[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you own a gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

Why do you own Guns?

(No Bullshit) (No Judgement)
> I own a M27 because My fellow man doesn't and will never have my best interest at heart.
>>
>>31953052
because its my constitutional right and i really like guns.
>>
>>31953052
Because I can.
>>
File: lee and the enfields world tour.jpg (169KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
lee and the enfields world tour.jpg
169KB, 1280x851px
Because they're fun and cool
>>
>>31953052
Because I can and it's one of the few hobbies I still enjoy, even though it costs a lot of money for a poor college kid like me.
>>
1. I like things that go BANG
2. Cuz lots of people don't want me to own guns
3. Incase some fool tries to kill me, my family, or my friends.
>>
>Why do you own Guns?
First, foremost and forever is because i like them.
I also like owning one of the most efficient tools for self defense.

last but not least, pigs and coyotes aint gonna shoot themselves
>>
>>31953052
because California is trying to secede and I want to be a loyalist.
>>
>>31953101
Can't wait for the inclusive lgbt regiment to be obliterated by drones.
>>
>>31953052
I want it and and if I need it then I'll have it.
>>
>>31953101
All the Evil on this spinning Rock and your worried about Some fucking Greedy Dumbasses with fake title's
>>
>>31953052
I live in Chicago so my parents bought me a handgun and put in my car, hope ill never need to use it but id be lying if I didn't feel safe with it.
>>
>>31953052
>American preserving freedom and liberty
>with a slavshit gun
How unpatriotic, and kinda stupid in my opinion.
>>
>>31953118
me too
>>
I own a glock 19 gen 4 because I spend a lot of time in the hood in new orleans. No joke
>>
File: 1478223264228.jpg (474KB, 2500x1673px) Image search: [Google]
1478223264228.jpg
474KB, 2500x1673px
>>31953052
>We legally can (a fundamental right that the rest of the world does not have)
>They are fun
>I might need to use one someday
>>
>>31953136
>glock 19 gen 4
my nigga
>>
>>31953052
My pistols are for personal defense outside of home. My shotgun is for hunting. My AR is for home defense. The rest (AKs, milsurp, battle rifles etc.) I own because I like them and I can.
>>
>>31953052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XurNebwJ0

As much explanation as you could ever need.
Show it to your liberal frenemies
>>
>>31953052
I own an AK because I think they're neat.

I own a .30-06 to kill deers elks and bears with

I own a Hi-Power because until yesterday I felt like this country was turning on people like me and wanted the protection. Also because John Browning gives me a boner.
>>
>>31953101
>some normies on facebook want california to secede
>treating it like it actually has any chance of happening
>>
>>31953052
Ive just been drawn to then and fascinated by them since I was a kiddo. I'm not completely sure why either since both my parents have been nogunz until just a couple years ago. Maybe it has to do with playing Goldeneye.
>>
File: 20161108_220112.jpg (2MB, 1262x2618px) Image search: [Google]
20161108_220112.jpg
2MB, 1262x2618px
I won't elaborate on all guns since it's been stated already, but I own an AR15 because the bad guys do, whomever that might be. I don't have any other rifles because I'm saving for an ATPIAL-C.
>>
>>31953175
It'd be utterly absurd. California is entirely dependent on other states to survive, they don't produce their own water or power.
>>
>>31953052

>Its my DUTY as a citizen of the united states to be ready to defend my country from all enemies foreign and domestic
>A handgun is the pinnacle of personal defense technology to date
>A (Insert your preferred HD firearm here) is the pinnacle of home defense
>Competition shooting as fun as fuck
>Range day is fun as fuck
>I can feed myself, wife kids and even neighbors with the days hunt all for 1.40$
>Because Criminals dont obey the law
>100 times easier to get my cut from tyrone when he says "Nah bro we aint gone thru it all yet" and i KNOW for a fact hes lying
>>
File: beautiful browning hi power.jpg (88KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful browning hi power.jpg
88KB, 500x315px
>>31953163
And it's Indiana Jones' backup gun. Don't forget that.
>>
>>31953052

NONE OF YOUR DAM BUSINESS! AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I FREE TO GO? I AM A FREEMAN OF THE LAND AND A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN!
>>
Hunting mainly, I'm a fudd.

However I concede that guns are great and should not be restricted to only hunting, like a lot of my fudd brethren. If you wanna take your SKS innawoods and cycle through 100s of rounds, I fully support that, and our 2nd Amendment does too.
>>
OP here, I'm not attacking anyone I'm just posting some of the most common liberal questions. So don't start Spaming the thread.
>>
File: 1446183175628.jpg (20KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446183175628.jpg
20KB, 480x640px
>>31953052
>implying it's any of your goddamn business
>implying you can infringe upon my rights
>implying i'm being detained
>>
Because its fun and it's a great thing to have just incase
>>
File: 1432819724718.jpg (66KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1432819724718.jpg
66KB, 500x485px
>>31953052
>tfw I carry a 10mm because when shtf I have to close the distance.
>>
>>31953312
If the government does try to confiscate all guns House by house how will you be able to stop them?
P.s sorry english is so bad
>>
File: Bullets.jpg (332KB, 2120x1469px) Image search: [Google]
Bullets.jpg
332KB, 2120x1469px
>>31953052
Because I love collecting, shooting them, and seeing what different bullets do downrange on different targets. Collecting is probably #1 overall.
>>
File: bbgun.jpg (95KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
bbgun.jpg
95KB, 630x420px
>>31953052
Guns have always been around.
BB guns, air rifles, .22, etc.
Always had access to Dad's guns.
Received them as gifts on birthdays and holidays.
>>
>>31953430
Is that you qt? Asking for a friend..
>>
>>31953455
Circa 1992. I learned all about marksmanship and sodomy that rainy weekend.
>>
>>31953501
Was asking for friend
>>
>>31953052
Because my pants are too big when I'm not wearing one
>>
>>31953497
Elaborate on sodomy with another pic? My friend keeps asking
>>
>>31953052
because I wanted to, despite being poor. all I have right now are 2 10/22s and half an AR, but fuck you, I wanted them.
>>
>>31953052
>This one is for
Fuck off, they're for whatever I damn well please.
>>
>>31953598
Not owning a Tacticool 1911
>>
>>31953052

Because a relative had a Yugo Mauser and wanted to give it to a family member instead of selling it off, and I was the first one to volunteer to take it. Now I'm saving up to invest in other guns.
>>
>>31953622
1911 is on my list, right after I finish the AR
>>
>>31953052
>Why do you own Guns?

to kill those who want to hurt me.
>>
>>31953202

Not to go on a tangent or anything, but the reason so many large cities are hardcore Democrat is because of just that, they depend on outside sources to survive. They need our power, our water, our crops, they can't sustain themselves at all. And the people in them depend on programs, annuities, and funding. The city is an easy place for a loafer to get by.
>>
>>31953052
Pretty much the same reason as you, OP. Pretty much the same reason I didn't vote.

You're responsible for your own, anons.
>>
>>31953052
I find them really fun
I am a NJ cuck so its hard to think about using them in self defense (moving to PA t minus 1 month)
Werk
>>
File: DSCN0238.jpg (976KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0238.jpg
976KB, 2272x1704px
>>31953052
because the world is a dangerous place & everyone should be free to use any resources at their disposal to keep themselves & their communities well...
guns are fun too
>>
1. Ar15 because they keep saying it shouldn't be on the streets

2. AK clone because I wanted it

3. Sten MkII because fuck your universal background checks I can/did make it out of my own labor a parts kit and determination.
>>
>>31953391

Would be a really bad idea. All chest pounding about resistance aside, some people would definitely do that.

How many would? Can you tell them apart? Is the neighborhood you're getting started in about to become the wild west?

Not only that, but once word got out about it happening in a couple areas everyone else is gonna run for the hills or run for a place to hide them. So once they start, nearly all the other guns legally owned are gonna vanish. Sure, some will give them up, but a lot will boat accident them.

There's no way the police or government has the resources to search for all those missing guns, and they sure as hell don't have the space to hold that number of people for disobeying the law. And they also really REALLY can't afford the level of public outcry that would happen.

>tl;dr: too many guns, not enough time
>>
>>31953831
>There's no way the police or government has the resources...

Ask the Britbongs how they lost their guns. Sure, it would be more difficult and would not be as effective, but the ame measures would work in the US and over the years, people would loose their guns.
>>
>>31953870

Britain is a fraction the size of the US, we have a lot of places to hide things, a lot of space to hide it, and a lot of guns to hide. There's no way they could even if they used up every dime they had on batteries for metal detectors.
>>
File: 1050565.gif (830KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1050565.gif
830KB, 480x360px
>>31953052
>>
>>31953052

it's fun

aside from the grace of God the best security you could ever ask for is the one you hold in your hand

historical significance is interesting
>>
>>31953056
/thread
>>
>>31953906
>Britain is a fraction the size of the US, we have a lot of places to hide things, a lot of space to hide it, and a lot of guns to hide. There's no way they could even if they used up every dime they had on batteries for metal detectors.

Ask Australia too then. Also, riddle me why they have been training dogs to find guns and ammo in recent years too? But ok, now that Trump is eleted, lean back and forget about the 2ndA, you deserve a break! Don't even think about the elections down the pipe....
>>
>>31953946

Australia gave them up, and the ones that didn't were railroaded into it by everyone having a change of heart. Their gun culture, and Britain's, is nowhere near as deep and ingrained as it is in the us.

I don't know if you're playing devil's advocate, entertaining a debate, or trying to get me to ask you what you think I should do. It seems like the last one though, so what do you think I should do?
>>
>>31953175
That's what they said about Trump before the nomination
>>
File: extended_clip.jpg (142KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
extended_clip.jpg
142KB, 640x426px
>>31953052
>Why do you own Guns?

It is a technological enhancement to my own physical abilities; it's like having a superpower.
>>
>>31953946
>austraila
They had a 20% return rate from their buybacks. they also didn't go door to door, neither did the britbongs.

It's clear people didn't comply.
>>
It's because I can.

I don't agree with most of /k/ about this election, but what makes America as an ideal is that we can disagree and agree on different things but still be one nation.
>>
>>31953056
Fpbp and this
>>
Broke up with my gf on sunday because we got into an argument about guns. She kept on giving me that "why do you need" bullshit. Also she could not justify the regulations placed upon firearms in California, she was utterly ignorant about it. She is a huge shillary fan too to top it off. I just couldnt go on any longer. Had to break up with that bitch.

Feeling a little lonely at the moment but feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
>>31953073
This.
>>
>>31953202
Not that I support Calexit, but that's only half the story. We supply a huge percentage of the nation's food and a major share of our taxes are redistributed to other states, close to half in some years.

>>31953709
Again, only a small part of the story. Cities used to be centers of manufacturing, and that meant unions. Pretty much everybody who's been here for a couple of generations has a father or grandfather who was a union worker. I know some unions have become pretty bad these days, but they used to be a damn good thing, especially if you go back to the 19th and early 20th centuries.

It's also a lot harder to buy into race politics when you've lived in a big diverse city your whole life and been exposed to people of other races and creeds since childhood. The places with the most homogeneous populations tend to be the places where racism is most common for a reason.
>>
>>31954805
The most homogenous places tend to be the most peaceful with high social trust.most diverse societies fracture along tribal lines and decay until war breaks out. You sound like you're a shill for the "diversity is good" crowd and let's all race mix and globalize because muh utopia. You're the problem.
>>
>>31953052
I don't own guns because it's an expensive hobby
>>
>>31953052
Milsurp because I think functioning historical firearms are fucking cool, handguns because cool and self/home defense, and an AR because I'm an American so I should have an American rifle.

tl;dr
>Muh rights
>muh self/home defense
>muh collection
>>
>>31953179
Pretty sure Goldeneye is the reason I started building an AK, I love that game.
>>
>>31953052
It was either guns or heroin, and I can resell used guns.
>>
>>31953175

We should let them.

We'd never have a Democratic president after,.
>>
Because I'm a faggot and if I get attacked in the street for sucking cock then they'll be sucking on the business end of a S&W.
>>
Because there are people who tell me i shouldn't, and i cant see a reason why my owning a gun would effect them unless they have bad intentions.
>>
>>31953052
Because I want to hunt and they're fun. Now if only Canada could uncuck its "restricted" class.
>>
>>31953073

This will be my reason once my licence is approved. We don't have niggers looting homes in my country, I don't know anyone who has ever had a break in or been in a violent or dangerous situation that required a gun, but guns are fucking cool and I want to start a gun collection
>>
>>31953134

This the most widespread gun on the planet, by a massive margin. It has either 12 or 14 parts to it, and is extremely reliable.

Last time I checked the area 15 was made of plastic
>>
>>31953143
>We legally can (a fundamental right that the rest of the world does not have)

Lots of countries allow their citizens to own guns. Just not all countries are as excited about guns as americans
>>
>>31955618
And few if any of them sees guns as a right. it is seen as a privilege.
>>
>>31953056
this

i like shooting stuff
i like the history of firearms
i like the mechanics of firearms
i like the aesthetics of firearms
it also gives me an erection when i shoot brand new firearms
>>
File: watermelon-vs-50-cal-o.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon-vs-50-cal-o.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>31953052
because I fucking love to shoot watermelons
>>
>>31953211
good to see you're still around Phil!
>>
1) Because guns are fun
2) I've never felt safe ever since my brother tried to stab me over a lost TV remote when I was a child.
>>
>>31953052
because it makes my cock hard
>>
Because I feel safer knowing i have a rifle under my bed, fucking lizard bureaucrats
>>
>>31953134
>Preserving your life and liberty with the weapons of fallen enemies who previously threatened your life and liberty
There is literally nothing more American, except maybe making them sell that weapon to you first.
>>
>>31953101
Fucking let them. They're actually leeches.

Not even in the 'lol liberal parasites' sense, but in the 'we're entirely dependent on the rest of the country to exist, let alone function' sense. Yeah they're a big chunk of the GDP, but that'd disappear as soon as they leave and we start treating them accordingly. And all the shit we give them would get directed elsewhere.

ps
>STOP GROWING ORANGES IN THE DESERT GOD DAMN IT
>>
File: Phil the Horsefucker.png (408KB, 954x662px) Image search: [Google]
Phil the Horsefucker.png
408KB, 954x662px
>>31953211
Go back to mlp horsefucker

Or pol
Or x
Or literally any of the dozen threads that have run you off
Or his like you tried last month, before they ran you off back here.
>>
>>31953430
Fucking TD
>>
Yurop here
I got guns mainly because I want too, and more lately because of all peaceful refugees enriching people.
I also go to competitions because I enjoy it.
>>
>>31955618
In America it is a right. Just as legally important as the right to a fair trial
>>
Because people tell me I shouldn't
>>
>>31955411
Because maybe you might have bad intentions. We are all "they" to everyone else. That's why I support myself owning guns.
>>
>>31953052
Own M9 because i need to increase my chances of survival.

One day I'll own a rifle.
>>
>>31953134
Didn't old-man Kalashnikov say that he wanted to make a gun for the people?
>>
>>31957782
Yeah.

Ironically unlike Stoner who wanted the AR to only be for the military.
>>
>>31958022
>Stoner didn't want AR in civilian hands
Wasn't that a miss-quote? IIRC the real quote was that he didn't think civilians would buy it.
>>
>>31953134
>This gun was made by people I don't like
>Don't use it, I don't like it, also your intentions must be the same as those who built it because you're using it

What a massive faggot, please kill yourself.
>>
>>31953052
>shotgun for home defense

when will this shit meme die?
>>
>>31956032
>>31958129
Unless you're stockpiling 7.62x39, or know where to readily get some stateside wouldn't it make more sense to use a weapon that fires 5.56 the most common round used by your enemies? Even better if it accepts the same magazines.
>>
>>31955142
It sounds like you want a shack up in the mountains with a "No brown people allowed" sign hung up.

I mean that's your right to do as an American but today's world is globalized. The monetary benefits of being exposed to other cultures is just too high, why else did Trump use illegal mexican workers and use Chinese steel? It was cheap and he made money. Like it or not, it's only going to get more diverse, but if you're alright with a shack in the woods that's your perogative.
>>
Because they're cool and fun and people are inherently shitty creatures that will always try to fuck one another over.
>>
>>31958154
I'm sorry, is there a single kommando that *doesn't* stockpile ammo?

Also Implying
>reloading isn't a thing
or
>Outside aid
or
>Killing Russians for it

Or
>just using it to kill someone with a 5.56 gun and ammo

Come on anon
>>
I like weapons.
>>
I like guns. I live next to russia. The immigrant level is rising.
>>
>>31953052

I like guns.
>>
>>31953056
>constitutional right
It's a God-given right that the constitution guarantees and recognizes, in the constitution's own words
Very minor-seeming distinction but very important, as rights are not given by any government document, they're inherent

But yeah that's the only reason you need
>>
>>31958734
>The immigrant level is rising.
Muslims or Russians?
>>
>>31958779
Muslims. They come from Sweden. Fucking swedes sending their sandniggers here.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.