[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think we can get those M 1s from Korea now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: NSM1-600.jpg (28KB, 600x140px) Image search: [Google]
NSM1-600.jpg
28KB, 600x140px
Do you guys think we can get those M 1s from Korea now?
>>
>>31949132
I hope so.
>>
>>31949132
Very plausible. Only reason those Garand and Carbines couldn't come back was because of Obama, and he was only able to stop that via executive order.

Since all his bullshit is going into the trash, we might be able to see BOTH Garand and Carbines come back home.
>>
>>31949132
i think we have a lot of great things to look forward to...start saving up your money guys. just gotta be patient now, might be a couple of years still before anything like that happens

on the plus side, ammo prices will plummet and so will gun prices in general
>>
>>31949132
I hope so.

Let the Autonuggets flow in too.
>>
Pls lift norinco ban Trump

I want cheap chinkshit
>>
>>31949132
They better.

My erection would be so huge that it'd probably kill me if we could get cheap Garands without having to go through CMP bullshit.
>>
He could overturn Obama's EO on day one.
>>
>>31950026
would probably be bad publicity if he did...im sure he will have more "important" issues to start dealing with. unless he did some kind of across the board repeal of all EO's of obama
>>
>>31950236
He's already said that's exactly what he's going to do. On his first day.
>>
>>31949958
Do executive orders have a shelf life? Or must they be undone by a future law or order?
>>
>>31949132
They aren't being imported because they can't be imported, they aren't being imported because the Koreans want a lot of money for them and they're all mostly worn out rifles with very little value.

And no, the CMP cannot get them because the CMP just gets rifles owned by the US Army and the Koreans own these rifles.

Also, the reason why they couldn't be imported before was the fact that the law for rifles GIVEN (not lent) to nations said that the rifles cannot be returned to the US without authorization.
>>
For those who want more info.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/m1-rifle-antique-south-korea-import/

fingers crossed. hopefully they can all be sold through the CMP.

$300 american made m1 carbines and $450 m1 garands incoming.
>>
File: IMG_0022.png (111KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.png
111KB, 417x234px
>>31950329
Stop I can only get so erect
>>
>>31950317
century arms said they will buy them all and sell them.
>>
>>31950255
>Do executive orders have a shelf life?
Of course not. Nothing in government has a sunset clause unless it is specifically baked in. Why do you think our legal and tax codes are such incomprehensible messes?
>>
>>31950329
>hopefully they can all be sold through the CMP.
As I said above, they cannot. The guns the CMP sells were all given out under lend-lease and that means that the US Army still owns all of those guns. Foreign powers also got weapons from the US by either buying them or the US just giving them away for free. That's what the Korean guns are as the CMP has already received the US Army owned guns from Korea.
>>31950335
They'll have to be pretty cheap though. The ones that came from Korea in the 1980s were in such horrible condition. Most you could drop a bullet down the barrel all the way.
>>
>>31950329
glorious. one can hope.
>>
>>31950429
shame. maybe there will be different grades in the batch. there are nearly a million of them. even if only half are shootable, that's still a lot.

the supply has almost dried up stateside. it needs to be revitalized somehow. i think a lot of people would like a platform to work on if they can pick them up for pennies even if the barrels are shot out.

that could even be an industry in and of itself. if so many of the guns have bad barrels, a 3rd party company could make new barrels and sell them to the consumer.

whatever condition these relics are in. it would be nice to have them home.
>>
>>31950329
I hate to burst this particular bubble but you realize most all of those rifles are going to be categorized in Beat-to-Shit Grade.
>>
>>31950497
Aren't there people who refurbish Garands and new barrels available?
>>
>>31950329
why would a carbine be less than a garand?
even if they're imported i doubt either will sell off less than 600 dollars
>>
>>31950474
The Koreans no doubt dumped the worst of the worst in the 1980s, so there is probably some better ones in there, but most will still be shit. The Koreans even used out of spec rejected USGI barrels for some of their M1 carbines. They're all bottom tier.

And desu, the CMP still has a lot of M1s left. It's just that the demand of them outpaces the supply of ones graded and assembled.
>>
File: f83.png (93KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
f83.png
93KB, 200x230px
>>31950525
>mfw .308 barrels for an M1 is around $250
Alternatively
>CMP charges $500 to do tanker conversions, add parts and barrel change labor
>$1500ish tanker garand in .308
>>
>>31950497
I wouldnt mind a beat to shit m1/carbine so long as the receiver is solid. Parts are replaceable for a reason. It'd fill my ww2 3 gun intensions perfectly. Wont have to worry about dinging up a pretty rifle if it came well worn.
>>
>>31950719
I just learned that .308 tanker garands are already $1500 on gunbroker, hold me back lads.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.