[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for an American soldier to serve under British/Australian/French/whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1478698965697.png (561KB, 704x493px) Image search: [Google]
1478698965697.png
561KB, 704x493px
Is it possible for an American soldier to serve under British/Australian/French/whatever command if for some reason they ask for some type of help?

Pic unrelated but I'm on my phone and have nothing.
>>
you mean follow their directions? yeah. you can listen to the words coming out of someone's mouth and do what they say.
>>
>>31964471

Kind of, in a way.
>>
maybe. why would you want to?
>>
>>31964471
Pretty sure these high speed cool guys get loaned to allied nations every once in a while
>>
I know you can move around in the Commonwealth countries, I know of plenty of Australian soldiers who've gone over to serve under the British military.

Not sure about the Americans. I'm guessing it's possible, but probably not nearly as easily done.
>>
>>31964471
Never really as an individual soldier, but during multinational operations it happens. For example. an American infantry battalion could be attached to a Brit led task force.
>>
>>31964471

If the operation is defined as combined command (such as NATO), then yes, a foreign officer could give orders to a US grunt and he would have to obey as if they were issued by his own CO.

If the operation hasn't been designated CC, then the grunt may or may not obey orders given by a foreign CO; however, usually in the name of being friendly allies, you would help out PROVIDED the foreign officer's orders don't conflict or interfere with your own country's objectives or mission. In that case, the foreign CO would have to seek official permission from your CO in order to borrow your services.
>>
>>31964476
>>31964479
>>31964497
This is probably stupid as fuck but so am I.

Let's say that they are involved in a fight against someone where the US has nothing to do with and they still ask for America's help. For some reason America say that """"can't"""" help them but some American soldiers may appear there """""magically""""", can they fight under the host country of flag?
>>
>>31964565

Yes, that's possible as long as they're not fighting against American interests, American allies or violating the fine print of any foreign policies.
>>
>>31964589
Thanks la.
>>
>>31964471
6-12 month special forces exchanges are fairly common between the US and its NATO allies.

US forces have also served under non-American NATO commanders in Afghanistan.
>>
>>31964530
What's the reasoning for them going to serve under the British?
>>
>>31964905
I don't really know, probably just for a learning experience and to see how others do things, I'm just aware that it happens because where I live there's a lot of military.

So I know for instance a friend of mine's father went over to Sandhurst a decade or so ago for a couple years, and more recently Prince Harry came over here to do a short stint with our army, I think he went and did the same in Canada too.

It's just the nature of the Commonwealth, the white part anyway. We like to do stuff together, braid each other's hair-guillettes, have sleep-overs, that sort of stuff.
>>
>>31964471
Yep, we had a couple of US JTAC and FAC guys we'd take turns dragging through the boonies in Afghanistan and blow shit up with.
Poor bastards suffered pretty badly too, some of that country you wouldn't make any normal person through. To their credit they seemed to survive!
Also worked with the Brits quite a bit in Iraq that where seconded to us, they where top fellas.
>>
>>31964905

Because the British SAS are fucking awesome so who wouldn't want to work with them? That's like some kid playing really good college hoops getting a chance to play with the '95 Bulls.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.