[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ak74 safety wont safety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ak74.png (149KB, 580x348px) Image search: [Google]
ak74.png
149KB, 580x348px
Hey /k/ i just recently got my hands on a ak74, everything looked fined when i unboxed it, taking the safety off and dust cover off and everything. All smooth, but then i noticed when i went to put the safety back on it wouldnt budge. Any solutions? It seems like its snugged on something inside or the safety is way too tight
>>
>>31941977
Sure you're just not being a little bitch about it?
>>
>>31941977
Pictures faggot
>>
>>31941984
i mean any more physical strength on pulling it up im pretty sure im gonna break something
>>
>>31941977
Pull the dust cover off, remove the long spring thing, then pull out the bolt. Check if the safety is contacting the rear of the trigger when you try to pull up on the lever. If so, you'll just need to grind some of the material off of the safety. Definitely don't overdo this, you want as little clearance as possible. If you take off too much you can run the risk of rendering your safety useless because it allows the trigger to disengage the sear, if that's even the right word.
>>
>>31941977
Push it harder. Srsly, mine is hard as fuck
>>
File: IMAG0108.jpg (1MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0108.jpg
1MB, 1824x3264px
Strip it, show us the inside.

Here is mine, safety on.
>>
>>31942865
That's a fantastic picture of the hammer
>>
>>31942882
oh geez, my phone is garbage. let me see if i cant do better for you.
>>
File: 1478656270615 (1024x572).jpg (353KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
1478656270615 (1024x572).jpg
353KB, 1024x572px
>>31942882
>>
>>31942971
that red circled piece is really all the safety does.
it is a piece of metal that blocks the trigger from allowing the hammer to fall.
you push it down, the metal is moved, the trigger is pulled, the spring-loaded hammer is released, and the cartridge is fired.
look at that, and tell me if there are any obtrusion on or next to it anywhere along it that would make it difficult to move.
sometimes it is just difficult.
>>
>>31942097
This guy knows what he's talking about. Pulling the trigger while moving the selector also works (obviously, don't do this when a round is chambered though).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.