[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ any recommendations for an affordable 22 muzzleloader?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Hey /k/ any recommendations for an affordable 22 muzzleloader? Meant to be an entry-level gun. I've gone shooting and small game hunting a few times, mostly when I was a kid, and I want to get back into it with something I'm familiar with and doesn't totally break the bank. Also I live in Commiefornia. Price range about $200-300 but if that's naive then feel free to show me the light.
>>
>>31964049
Hmm, not what you asked for, but buy a 10/22.

I have over five i think. Great for teaching/learning
>>
>>31964107
I'm open to any and all recommendations, thanks. Any particular make/model I should look out for?
>>
>>31964124
I would recommend anything .50" and above, you can really pack a lot of .22lr down in there if you ram them tight.
>>
>>31964049
>22 muzzleloader

At least you're not lying about not shooting anything since you were young.

That said, msrp on Savage rimfire bolt-actions does get into that range.
>>
>>31964183
Checking it out. And as long as it'll kill rabbits and costs less than $500, I'll at least consider it. Really kinda fishing around here and not super knowledgeable.
>>
Get an air rifle. I shot a Ruger Airhawk, and I'm told it's a copy of the RWS-34, which was a pretty decent break barrel spring-piston air rifle 30 years ago.
>>
>>31964124
Well, id buy the cheapest 10/22 you can buy in cali

Used would be fine if it is half the price of new.

You can modify it endlessly and ot has the best magazine design of all 22s in my opinion.

Savage makes a hell of a bolt action, but my mags fail after a while.

Go with a 10/22.

Takedown model is available too, but id avoid it for yoir first
>>
>>31964049
Muzzleloader means black powder that you tap in with a ramrod, yknow, like 18th century stuff, my dude.

Are you thinking bolt-action?
>>
File: 12.jpg (31KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
31KB, 600x449px
>.22 muzzleloader
I mean they make them, but you're better off getting a .36 if you want a squirrel gun. .22 ballistics only get shitter with black powder.

If you meant a regular .22. a 10/22 is your best option. but if you want a cheap bolt action, get a Savage mk 2
>>
>>31964892
I mean bolt action yes. But instead of using a magazine you would load it through the front of the barrel.
>>
>>31966657
It's still a magazine, it's just called a tubular magazine.
>>
>>31966662
Thanks. Knowing the term will help me out.
>>
File: loading_badger_0628.jpg (152KB, 630x833px) Image search: [Google]
loading_badger_0628.jpg
152KB, 630x833px
>>31966657
Break action?
>>
>>31966657
You can't load metallic cartridges through the muzzle.
>>
>>31969219
What are you, my mom? I'll do what I damn-well please with regards to my muzzle and cartridges, metallic or otherwise.
>>
>>31964049
Uh, why muzzleloader?
Marlin 60 is a nice model, pretty simple and is already pretty good stock. Just get a cheap scope and your good to go. If you don't want to buy a scope, get a 10/22
>>
>>31964049
>.22
>Muzzle loader

Why?

What?

Do they even make them?
>>
>>31969561

I think he just doesn't understand terms. He was either talking Tubular magazine, like a Marline60, or a break action.
>>
>>31964049
You might seriously want to consider getting some quality familiarization and safety training before you go buy something.
Check your local gun range for beginners' classes. Or call the Sheriff's office, or check here: https://onlinetraining.nra.org/
Probably save you a lot of trouble and cost.
Take care
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.