with my soldiers, I take my own trash out. I clean my own messes.

Like, being an officer isn't hard. You just have to be a reasonable, decent person who isn't afraid to say "no" to your bosses.
>>
File: IMG_2406.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2406.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
Say what you will, great O's are hard to come by.
>>
File: 1473750261968.jpg (75KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1473750261968.jpg
75KB, 640x628px
>officer appreciation thread on veterans day
i'm triggered now knowing that there is some cherry ass 2lt out there going out of his way to get free things
>>
>>31966167
>You can't really fail any officer course. With pretty much every way to commission, all you have to do to pass is keep showing up.

>>Laughing pilots
>>
>>31966631
No need to be mad
>>
>>31966631
To be fair, they've probably been pulling it since their last few years of ROTC.
>>
File: IMG_2409.jpg (73KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2409.jpg
73KB, 960x640px
>everyone but the chiefs in this thread
>>
>>31966041
> these guys were just management

1. What army are we talking about? US, EU, or something else?

2. What position are we talking about? HR office managment is not the same platoon managment in combat.

3. No one says that officers suck at fighting, it's just that being one neither makes you any better at it, or that you're more likely to engage ina fight than regular soldiers (though again, this changes from an army to an army. I know that the Israeli doctrine, as one example, dictates that officers always lead in the front of the force).
>>
>>31966100
So basically you'll happily kill as many non-combatants as it takes, or ignore your mission objective as long as your men make it out alive? Why even fight? Your men will be home safe and sound as long as they sit on their arse doing fuck all.
>>
I have my AOSB MAIN Board for the British Army in two weeks
Shitting myself
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.