[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steyr M9-A1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: st1100-1_Duplica.jpg (341KB, 2000x1633px) Image search: [Google]
st1100-1_Duplica.jpg
341KB, 2000x1633px
Just ordered one of these. Never fired one, just held one once. It's my first double-stack 9mm. Did I do good?
>>
Considering its a comprimise plastic gun not really.

The ergos look way better than a glock atleast. I wonder if Steyr took another austrian pistol as a person threat.
>>
>>31962020
Hell yeah.
>>
>>31962020
>>
>>31962020
one of those designs where i'm not really trying to buy it right now, but i hope it takes off because it feels amazing in the hand. sights are kinda weird for me but i'm still wishing they further production on an a2 version

steyr is kinda like colt for the odd nato countires, they made all their money on military contracts without improving their quality to maintain that contract, now theyre struggling to not go bankrupt without those contracts
>>
>>31962141
Where did you come up with that?
>>
File: 1476084971617.jpg (206KB, 1949x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1476084971617.jpg
206KB, 1949x1088px
>>31962154
well colt lost almost all of it's US mil contracts to FN herstal

source: my fucking m4 issued to me in the arms room of my company is 75% FN parts

steyr pretty much makes the AUG and thats the only reason theyre in business anymore, they put out these little hooks to the civilian market for extra money but in reality theyre done if they don't get the next contract for (i assume) the next AUG for nations that want that.
>>
>>31962195
oh god, that is sex.
>>
File: Left handed.jpg (262KB, 1216x816px) Image search: [Google]
Left handed.jpg
262KB, 1216x816px
I had one, sold it pretty quick.
It would not go into battery. Watch the torture test video Military Arms Channel did with the vp9 where it didn't want to go into battery when dirty. Mine did EXACTLY that except it was totally spotless and had 1 drop of Lucas oil in each rail. This was after about 200 rounds through the gun.
I called Steyr and they said it might just be break in period but I returned it to the gun shop instead. I don't want any gun with issues like that.
I also hated the sights. The sights can be good for quick point shooting but if you want to do equal heigh, equal light, accuracy shooting, every round the same hole type shooting, they frankly suck.

So what was cool about the gun? It stayed on target for rapid fire better than any other gun I've ever owned. So if you want a quick target picture to mag dump into someones chest then it's a great gun for that.... if it goes into battery.
>pic related, my guns
>>
>>31962328

Thanks for the review. It's basically just going to be a fun cheap handgun to shoot for fun/practice.
>>
>>31962328
What gen was it? They had problems previously, but not anymore.
>>
>>31962020
they look really cool, let us know how you like it when you put a few hundred rounds through it.

i like the backstrap/grip, kinda like a funky modern luger
>>
>>31962328
>delta elite

what i shouldve sprung for when i bought this garbage rock island 10mm 1911
>>
>>31962397
Brand spanking new a couple months ago. The gun shot pretty nice, good trigger, cool looking, fully supported chamber, the rails were actually kind of neat, tight tolerances.. It just didn't want to go into battery, it would hang up about a millimeter or 2 short of it and you'd have a dead trigger, then you'd pull the trigger and it would release the striker but of course it wouldn't set the round off. Instead you'd get a primer strike, light, at the edge of the primer. I had a couple of the gun store people try it and it did it to them too, middle of magazine, 124gr ammo.
All it would take is a gentle nudge and it would go into battery so I don't know what the issue was. I'm sure it was easily fixable, Steyr told me to put another 200 rounds through it or send it back.
I really like Steyr customer service too, good company but I got rid of the gun instead.
>>
>>31962453
Why would you say that? You the guy that got the RIA a month or so ago? It looked like a cool gun!
>>
>>31962478
How much did you sell it for?
>>
File: p2000.jpg (60KB, 528x512px) Image search: [Google]
p2000.jpg
60KB, 528x512px
>>31962501
Gave $529 for it (came with threaded barrel and a range pass, $20 value)
I think they gave me $400 for it trade in value? Traded that and a Glock 19 I didn't really want in on a p2000 with night sights and extra mag.
Trigger on it was kind of shit. After this picture was taken I filled the action with Flitz polish and dry fired it into a snap cap a couple hundred times. It seems to have helped. HK makes the best barrels in the world IMO but their triggers are kind of shit.
>>
>>31962478
Strange. Lemons do slip through with everyone once in a while.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
>>31962488
posted elsewhere earlier explaining but basically it did not function as a semi automatic pistol from day one, and not after 300 rounds on stock parts as the manual stated as a breakin period.

stock magazine had one day at the range, never again, infinite magazine related malfunctions multiple times per magazine had to splurge for wilson combat mags that actually function
stock slide stop is absolute trash designed to be worn down and locked slide every single shot, will not function period as it came
front site flew the fuck out on an indoor range, RIP
grip screws stripped to all hell on first disassembly to remove all the shipping grease, replaced, and loctited

maybe im a fucking idiot, i'd believe it, but basically for the money and time ive spent on this piece of shit just to get it functioning on a basic level that i would still never trust enough to carry for self defense, i could have a way nicer pistol with way nicer features, or a glock 20 with twice the features for the same base price
>>
>>31962609
Sorry to hear that. They were fiber optic sights? That happens with those sometimes. I really have always hated fiber optic handgun sights.

Look at this way, it's a project gun and every piece you replace is a total upgrade.
Or you can just get rid of it but I like your gun. It's like buying a budget AR. It gets you shooting and then you can tinker with it, make it yours, upgrade it etc..

I'm left handed and had to replace the safety on that Colt with an ambi one. That meant shaving down the grip, cutting a slot in the back, learning how to disassemble the thing, buying a jewelers file, filing down the safety so it matched up to the seer properly. One file swipe, insert, one file swipe insert... took hours and I spent the next week worrying I did it wrong and the gun was going to go off on my hip or something. It all turned out okay though, really works well but I spent a whole day and $100 total on getting it done. Total pain because Colt hates left handed people but I like the gun that much more now.
>>
>>31962662
"fiber optics" AKA translucent red plastic front sight

it's now a filed down and shiny nail stuck into the hole

>upgrade
no, i've spend about 100 bucks on a $600 pistol just to make it function on a basic level. i still get failures to feed, failures to eject, failures to fire. I can hit a 100m target with it from a seated position, but is it really worth it?

it just gets to a point where if you see one horror story about a specific pistol that you should really just take a step back and reconsider, especially considering phillipino 1911s from any company are literally varying quality mud-hut machinist productions, clearly the rock island guy who was looking at my illegal blank of a 1911 that day was drunk as fuck and allowed it to go on to be finished and sold by RIA
>>
File: brass.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
brass.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>31962719
Lots of people think these are the best sights ever.

but yeah, I won't personally tolerate any failure to feed/eject/fire, obviously from the thread.
>>
>>31962815
if half the parts in the pistol werent completely proprietary and non-interchangable with any other 1991/ 10mm 1911 it wouldnt be a huge issue. front site post included is non compatible with any given 1911 fronts far as i know.

i'm definitely done spending money on it regardless of how it works. 300 bucks at the most return value so i might as well keep it
>almost got $1,200 for it at a local big gun shop because they thought it was a wilson combat after i mentioned wilson combat mags
>>
>>31962885
>half the parts in the pistol werent completely proprietary and non-interchangable with any other 1991
Did not know that, that's incredibly shitty.
I've almost bought an RIA .45 several times, thanks for the heads up though.
>>
>>31962996
Seconded. I had no clue.

I'm a weirdo snob so I never really went for them, but that's a real goddamn shame it has odd proprietary shit. Half the reason of buying a budget 1911 or something like that is just loading it with Wilson Combat parts and good sights and the like.
>>
>>31962101
the weave of that maille doesn't make sense
It's woven in a way so it should hang open, but it's hanging closed
>>
File: cz-usa-cz-p-071.png (805KB, 1117x745px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-p-071.png
805KB, 1117x745px
Anyone have experience with CZ-USA P07?? Either 9mm or .40?
>>
>>31962478
Sounds like bad luck you encountered with any product, a few shitty ones roll out and it sucks. Sorry it happened to you man the new ones I've heard are pretty great.
>>
>>31963452
It's great, but don't waste your money on forty. All that matters is shot placement and hollow points.
>>
File: IMG_20160404_151628061.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160404_151628061.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>31962020
You did okay.
Mine's reliable and I dig the sights, but the ergos are funky and the trigger is mediocre,
>>
>>31963057
>>31962996
don't take my word for it on the .45 models, theyre generally built around colt specs, the magazines are colt type mags (theres much better 1911 mag designs)

the 10mm versions have a super retarded barrel and spring assembly that actually requires a paperclip to dissassemble, front sight post doesnt appear to be the same dimensions of any front sight ive found and i'm not spending the money to replace it anyway. alot about the 10mm version was clearly an afterthought to get in on the sudden rise in 10mm popularity, but they sure as hell didnt copy the delta elite or any other major brand 10mm 1911 model.

just steer clear honestly if you want a good 1911. theres too many things that can go wrong with a 1911 if it's not made 100% to some kind of standard. rock island and any other phllipino 1911 company is literally illegal gunsmith dudes in sheds making unmarked 1911s that go to various companies to be finished and sold based on quality.
>>
>>31964438
I saw an astra like that for sale for 250.

How do you like it?

Can you find mags for it?
>>
>>31962020
I think that's a great gun. You go girl
I'm going to get one I think. I want a 9mil polymer that isn't a glawk
>>
File: 20901619108_0710a41771_o.jpg (1000KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
20901619108_0710a41771_o.jpg
1000KB, 2592x1456px
>>31964777
It's actually a MAB Model D.

But I absolutely love it, it's a pleasure to shoot. The only problems I have are light primer strikes with the wrong ammo. Well, that and .32 auto is kinda tough to find locally.
>>
>>31964438
>no roll pin by the rear sight
You don't have the latest version, supposedly the triggers are even better now.
>>
>>31962527
Were you using NATO spec or SD loads? Supposedly that's what the spring is tensioned for and it may have issues with lighter loads. Personally I haven't had any issues even when shooting tulshit but I've read similar stories before.
>>
>>31963452

I like mine. The decocker makes it great for carry. Shit aftermarket though.
>>
I kind of want a 1911
>>
>>31962020
>Mannlicher

You some kind of fucking homo?
>>
>>31969194
The guns may be tuned for full power loads but frankly, any factory 124gr load should cycle it just fine. If it had been remanufactured, 115gr loads then I might agree with you.
Can't remember if it did it on the self defense loads or not but I think it did.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.