[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this gun a meme? I like how it looks but its .5 AR10 in price.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (96KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
96KB, 500x348px
Is this gun a meme? I like how it looks but its .5 AR10 in price.
>>
>>31941349
I love the stocks on G3s. They're always so surprised.
>>
File: C308_kaboom.jpg (836KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
C308_kaboom.jpg
836KB, 3264x2448px
>>31941356
It's less surprise and more horrified.
>>
Is a PTR A3R worth it over the GI model, considering it's like 300 bucks more? I'm considering one for my next purchase
>>
>>31941349
/k/oncensus is that PTR91 is great, Century is a POS.

unlike most, I'll admit right off I own neither.
>>
>>31941349
You can build a .308 for less money than a ptr
>>
>>31941349
if you like guns that fuck your brass, go for it
>>
File: when_the_blowback_is_just_right.png (415KB, 855x530px) Image search: [Google]
when_the_blowback_is_just_right.png
415KB, 855x530px
>>31941548
The A3R is virtually the same rifle, only with black enamel finish over the parkerizing and black plastic furniture/wide handguard.
>>
>>31941625
Wrong. The biggest difference in the GI and A3R is the A3R has a rail and the old navy style polymer grip.

Also keep in mind that aftermarket wide grips will run you 70-100 bucks, about the same for a decent rail mount. So if you want wide hand guards and a rail on your GI, you end up paying about the same for what the A3R is.

The only real difference between the two is that you can switch out the style of grips on non-A3 series guns, but I think the powder coat finish looks way better than the parkerization. I also wanted an all black rifle, so I bought an A3R, the GIs generally only come with the green furniture now.
>>
>>31941514
>Century
not even once.
>>
>>31941349
Avoid at any price.

I got one for $50(yep $50 no typo). I couldnt wait to sell the unreliable pos.
>>
>>31941890
Who the fuck sold you a PTR for $50? For that price you could have bought all genuine HK made surplus parts to replace everything in and on it and it still would have cost way less then MSRP.
>>
/k
>praises the ptr but hates the the century c308
>doesn't even realize that the new century c308 are made mostly with ptr parts
>looks like total inbred, cockfag gump

I've had a c308 for several years and had zero malfunctions.

Yes it beats up brass. Big fucking woop. Ever heard of a brass tumbler and case trimmer?

Don't be an idiot and pay $500 more for the same gun
>>
I want the collapsible stock for my PTR91. It shoots brass so far forward it is ridiculous.

I bought like 50 mags when they were $1.50 each. They are $3.50-4.00 now, cheap AF still. Stock up!
>>
File: Gumbypic.jpg (653KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gumbypic.jpg
653KB, 640x480px
>>31941356
Looks like gumby to me.
>>
>>31942278
They parts maybe made by ptr but they are not assembled by ptrminstead they are built by century's drunken monkies poorfag.you can have the best parts in the world and it wouldnt matter if it was but together by a retard.
>>
>>31942278

>find brand new Century HK33 copy
>ask to fondle it
>dick is rock hard, holy fuck that's cool
>pull bolt back with charging handle
>feels and sounds like someone threw a handful of sand in the action

Never buy Century unless the only thing they did was put an import mark on it. Even then, they have really bad electro-stenciling. So irritating.
>>
>>31941349
C308 finish is shit, flakes off, and the welds are atrocious. Decent shooter though.
>>
>>31942278
It fucking isn't though.
>>
>>31942278
Except that's fucking wrong. IIRC the only PTR made parts on the C308 are the receiver and barrel. Everything else is worn out old CETME parts Century was able to get on the cheap becasue they were literally junk. And let's not forget Century's biggies problem is not the quality of their parts most of the time, it's the fact that they are shit at putting things together.

So now you not only have retards putting the guns together, you have them doing it with mostly shoddy parts. Yes you do have a chance of getting a good working rifle for very cheap, but only if you are lucky. Fuck, even if 50% of their guns worked flawlessly I still wouldn't take the chance.
>>
What would be a good battle rifle type to build in a workshop, PTR or DPMS? Not looking for a quality precision rifle, rather "Government Issue with some aftermarket benefits".
>>
>>31945998
DPMS-pattern AR-10 by a country mile. G3 pattern rifles are designed for quick mass production, whereas AR-10s lend themselves to much more customization and aftermarket support in addition to assembling as easily as an AR-15.
>>
>>31945998

Just about anything other than a G3-type rifle. You need a press to install the barrel, and it's not exactly easy to fix if you screw it up.
>>
>>31941349
> meme
Yes OP.
The PTR91 is a meme.
A cleverly constructed ruse to fool you. They don't actually exist. Everyone here is a troll and you fell for it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478702696952.jpg (124KB, 1085x735px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478702696952.jpg
124KB, 1085x735px
All I want is an HK93 clone made by PTR...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.