[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Polish Armed Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18

How ready is Poland for a conventional war with Russian Federation within a few short years? From a quick glance I'd say - not particularly well. Their land forces consist basically of only 3 mechanized divisions (mostly mechanized with rusty Warsaw pact trash like BMP-1), and their best main battle tank, of which they only have a few hundred, is a T-72 variant. I've no idea what the state of their Air Force is, however.
I've also heard Polish are trying to develop a new MBT, here's a picture of a prototype.
>>
File: 1467556816175.jpg (45KB, 262x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467556816175.jpg
45KB, 262x394px
>>31957849
That looks bad to the bone. An armored, mobile machine gun nest. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>31957849
They would do better than most people think. Not to mention they'd fight to the death and make the Russian pay dearly for every inch.

Oh and it's two Mech Divisions and one Armored.
>>
File: TKS_20mm.jpg (28KB, 497x298px) Image search: [Google]
TKS_20mm.jpg
28KB, 497x298px
>>31957884
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Roman_Orlik
>>
File: AK hug.jpg (30KB, 635x403px) Image search: [Google]
AK hug.jpg
30KB, 635x403px
>>31957901
Really? How well do you think 11th Armored Cavalry Division do against the Russian 4th Guards Tank Division? My answer would be - not well. Even if we picture a limited engagement and don't take into account Russian Air forces, infinite manpower resources, etc, pound-for-pound the 4th is superior in numbers and equipment, and Russians have a recent and ongoing combat experience in Ukraine and Syria, while Poland's experience is limited to sending a few infantry companies to Iraq.
I think Poland would be stomped honestly, long before any massive army group-level battles, air campaigns and tactical WMD's. Poland's only hope is assistance from NATO. Or, rather, was.
>>
File: 450px-Spike_missile_launcher_3.jpg (65KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Spike_missile_launcher_3.jpg
65KB, 450x600px
>>31957960
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_%28missile%29

>Poland
>Total 2,675 Spike-LR missiles, 264 launchers.[30] Additional 1,000 Spike-LR missiles on order.[51][52]
>>
File: vatnik-bait-thread.png (117KB, 1208x782px) Image search: [Google]
vatnik-bait-thread.png
117KB, 1208x782px
>>31957960
>infinite manpower resources
Ok, ok, ok... You played well at first, but now you just Vatnik'ed this thread, comrade.
>>
>>31957849
Their most modern tank is Leopard 2s
>>
>>31958001
They might as well be, compared to Poland's.
>>31958005
Yeah, all 100 of them.
>>
>>31958044
I read some articles about it a while back...
Russia has a gigantic territory that it has to manage.
That means tens of thousands of soldiers have to guard it's borders, ports, bases, storages, supply depots, etc.
During the War in Chechenya, it could barely scrape enough required manpower.
And things haven't gone better since then.
Anyway - everyone knows Poles would give them a hell of a guerilla warfare even if their army is defeated. They have countless flaws, but at that they are very good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army

>all 100 of them
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2
>The Polish Land Forces operate 142 Leopard 2A4s, 105 Leopard 2A5s and two Fahrschulpanzer Leopard 2

Why are you even here? I mean, what is the point to come here and contradict basic knowledge that's available after 5 seconds of search?
Do they really pay you for quantity, not for quality?
That would not surprise me, it's the Russian way...
>>
>>31957960
>>31957960
vatnik you realize that your supervisor is mostly drunk all the time and only got his job through your culture's endemic nepotism, you can just post normal stuff or not post at all, you will still get paid.
>>
>>31957849
>Here's a picture of the prototype

Yeah, you're a vatnik shill
>>
Russia would eventually win, but not before paying dearly for its gains. The poles are not going to get fucked again for the 3rd time.
>>
File: munchkin tank.jpg (112KB, 800x493px) Image search: [Google]
munchkin tank.jpg
112KB, 800x493px
>>31957849
I had to.
>>
>>31958260
Poland also has some sort of legalised and state-sponsored militia system, which is gaining popularity.
>>
>>31960762
That's cool. Does the gubbermint chip in for training, at least?
>>
>>31960777
I think so, in the sense that they get paired up with local regiments or whatever, but I think the main benefit is being able to train with and own equipment which would otherwise be illegal.
>>
>>31957960
Russia is the biggest paper tiger of the last 150 years. It's not the equipment but rather the people that are sub-par. The average russian is too boorishly stupid to do much more than drink and rape barnyard animals, and even their competent scientists are under-funded and eventually leave russia. Their culture will always be plagued by an insect-like lack of creativity and blind obedience to whichever idiot bully happens to be leading them.The only way they can achieve victory is by dying in the scores and burying their enemies in corpses. It was like that in the Russo-Japanese war, in WW1, WW2, Afghanistan, and Chechnya, and the Russian mindset hasn't changed since then. It's always hilarious to watch them die like pigs and then rewrite history to try and call it a victory.
>>
>>31960805
is this some sort of advanced anti-Vatnik counter-bait?
>>
>>31957960
Honestly, really well. They are a modernized force with experience. They're probably of of the better militaries in all of Europe. Their time in both Iraq and AFG give meant they gained valuable experience from other nations regarding combined arms operations and command and control.

As for the Russians, the experiences of Russia have been more telling of the Russian Armed Forces to truly be a combat ineffective force.

In Syria, the Russian military is largely a advisory and aerial role. So far this had not resulted in much progress with both not really achieving much. The Air Force times their airstrikes with pushes by the Syrians to give the illusion of international and inter-branch cooperation.

In Ukraine, the Russian military has shown it is not able to function as a military should, with many units being set into combat without so much as a thought of where they could effectively be used. This has resulted in entire units being wiped out and parents wondering what happened to their child.

As for the pound-for-pound comment, the other anon is correct, while Russia does have large amounts of equipment most of it is not able to be of use in a war in Poland especially because it almost certainly last that long. Not to mention only certain units get the very best equipment and even then it is limited.
>>
>>31962922
>>31957960
I'd like to add to the Ukraine part, there are instances of Russian artillery units in Russia firing into Ukraine not being resupplied or manned fully due to the inability of the Russian Ground Forces to keep up with them.
Quite literally, Russia cannot support it's own army in it's own country.
>>
>>31957849
Depends... I forgot, are they part of NATO or did they decide to say no after the Cold War ended?
If they are, isn't the normal SOP for all Euro NATO nations to essentially turtle until the rest of NATO can dogpile in from the rear as reinforcements?
>>
>>31962955
They're a NATO country and likely have the ability to hold out for a while.
>>
>>31957884
The best part is is that you don't have to walk around like a scrub. You get to just drive around.
>>
>>31958260
>GROM chewing russia logistic ass
yes pls
>>
>>31960833
Don't mind him. He's a Ukrainian mad about being colonized.
>>
File: jRPt3Q5.png (139KB, 1658x1090px) Image search: [Google]
jRPt3Q5.png
139KB, 1658x1090px
>>31957849
I give them one week.
>>
>>31960745

>thinks Poland could even do shit to Russia

Polands ENTIRE air power is roughly 100 fighter/multi-roles of USSR era quality.

They aren't doing shit. Iraq literally had more gear than Poland does now and could have probably sank them alone. The only real good shit Poland has is a bunch of Leopard 2s but they are mainly hand me down A4s and A5s which they rely entirely on Germany to supply.

Poland isn't worth shit in an actual conflict because they'd be entire infantry focused using a mix of russian and nato hand me downs. They might put up a resistance post occupation but I dont see a Poland vs Russia war lasting any longer than Georgia.

There's just nothing Poland can really do. They have no tech advantage. No manufacturing past small arms. No airforce experience. No chance of repairing half the shit they got from others.

All Russia has to do is focus on the airfields. Once those fighters are done then Poland loses outright and escapes to clean toilets in Germany and France.
>>
>>31964557
You are overtly pessimistic. Poland can produce some MANPADs, copied from old Russian models, it have small helicopter industry, repair plants.
Still, outcome will be pretty much same, though.
>>
File: asg_fort.jpg (97KB, 527x369px) Image search: [Google]
asg_fort.jpg
97KB, 527x369px
>>31960801
>>31960777
They largely train with airsoft.
>>
>>31964786

Mother of god that is a diverse armory that squad there is sportin'
>>
>>31964557
Def not, they are constantly upgrading their weapons including their Leos. Not to mention they have some of the more advanced F-16s and are looking at getting the Guardian Apaches or Eurocopter Tiger.

>>31960777
They do and it's super popular now. It's the same story in the Baltic states, rather large paramilitary and partisan groups are arming up to fight Russia in case of invasion. Men, women and teenagers who, despite all the rhetoric about certain groups in combat arms in the US, honest to god, make the case for fully integrated combat units.
>>
>>31964557
Poland just has to hold off the russians until the US arrives, and arrive they will due to US units in poland and due to nato obligations.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>31960777
>>31960801
>>31965163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbCkHxNxvc
As much as I hate most of VICE for their DUDE WEED shit, they do this sort of thing well.
>>
>>31964557

Wait a sec.

Poland has no native tank or air industry? Wasn't Poland one of the major supply centers of the Warsaw Pact? What happened?

Something like in Yugoslavia, where most native "complex" industries past small arms where bulldozed by the economies of NATO partners?
>>
>>31965747
>Something like in Yugoslavia, where most native "complex" industries past small arms where bulldozed by the economies of NATO partners?
Yup, the West simply took over and payed for commie loyalty - we are a colony still just US doesnt care about Poland

Dayly reminder that our 1st president was commie dictator who was oppresing Poles for 50 years

>>31957849
We can't do shit - our military sucks
we don't have ammo for our guns and all of our military industry was sold out to jews - esp in last 8 years

it will be '39 all over again
>>
>>31965862
>who was oppresing Poles for 50 years
I mean he was a commie traitor helping soviets oppresing Poles - he took power only for last few years
>>
>>31960753
Cringe.
>>
File: fishing pole.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>31958260
>And things haven't gone better since then.
>>
>>31965256
>reporter is a hipster nu-male who thinks a defensive force is 'dangerous'

Nah, VICE is shit as usual.
>>
File: 1478868978572.jpg (702KB, 980x569px) Image search: [Google]
1478868978572.jpg
702KB, 980x569px
Anyone know what gun it is?
>>
>>31957849
This tank is made for polish lolis tank forces
>>
>>31965952
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_MSBS

On pic you posted is a version for "ceremonial purposes"

Fun fact: the magazines are Israel made copies of standard M4 mags
>>
>>31965862
This guy gets it. Don't worry, Russia just wants the Baltic states, Belorussia and Ukraine. I'm pretty sure it'll let Poland keep its independence.
>>
File: conceal dont feel.jpg (103KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
conceal dont feel.jpg
103KB, 500x271px
>>31964797
>You will never command your own JAG 2 style squad of operators
>>
>>31966714
>Don't worry, Russia just wants the Baltic states, Belorussia and Ukraine.

Yeah, and they're not going to get them.
>>
>>31966757
And what's going to stop them? Trump's America won't stand by them (definitely not by Ukraine, which is shitting its pants right now) and Europe will do the exact same thing they did in 1939 - they'll put hands over their ears and close their eyes. Sad but true. Nobody will come to Baltic states aid. Europe is more fractured and unstable than at any time period since 1945. Britain wants nothing to do with it, Italy or France could be next. Germany is so cucked it can't do anything at all. The rest are a joke. Serbia will annex the Balkans under Russian Imperial protectorate. It's all ogre now.
>>
>>31960745
The idea is though, is that by the time they're done "winning" in poland, they then have to deal with getting past germany, and no doubt that means beating the French and Bongs
Russia is a speeding flaming car, it might fly over some of the speedbumps, but eventually the bollards will mangle the vehicle, and it will simply crash against the brick wall that is the USA if they somehow manage to beat all the shitter NATO forces
>>
>>31966934
But it won't go for Germany, or France. A dream of every Russian nationalist are borders of 1913.
>>
File: polish roulette.jpg (24KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
polish roulette.jpg
24KB, 500x291px
Poland is irrelevant.

>wiki
>wiki
>wiki
Polacks trying hard to 'educate' plebs.
Laughable
>>
>>31966955
Oh I know, just talking in hypothetical cold war terms as we do
Even so the point remains about most euro countries being speedbumps for the more militarily developed ones, who are in turn another speedbump until the US gets into gear
>>
Our army sucks, we have no guns and nobody cares.
But holy shit, I assure you, the only way to truly defeat Poland would be genocide. We will literally bumrush your fucking shity T-10s with goddamn paintball guns if we would need to. Any Pole dumb enough to still stay in the country is already conditioned that the crowning moment of his life is dying trying to fight off fucking Russkies, Germans, Muslims or whoever in defense of his country.
>>
>>31957849
>a conventional war with Russian Federation
Just like Russians used to do war in a conventional way
>>
>>31966976
>Russian
A disgusting weapon copied from superior designs, needlessly complex with a trigger so awful that it truly baffles the mind in a cartridge so niche that it has never been used since.

>Polish
A true work of art that will always function, with design cues of East and West produced in limited numbers, and highly valued world wide, and considered to be one of the best handguns of all time.

Truly, a metaphor for two nations.
>>
File: 1450771250379.png (391KB, 443x391px) Image search: [Google]
1450771250379.png
391KB, 443x391px
>>31967584
>>got raped by both sides
>>
>>31967584
>highly valued world wide, and considered to be one of the best handguns of all time
By Polacks.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>31957849
2kawaii4me
>>
>>31964786
obligatory
>is that a famas
>>
>>31966714
Except we not. Well, if you make a theoretical situation when EU comes and says "take everything you want for free", then maybe Belorussia, ground route to Crimea and ground route to Kaliningrad. Everything else is poor depressive shitholes on EU welfare, and we don't want to become their sponsor instead.
Afaik there is even no plan to actually invade Baltic states in case of hot war with NATO, only blast all military objects with tactical nukes and block borders. They are worthless.
>>
>>31967714
>poor depressive shitholes on EU welfare

That is just absolutely rich coming from a Russian.
>>
>>31967792
>instant butthurt
I like that.
>>
>>31957849
That is one adorable tank.
>>
File: 1339857942182.png (75KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1339857942182.png
75KB, 200x200px
>>31967815
>butthurt

Naw, I come from a country that absolutely shits on Russia in every relevant aspect of life (although that's not really a great achievement, considering there are countries in fucking Africa that beat Russia in quality of life), so I'm just having a hearty kek at a Russian calling anything westwards a "depressive shithole."
But if it makes you less suicidal, you can pretend I'm buttmad, familia. :^)
>>
>>31967882
>baltics
>shits
ok
>>
>>31967916

Nah, not Baltics. But you know the good part? Even Baltics... damn, even the hellhole that is the Balkans, suck considerably less than Russia to live in.
>>
File: polishteenhardcore.png (485KB, 600x3440px) Image search: [Google]
polishteenhardcore.png
485KB, 600x3440px
>>31967611
>>
>>31957884
Seems fantastic for this new urban warfare, one to a squad would also make some sweet portable cover
>>
Op reeks of "I'm polish and I want you to shit on my country as I wax my carrot while reading". In other words, a national polish fetish
>>
>>31968336
Or
>I'm polish and I want you to notice my country
either way
>>31966976
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.