[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illinois nics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: QuickMemo+_2016-11-08-11-10-02.png (3MB, 1440x2405px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-11-08-11-10-02.png
3MB, 1440x2405px
Is a fucking joke. Every rifle I have purchased this year has went over the 72 hr mark. T- 10 hours on this ourchase
>>
Haha

sucks to be you. It takes my FFL two clicks and the time it takes me to fill my 4473 out.
>>
>>31938555

Grats on that folding waffle iron though.
>>
Oregon fag. Here we use the state police. Couldn't be more happy. Auto approval. Chl puts you ahead of people without.

I will probably have to move to Texas so I'm planning to just get my carry licence and buy third party only (legal there). Fuck the fbi. Horror stories like this piss me off. What part of shale not be infringed does the fbi not get? My background check with osp takes like...60 seconds. I had a bg check take 20 minutes but I find it unfucking acceptable people gave to wait long periods of time. Fbi outsources NICs too.
>>
>>31938695
It's the Illinois state police holding us up.....
>>
What kills me is the fact that in order to even own a firearm you have to have a FOID card. Which means you're vetted. In order to have a concealed carry you have to have a concealed carry license, Which means you are Vetted again. You also have to submit to a digital fingerprint. And takes 16 hours of classes, I've been through all of this why can't I just purchase a fucking gun and take it home with me.
>>
>>31938965
Bro, don't you want to save the toddlers?
>>
>>31938555

Bought a gun on saturday, will let you know if it's ready today.

Where do you buy your guns from OP?

Illinois isn't terrible when it comes to guns, no silencers tho.
>>
>>31938965
I'd honestly move. Guns are too important to me to put up with that bullshit.
>>
>>31939326
This particular gun came from outrageous outdoors in Jerseyville. It was bought around 5 pm Saturday and as of the OP ISP still had not cleared. >>31939377
I really do need to gtfo of this blue hell hole.
>>
>>31938965

If you can't fill out 15 minutes of paperwork and wait a few days how responsible are you going to be with a gun?

I get that it's a pain in the ass, but seriously the state doesn't fuck with weapons the way other states do.
>>
>>31939463
The "few days" is the least bad part of it.

Having to have a FOID card, digital fingerprints and 16 hours of classes is the worst part.

Honestly fuck all of that and the 4473 in general. Just buy from armslist like a freeman.
>>
>>31939494

A FOID is good for 10 years. Should only take a month to get, but realistically it's closer to 60 days.

A 16 hour firearm class isn't terrible to have someone walk around armed and fingerprinting a mostly a deterrence for people who don't understand how forensic evidence works. Seriously look up how fingerprint evidence is used in criminal cases.

I hate the psychopass mentality of IL gun laws, but the laws on the books are tame as shit.

Honestly you're so much more likely to be set up by a dirty cop in Chicago because of these laws than anything else.
>>
>>31939550
>A FOID is good for 10 years. Should only take a month to get, but realistically it's closer to 60 days.
So? Move to a free state and you can buy a gun in 10 minutes.

>A 16 hour firearm class isn't terrible to have someone walk around armed
New Hampshire hasn't had anything like that for 100 years and there's not an epidemic of crime there. A class of any length is just infringing on the 2nd amendment right to defend yourself.

>fingerprinting a mostly a deterrence for people who don't understand how forensic evidence works. Seriously look up how fingerprint evidence is used in criminal cases.
I don't care about that, the government shouldn't be collecting people's info like that at all.
>>
Chicago anon here, I buy my guns online and send them to this guy in west Chicago who runs an ffl business out of his house. he says the waiting period starts when I show intent to buy it, so I email him telling him I ordered it, it takes 3+ days to arrive, so I just pick it up when it arrives. the shipping tine counts as the waiting time.
>>
>>31939608

New Hampshire has the population density of my asshole and I literally cannot name a single city in the state.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's apples and oranges in terms of number of people with firearms.

If you have 1 in 10 people in Chicago with CCWs that's 300,000 armed at any point in time, which about the equivalent to the entirety of the army national guard. If you include the chicagoland area, that's 3 million armed people. I'd prefer that they at least know how to chamber a round before tucking it under their coat.

I don't think that the class will change bad behavior from shitheads, but it might instill good gun safety practice on the ignorant.

I'm all for less restrictive gun laws, but there comes a point where you just don't want 1 million shitheads all in one place, armed, with no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>31939845
This. Obligatory (or at least incentivized) firearms training is a good thing.
>>
>>31939845
I didn't realize New Hampshire was so densely populated
>>
>>31939845

Whoops, meant to say 1 million armed people.
>>
File: oh snap.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
oh snap.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>31939874
savage
>>
>>31939874

We are on /k/ after all.
>>
File: 3.jpg (92KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
92KB, 600x900px
WA fag here, no concealed permit. Been fucking waiting since Halloween for my Glock 19. SHIT IS FUCKING TORTURE.
>>
>>31939895

That gif is so well done.
>>
>>31939917
Also from WA, still waiting on my goddamn AR lower that I bought on the 20th. But I think the seller in Arizona is to blame.

Hope you voted for ST3.
>>
>>31938555
Illinois fag here, so I wanted to buy an AR, but would want to get a nice long gun safe for it however gf will freak out and leave me.

What's a good way to safely store longfuns discreetly?
>>
>>31939980
You might be able to buy a hard case online that is shipped to you in a box. My CMP Garand came in a plain brown box that makes for nice discreet storage.

Keeping your girlfriend out of the loop is only going to turn out bad though.
>>
>>31940034
Indeed, she gets upset every time I go shooting, trying to slowly introduce her to guns over time.

I don't have time to condition her to baby killer rifles, so I just need to hide them away for a bit until she gets used to other guns first.
>>
>>31940052
Get one of those rifle cases that look like a guitar case lol
>>
>>31940052
Get a new gf. seriously if this is a big issue for her she's not cool. My gf college got shot up by the supreme gentleman so pretty understandably she's pretty wary of guns in general. but she still supports me in my hobby. if she won't support your hobby even though she doesn't like it, she's just being an asshole. If she took up some dishit hobby you didn't like, you'd still be supportive right?
>>
File: 1467952710449.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467952710449.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>turn 18
>try to get FOID because I thought 18 was the magic number
>apparently still need to have a parent sign off on it and have it notarized for some god damn reason because i'm not 21
>haven't talked to father in 4 years
>mother is always away, I live on my own with a couple roommates

Literally FUCK Illinois, I want out of this shithole so bad
>>
File: Capture+_2016-11-08-16-09-13.png (287KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-11-08-16-09-13.png
287KB, 1440x2392px
>>31938555
You haz an LG too don't ya;)
(File name)
>>
>Live in Kentucky
>Go to buy gun
>Fill out the paper work
>Walk out about 10 minutes later with gun in hand.
>>
>>31939449
Aye! Another Jerseyville fag!

Anyways, stay away from both the LGSs around here.

They're literally both fudd tier with prices inflated to all hell. I'm glad that fucking discount house will be gone soon, dumbasses want 30 to 40 for a beat to Shit AR mag and 400 for a mosin.

The local Wal-Mart is honestly better than either place.
>>
Just got the call 33 mins short of 72 hours....
>>
>>31940525
I've got some pretty good deals from outrageous Outdoors. Used stuff. The sub 2 k was 427 out the door.
>>
>>31939980
what you do is go buy a safe or pelican case, and dump the liberal bitch whos trying to cuck you.
>>
>>31941173
Every time I've ever went in, I always get a lecture on why I should buy this *generic bolt action chambered in durr hunting round that can't even be legally used to hunt deer with in Illinois* or an overpriced 870.

Never fails.
>>
>>31938555
In Ohio, if you have your CCW, you're exempt from getting a background check.
>>
>>31938555
I work at a gun shop, am on the FFL, am a disabled veteran, etc. But every time I buy a gun I'm delayed for days. I love Illinois.
>>
>>31939845
>rights for me, not for thee
>>
>>31939845
Bounced on my boy's dick to this.
>>
>>31938555
>NC
>gave up waiting for pistol permit
>moved to SC for a month
>only 5 minutes away from where I lived
>walk into store
>buy pistol
>walk out
>move back to NC
Six million times easier than the pistol permit thingie.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.