[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lord Of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: ZABrXyn.png (705KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
ZABrXyn.png
705KB, 1000x562px
wtf I hate guns now

Memes aside, what did /k/ think of the movie?
>>
>>31958926
Even though the CGI in the intro looks dated now, I thought it was a cool scene. I actually enjoyed the movie.
>>
I didn't get any anti gun message from the movie. If anything it was anti war.
>>
>>31958926
One of my favorite movies of all time and one of my inspirations to one day become an international arms dealer, thereby combining my favorite things
/k/, /trv/, and a bit of /out/
>>
I thought it was a very well made black comedy.
>>
It's not anti-gun, it's anti-war. It talks about the politics of war and conflicts that no one knows or cares about.

Pretty good movie if you ask me.
>>
I liked it. I don't know who the fuck they thought they were kidding saying Nick cage and Jared leto are brothers though.
>>
>>31958926
I did like the airplane scene. Why you never park in some neighborhoods.
>>
Made me hate illegal arms dealers.
>>
>>31958926
I really liked the movie.
>>
File: 1462676002951.jpg (29KB, 376x387px) Image search: [Google]
1462676002951.jpg
29KB, 376x387px
It was great and depressing at the same time.
>tfw there will never be another time like the immediate aftermath of the fall of the USSR
>>
>>31958963
This. At no point did the movie blame the guns. Ethan Hawke's character actually tried a bunch, but the whole movie was a tragedy because the shitty people who bought the guns used them for shitty reasons.

Bonus: I work at a gun store and use his AK-47 speech word for word to sell AK's.
>>
>>31959846
why wouldn't you its the perfect speech for the perfect weapon system
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99XlWQ9KsA the fabled speech
>>
>>31959486
Immdient fall of the U.S maybe but that'll long after we pass
>>
>you will never be a black market arms dealer and go on a crazy adventure that makes you rethink life and shit
>>
>>31960461

In the end of the movie London has Fallen, Gerard Buttlers character says that the US would crush all of its adversaries and last 1000 years. I couldn't help but laugh at such a jingoistic claim.
>>
File: 1457690202909.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457690202909.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>31959333
>yfw the production team actually landed a plane in Detroit
>>
File: Dofly.jpg (89KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Dofly.jpg
89KB, 768x432px
>>31960640
>I couldn't help but laugh at such a jingoistic claim.
Well, he's not alone
>>
File: 1421625205375.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421625205375.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>31959333
>be in egypt with MFO
>see 2 random military planes land at civilian airstrip im monitoring
>czech flag
>cant figure out what the fuck im looking at and were all scrambling to figure it out
>nco freaking the fuck out even tho czechs landing would not mean shit for us, theyre here with us
>lightbulb turns on in head, remember the plane i saw in lord of war 2 days prior thanks to NCO bringing 1tb of random movies

>mfw a hollywood film assisted in accurately identifying an unknown military craft landing in my AO
>called it up personally like a bawss
>never told anyone how i figured it out
>pinned e3 next week for being so high speed
>>
>>31958926
"You're going to have to buy it. It's a used gun."
>>
>>31960719
What plane? Nigger what
>>
>>31960991
it was 2 antonov 12's in 2-tone green camo with czech airforce flag, dropping off a rotation of czechbros

took me bout 30 seconds to figure out they were czech airforce and we didnt need to wake up the rest of my OP, next 15 minutes of figuring out what the fuck the plane was, not so much. (we only focused on israeli and egyptian VID, thats all we were there to report)

they used this plane in lord of war, and nicholas cage saying "antonov 12" in the movie came to mind, did a quick google since none of the VID resources on site had anything for our allied forces vehicles and confirmed it.

most interesting day of those 9 months unless you count all the days i spent playing videogames and kayaking/snorkeling on the red sea
>>
>>31961130
Ayyyy noice
>>
>>31959846
I hope to shit you don't say that about the RAS-47
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.