[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just swapped out my front sight post on my AR to this. Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG1443.jpg (505KB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1443.jpg
505KB, 3808x2144px
I just swapped out my front sight post on my AR to this. Has anyone used this? I'm taking it to the range tomorrow
>>
>>31961974
looks pretty cool, tells us about it thereafter
>>
>>31962013
I'll be sure to report back. Just wanted to see what other people thought about the idea
>>
>>31962027
can you still adjust the elevation and shit
>>
>>31962043
Yea it functions the same as the regular post
>>
>>31962089

Well that's good, I like it
>>
Never seen one outside of a cheaper than dirt catalog. Looks fragile, but interesting.
>>
File: IMG_2946.jpg (1MB, 1929x1710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2946.jpg
1MB, 1929x1710px
Looks like you put a sight inside your sight.
>>
>>31962129
I got it from kns precision. It was only $30 and I wanted to see if it was a gimmick. Looking down the sites it looks good though.
>>31962139
It kind of is. I like that I can easily center things in the circle even if the crosshairs weren't there
>>
Isn't there some brand of iron sights that combines both the front and rear sight in one unit? I guess peep sights are like that, but this was different. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I swear someone here posted about it a while ago.
>>
>>31962170
Red dot? Kidding but not really
>>
>>31962170
How would that even work? The concept behind a front and rear sight is that you're lining up two different points in order to aim. I can't think of a way to do that unless you consider a red dot the same thing
>>
>>31962194
Trench sight.
>>
On the subject of gunsights, Where can I get spiderweb style AA sights?
>>
>>31961974
>Has anyone used this?
I've had one for a few years now, and I absolutely love it. The precision with which you can place your shots is second to none (for irons), and if you're doing quick shooting you can use the aperture ring as a sight itself, with your target being whatever is covered by the aperture.

It's definitely not as tough as a standard sight post, but if you buy the shrouded version (which I don't think you did) I would have enough faith in it to take it backpacking.
>>
>>31961974
Not used that specifically, but it's just a globe sight. They're common on target shooting guns. Humans are good at lining up concentric circles so it's easy to aim, and your point of aim isn't obstructed (well, if it didn't have those little crosshair things).
>>
>>31961974

I have one, and agree with
>>31963102

Though I never worried about it being 'tough.' It's protected by the little wing dealies on the front sight mount, so shouldn't get bashed up.
>>
Does this work with the Magpul pro front sight?
>>
>>31961974

Wow anon, that's a good picture, you managed to surprise your sights
>>
>>31961974
You can never unseen your front sights being held up at gun point.
>>
>>31961974
Does a great job of obstructing your view with more material on the front aperture, hope you don't plan to shoot at anything that's hiding or moving.
>>
>>31961974
not going to make you magically a better shot, if youre a shit shot youre still not going to hit well
>>
>>31965000
>Hands up don't shoot
>>
>>31961974
great now you can hit low flying aircraft with extreme accuracy
>OP is a faggot
>>
>>31962170
Seeall open sights?
>>
>>31961974
>YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE SIGHTS
Pretty cool looking though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.