[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

partisan air rifle/ homemade weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: partisan air gun.jpg (8KB, 600x156px) Image search: [Google]
partisan air gun.jpg
8KB, 600x156px
i need to defend my self dont have access to guns k pls halp
>>
Two words: slam fire.
>>
>>31956539
It's slam-bang

>>31954747
Search for Caselman Air Machine Gun

Beware: It requires machining skills, although I believe someone has made it with basic power tools.
>>
File: semiAuto-vs-Revolver.jpg (10KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
semiAuto-vs-Revolver.jpg
10KB, 300x182px
If you were doing a homemade semi-auto or revolver, assuming the frame, barrel, and anything getting direct recoil impact was made from steel, would other parts be okay to cast out of aluminium?

Just thinking, for semi-auto:
> slide, trigger stuff, magazine (except springs)
for revolver:
>cylinder, trigger stuff

Because you could make something that looks pretty nice by casting aluminium, which would be easy to do for a garage gunsmith.

Like for a revolver cylinder, you could have steel inserts and steel faceplates that essentially wrap around the aluminium cylinder, and you could have aluminium fixtures that screw into a basic steel frame to get around the fact that you can't really make all those complex shapes at home, especially without a mill, welder, lathe, etc.
>>
>>31956713
You are literally retarded. Please make an aluminum cylindered revolver and blow your hand off. Please do this.
>>
>>31956742
Thanks for the constructive feedback.

If the aluminium isn't directly receiving the force, but there's a steel buffer between it and the explosive pressure/force, wouldn't that suffice?

That's what and why I'm asking, you faggot.
>>
>>31956713
>for revolver:
>cylinder, trigger stuff

Revolvers are a great deal more complicated than semi autos, you demented fuck.
>>
>>31956886
That has nothing to do with the premise of the question.
>>
>>31956539
>slam fire
newfags these days

>>31956628
did you see any balistic performance for the caselman?
it looks pretty neat, but smashing two by fours isn't the same as a serious balistic test

>>31956713
I think you'd find with a gun that's mostly steel, it wouldn't be worth a great deal ally-casting other parts

but your trigger group, slide?
well you have a few issues
a lot of these parts are weighted to compensate recoil, to assist the cycling of the weapon (like your slide)
and aluminum is very weak, allowing for failure in your parts

there are a few parts you could, but probably negligible advantage at that stage

for a .22 you could get away with MILLING aluminum parts for a grip, peripheral stuff like that

the weakness in aluminum is manifold
it's soft, so moving parts wear out, there is more friction
they can't handle the pressure of a round being fired, so even if you used a layer of steel supported by aluminum it wouldn't work

>>31956886
get out you know-nothing sperg
>>
>>31957045
Yeah, I also understand that casting generally will produce the weakest structure compared with milling or stamping, but looking at some of the complex shapes that go into professional guns (AR-15 lowers being the most commonly posted on 4chan), there's no way you could build something at home that's even approaching those sorts of shapes and complexities without casting.

Some alloys of aluminium can approach lower-end steel strengths, I don't know the relationship between, eg. yield strength and melting point, but I assume those would start to become impractical to use in a homemade foundry, because the heat required to cast would probably also be similar to lower-end steel.

Apparently you can pull apart an old microwave to make into a plasma arc foundry, not sure how much I want to kill myself, but that might be a route to casting higher strength stuff.

It's really all theoretical for me at this stage, I'm still just trying to find a cheap second-hand drill press near me.

Plus, there's all the experimentation and learning techniques and shit before I could ever even start a project like I'm thinking.
>>
>>31957175
>>31957175
some ally's are fairly strong, but somehow I doubt that those are the types that can be cast with a nigger-rigged forge

I think it would be much easier to make parts by milling or stamping, but that's just me
it takes equipment (or a fuck ton of patience), but you end up with a quality product
after all the effort would you really be happy with ally parts that broke for some reason

if you don't have the skills to make precision cuts in steel, could you really get more precision in a cast?

I would also be concerned about structural weakness in a cast part, I'm no expert but I've read up on casting for art and it's a tricky business getting a product that is free of defects

I'm a know-nothing faggot, but if it was me I'd start by owning a gun first
then getting some metal templates for revolver parts and hand cutting them
then buying the barrel and springs
if you can manage that then maybe try hand fluting a barrel, or making something more advanced
>>
Considering what you've said so far I think actual weapon building is over your head. I suggest getting an Orion flare gun (which if you don't know can fit 12 gauge shells) and then buy a 12 gauge to .22 converter. Just make sure to sand or use a something to get rid of the groove in the middle of the inside of the barrel. Also make sure to use simerhing to glue the .22 converter down.
>>
>>31954747
Get a long stick and sharpen it. Get a thicker shorter stick, wrap some tape around an end for a handle (extra credit add a lanyard). Get a small bucket and fill it with fist sized rocks, keep a few in tactical locations around home.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.