[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone make a suppressor on a form-1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (37KB, 661x443px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 661x443px
Anyone make a suppressor on a form-1?
>>
>>31941700
Why? There's no point to do so. A homemade suppressor is far less likely to last very long than one professionally made and bought on a From 4.

It's a waste of $200
>>
>>31942341
A Form 4 suppressor is a waste of thousands of dollars on something any idiot could make for $10.

A homemade suppressor can and often will last far longer than any """"professional"""" made suppressor, since it can be designed to be user servicable (a """feature""" you pay premium bucks for in the form 4 world) and can be made out of anything you want.

Buying a Form 4 suppressor is like walking around Detroit with a sign that says "I will give you free money if you shoot me" and then allowing yourself to be shot and giving away thousands of dollars in cash. It's incredibly stupid, pointless, and not something you want to do.
>>
I'm planning on it.

I'm in the process of designing one now. The biggest difficulty will be finding a machine shop that will let me use it to make the parts. As far as I know I have to make them myself, I can't just pay a shop to do it for me.

That being said I work for an FFL that has a manufacturing plant, so I may be able to convince the owner to let me use it to make one for myself.
>>
>>31942828
Thanks

What I mean is you need the form to make it but what can you get the form for if you haven't made it yet, know what I mean?
Do you serialize it?
>>
>>31942341
It'll be for a fixed barrel gun,ar pistol of I make it.
>>
File: bb8101_1.jpg (97KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bb8101_1.jpg
97KB, 1200x1200px
>>31944842
Not him, but what would I fill out if I wanted to make one of these?
>>
>>31945164
Two Form 1s. One for the silencer and one for an SBR, unless you permanently attach the can to the receiver/barrel or design it with the barrel still 16" with the silencer removed.
>>
>>31942341
>Why?
Why not?
Just because you can't do it doesn't mean you should shit on everyone else.

Fun, educational, and if wasting $200 would create a financial hardship, you're already fuckt.
>>
>>31944842
It is simple. There is no chicken v egg. You get the stamp BEFORE you make a single piece of a silencer.

Yes, it has to be marked with maker, location,, serial number, and caliber. Those you decide on before you submit the form.
>>
>>31945164
holy shit what is that?
>>
>>31946939
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine
>>
>>31945164
>>31946960
Special Interest Arms used to make repros of them but apparently ran out of parts.

They do now make the same basic concept using a new Rock Island Armory model rifle, though. If the hearing protection act ever gets out of congress I would buy one without a second thought.
>>
>>31946976
The main question is:
What was the source gun model and Mark?
>>
>>31945164
so IMA had some Mark IIIs chopped up, and tossed together with a handful of fake, probably chicom, parts and charges $1500 for a non-firing display piece?

Nice.
>>
>>31941700
I did one b4 new rules. Bought a titainum mag light tube for 80$ and solid aluminum cylinder for 8$. When the form comes in I am going to use my lathe and cnc mill to make a 9mm monocore supressor.
>>
With a new government, how likely would it be that the Hearing Protection Act passes? I think it probably will be.
>>
>>31941700
Yeah, I'm waiting for the approval, I submitted it in early July.
>>
File: DL-01.jpg (39KB, 549x430px) Image search: [Google]
DL-01.jpg
39KB, 549x430px
>>31948432
Bump for answer?
>>
>>31948432
The De Lisle Carbine
Lee-Enfield Mk III converted to fire .45 with a Thompson barrel and accept 1911 mags
>>
>>31951539
Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31942341
Lol. Cocksure faggot has literally zero idea what he is talking about.
Go KYS kid, form 1 cans are every bit as good as form 4 as long as you're not one of the morons making freeze plug cans.
>>
>>31951539
They don't take 1911 mags
They take s similar 10 round custom magazine. 1911 magazine could modified to work if needed
>>
Where can I find a guide on the best way to do this? I'd love to get a solvent trap and form 1 it but I have no idea how.
>>
>>31953607
Google.
Seriously, at least TRY.
>>
File: 1446882421525.jpg (582KB, 600x3282px) Image search: [Google]
1446882421525.jpg
582KB, 600x3282px
For poorfags.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.