[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canuck here. Got my PAL recently and looking to dive into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Dessie.jpg (70KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Dessie.jpg
70KB, 1000x667px
Canuck here. Got my PAL recently and looking to dive into the world of weapons, definitely going to speed up the process now before Trump unleashes manifest destiny.

Just want to know, how practical is a Desert Eagel for my first gun? What is your personal opinion of this firearm?

I understand it is heavy and has plenty of recoil but ever since I was a kid running through the streets of San Andres as CJ I have always wanted to try one out. I think it would be a great first gun considering it would be fun to use and sexy as hell. But is this a total noob gun?

Or do you think I should start out smaller and work my way up to it? I'm not very knowledgeable in this field and forgive me if this question is asked thrice daily.

Thanks for your time.
>>
File: 1478865464880.jpg (27KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1478865464880.jpg
27KB, 500x333px
Desert eagle. First gun.

Have fun paying for the ammo. Its expensive has hell.

My advice, start with something smaller, 9mm or .45 as far as pistols go, 1911 is the way to go in my opinion.
>>
>>31965863
>Desert eagle as first gun

Lmao
>>
>>31965873
>>31965876

Okay I'm sure it probably appears as a troll thread to someone knowledgeable but what are the actual cons of owning a desert eagle as your first gun? (besides expensive ammo)
>>
>>31965889
> Shit capacity
> Unreliable
> Expensive ammo means little practise
> Too much recoil
>>
>>31965901
Bingo! Not to mention it is useless unless you're in a all-out battlefield.

If you're in a self defense situation, you'll obliterate your attacker while also killing 2 or 3 more people from your bullets shooting through multiple brick walls behind your attacker. Lol.
>>
>>31965889
The real problem is, with a gun like that as your first, you're going to teach yourself some really bad habits that will be hard to break going forward
>>
>>31965863
/k/anadian here
Where do I start if I wanna own firearms? Join a hunting club eventually later and have my own weapons
>>
>>31966589
First step: Move to the United States.
>>
>>31966696
I would eventually like to, especially now given the election but I'm stuck here as of right now. I know guns are obtainable here but a lengthier process
I just don't know much about it yet
>>
>>31965863
Not the worst choice, but close to it.
The recoil will beat you up and there's the possibility of developing a reflexive 'flinch' when firing, that might be hard to knock out of you later on. I tend to start teaching people on .22, .38 or 9mm, they learn around the peculiarities of marksmanship first, then later when they're confident with the ability to aim and control what minor recoil there is- we have a look in at stuff like .357, .44 and .45

There's a lot of decent guns in 9mm that will see you right and for a fraction of the cost of the big arse shiny gun, if you're on the cheap something in .38 wheelgun will do just fine as well for learning to shoot.
>>
>>31965901
>deagle
>unreliable
pick one

OP, what you'll want to do is rent one and try it out on the range.

Then rent a 9mm and try it out.

Deagles are fun, but not for everyone. There are a lot of classified ads in the US saying "I bought this for $1600 and shot it twice, it's not for me. "
>>
>>31965863
Hey norther neighbor, good to see you start looking into your first gun.
I own several Desert Eagles, and have a small stockpile of 50AE (ammoseek helps with odd calibres), and still have to deter you from getting this as your first fun.
It's about as reliable as CNNs' presidential predictions. I've fed each of mine different ammo types, put them in various sized hands, with different levels of shooting experience and the things just don't function well. It's a novelty at best and an irresponsible choice at worst.
If you just want one because Snatch was an awesome movie or because you like Counter-Strike then go for it and have fun with the thing. But if you're looking for a first firearm to set you right into the world of guns, this is one to come back to later.
Hope your search goes well, friend!
>>
File: 8inch870.jpg (409KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8inch870.jpg
409KB, 1280x720px
>>31966589
>take firearms safety course/courses (depending on if you just want a PAL or a restricted PAL as well)
>take PAL test
>wait six weeks or so
>get license in mail
>buy guns
>>
The desert eagle in .50ae is an incredibly temperamental pistol. It is fun as fuck to cycle mags through but if your stance is a bit wrong it won't cycle at all. Sometimes even when you're standing right it still doesn't cycle. The carbon buildup is unlike anything I've seen on any of my guns and it requires much more frequent cleaning than any of my other guns. The recoil is not as big as you'd think, it's very manageable but the real problem is the reliability. It isn't reliable. Also if you're thinking of concealed carry, you're gonna need to wear a thick coat at all times which is probably not an issue for a Canuck but it is for me as an FLfag
T. Deagle owner
>>
>>31965863
Fellow Canuck, you'll be paying several hundred for a range membership every year, the deagle is several thousand to purchase, and the ammo is $50 for 20.

Every shot, every crappy shot before you get good, will cost $2 per trigger pull.

Get 9mm, hell get 22lr and have fun there first.
Learn the basics of properly aiming and using a semi auto first.
If money is no object, buy a 9mm or 22lr at the same time as your deagle to learn on.

Jericho 941 is baby deagle in 9mm ;)
>>
File: IMG_0553.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31965863
U need 2things
>RPAL
>2500~3300 bux (depending on cal. ,condition, etc)

Syrupfriend u can do it too
>>
>>31965863
Desert Eagle is not practical for anything.

Get an M91/30 or SKS-45 for your first firearm.

Ideally, get a Desert Eagle never.

/thread
>>
>>31967600
I own a deagle and its the best thing I have ever done.
>>
>>31965889
>gas operated pistol
>can get it in .357 but literally who wants a .357 deagle
>>
>>31967649
Wimmenz
>>
>>31965863
Man that's just retarded. Get a gun you can actually use. Just feeding this meme machine is outrageous. You can buy two match .308's for every one .50AE, And the .308's are actually useful for something.

Hell man get a .22 and learn how to shoot first so you're not literally throwing away $2 every time you pull the trigger and miss cause hurrr durrr degal brand degal first pistol.
>>
File: test.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
test.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
i think my DE is my favorite gun. i would recommend buying one, but i dont know about one as your first gun.
>>
>>31967889
Australia???
>>
>>31967889
I didn't know you could buy guns in australia?
>>
>>31967921
>>31967931
im in the US but i do my training upside down.
>>
>>31965873
Fpbp
>>
>>31967889

what i hated most about the deagle was the sheer amount of force you had to apply to do basically anything with it. the slide release pretty much needs two hands to comfortably work.
>>
>>31966717
Well a .22 bolt gun is a great starting point, since it's basically exempt from all laws if you're allowed to have guns at all.

>cheap ammo means lots of practice
>gun itself is cheap and parts are everywhere
>bolt action, so no soccer-moms or fudds on your ass 24/7
>light and easy to store, no real hassle to clean either
>easy to learn on, low recoil so flinching won't be an issue when you get larger calibers

Not much else to say, but I'm sure they're as easy to get in Canada as they are in the U.S.

I'd suggest Tikka as a reputable brand, but cheap .22s aren't nearly as bad as cheaply made larger rifles.
>>
>>31967966
Ever tried this thing called regular exercise?
>>
>>31968012
A lot of people like to recommend .22s for starter guns but I personally find .22s boring as fuck and would instead recommend a 9mm pistol or .223/5.56 or bigger rifle instead
>>
>>31968028
Nigger I'm stacked and even I need to get a good grip before I can move the release.

t. Professional Furniture Mover
>>
>>31968049
Oh hey, I had a good friend who was a professional furniture mover. Yeah, dude was pretty fucking strong, and an awesome fellow to drink with, but terrible to game with. He'll beat you at everything ever, every time. I miss that Native bastard; haven't seen him in over a year now at least. Like a brother to me, he was.
>>
>>31968049
Well, you're still weak as shit then, Mr. girly hands.
>>
>>31965984
Is this satire? .50AE isn't the same as .50BMG. Fuck, I hate underage niggers like you.
>>
>>31968176
Jake?
>>
>>31965863
Very good bait thread OP
Had a Canuckle Chuckle
>>
>>31968303
Nah, neither of his names start with a J, but I'm sure Jake is awesome. As it happens though, that's the nickname of the main character in the novel I'm writing. His real name is actually Charlie.

I lied, it's not Charlie at all, it's Jacob, but he prefers Jake, and isn't Native.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.