[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Hey /k/, I need some help. I live in California so gun laws here are tight as hell, but I've been trying to find a good priced entry level AR15. I had my sights on a Bear Creek Arsenal AR that fires .223 and 5.56, it's priced at $500 not including the conversion to CA gun laws and FFL. I was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative comments about it, or any recommendations for another beginner level AR. Just a heads up this is my first post as a lurker and I'm a tad of a newfag so apologies for my lack of etiquette here. Pic related, it's the Bear Creek I was thinking about getting
>>
>>31963992
Nobody give this communist terrorist any help.
>>
>>31964010
Just trying to get into the hobby of shooting, friend
>>
>>31964066
commie
>>
>>31964066
fuck off, red
>>
>>31963992

Anything around $600 will reliably go bang and is an OK beginner ar.

$500 may cut it close. Still decent though.

Also, an obligatory move out of your commie gun grabber state
>>
File: DONOTCOMPLY.jpg (318KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DONOTCOMPLY.jpg
318KB, 1400x1050px
>>31963992
get anything that's in stock right the fuck now time is running out. also...

DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY
>>
Going to hijack OP's thread because I don't feel like it's worth wasting board space to make my own OP.

How the fuck do I get my first rifle in CA? The DOJ site is mentioning some certifications they want me to get before I can even just buy a gun for my house, but I'm not seeing where to actually get the certs from because I'm retarded.
>>
>>31964711
Go to a gun store and do the unconstitutional firearm safety test (for $25) and then wait 10 days after you buy your gun.
>>
buy a lower receiver on its own
get the other parts later
>>
>>31964728
Oh that's better than I was expecting, thanks anon. I was thinking it was going to be like a CPL training class back in my home state where I had to take a multiple hour class and get licensed by the instructor.
>>
>>31964696
but anon i dont wanna go to jail
>>
>>31964743
Not OP but do you know if I have to get it transfered if I buy 80 percents online? Could I just order that shit and have it delivered to my house?
>>
>>31965116
there are no laws against buying 80% lowers and shipping them to your house.
If you want it to be legal after making it into a gun you will have to serialize it, but they will never know you have it unless you tell them or you get stopped with it.
>>
>>31965133
Wrong again, kiddo. If you never intend to sell or transfer, it is perfectly legal to manufacture your own firearm. It does not have to be serialized. It does not have to be registered. It does not have to be reported to any agency. As long as the firearm follows all state and federal regulations pertaining to firearms, it is perfectly legal to manufacture firearms for your own use. It is only illegal to transfer that firearm.
>>
>>31965154
in CA they are requiring serials on everything but not til 2018 or some shit
even on home made guns
>>
>>31965154
Adults are talking about California, boy, and if you want to build an 80% AR in California you basically have until July of 2018 if you want it to be legal.
>>
OP I'd probably buy something like http://www.primaryarms.com/ke-arms-complete-lower-receiver-ke-1-50-01-033 and then pick a good upper to put on it if I didn't feel like putting together a lower. With a complete lower you'll have a gun as soon as you pop out the two pins on the lower, place the upper on top, and pop the pins back in. As a bonus it's cheaper so you are going to pay less tax ($15 instead of $50). The extra $35 you save by not buying that $500 gun can be put to other stuff.
>>
It really sucks that because I'm under 21 I can't buy a lower. I'm gonna have to blow all my money at once to get a completed rifle but I think its worth it eh.
>>
I go to school in WA, and live in CA. If I build 2 lowers and transport my upper, will it count as moving the rifle across state borders?
>>
File: 1470810609601.jpg (77KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1470810609601.jpg
77KB, 1024x683px
>>31963992
Hey OP, get yourself one ASAP before the new year. Personally, if I had the time, and tools I would start with an 80% and start from there. and in all honesty I think if you want to build an 80% you should have had your lower parts kit, and upper already before the panic. Pros of having an 80% is you get to choose your parts, and avoid registration for the time being. They passed the law (AB-857 ) that "makes" you serialize your 80% lower, and give that info to the DOJ.

If you do not want to go the 80% route, grab yourself anything right now desu. I'd grab myself an M&P Sport if I was on a budget and they're still pretty abundant.

and for fucks sake do not register, and buy your ammo now.
>>
>>31965273
Go back to your shithole state how about? And stay. Fucking cali trash
>>
>>31965303
Excuse me?
>>
File: Chow.jpg (160KB, 914x748px) Image search: [Google]
Chow.jpg
160KB, 914x748px
>>31963992
op just do this >>31964743

for fuck's sake hurry:
>http://wisearms.com/collections/ar-15/products/copy-of-anderson-complete-lower-with-utg-stock-1
>>
>>31964696
>get anything that's in stock right the fuck now time is running out.
Or wait 6-8 months for when the God Emperor and his Holy Supreme Court take California's libtard laws and burn them at the stake. Then you can get an ar without having to worry about conversions.
>>
>>31965360
will it really be that easy?
>>
>>31965381
>Donald Junior is /k/ as fuck
>The Don already promising to fuck Gun Control in the ass
>Going to appoint a pro-2a Justice
The Supreme Court may just rule CA's bullshit unconstitutional. If that fails
>Red Senate
>Red House
We might get a bill passed that makes CA's bullshit illegal, hell, maybe even a new ammendment about it. This route would take quite a bit longer though.
>>
>>31965227
get a completed lower
since it has a stock it is automatically a rifle and cannot be a pistol so being under 21 won't matter
>>
>>31965395
>>31965381
>>31965360
no
appeals takes fucking forever no matter who is in the supreme court
years, decades, who knows
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.