[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panic buy for poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: panic Op chan.gif (2MB, 1224x1381px) Image search: [Google]
panic Op chan.gif
2MB, 1224x1381px
I'm strongly considering panic buying a gun just in case of Shillary gets elected. What do I buy /k/? I only have 400 bucks, and currently own a Beretta M9.

I'm currently looking at
>Yugo SKS
>Spanish Mauser .308

Would prefer to own a semi-auto rifle of some kind (preferably an AR or an AK), what do I buy /k/?
>>
File: operator chan how horrifying.jpg (78KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
operator chan how horrifying.jpg
78KB, 444x440px
>>31938348
shameless self bump, please help me /k/
>>
sks is a good option if you want one RIGHT NOW and can get one.
>>
If you have a regular income you can join sportsman's guide and use their payment plan. I'm a poor fag and that's how I got my AR. I'm gonna get a wasr that way too if we don't MAGA tonight.
>>
>>31938419
currently unemployed
>>
>>31938434
Well, if you don't care about your credit you could always make the first payment, get the gun, then cancel your bank card lol
>>
.308 ammo will be more abundant when shtf
Friendly reminder to check your go bags, clean and load your guns, sharpen your knives, and have gear ready
Even if we MAGA, may still have a chimp out
>>
>>31938458
I care about it lol
>>
>>31938484
I'm considering it but I have 30 rounds of M43 after a range trip
>>
>>31938348
If it's one of those beat to hell Spanish Mausers go for the SKS
>>
anon with both here. the sks will naturally have the more advantages for innawoods fuckery with the standard 10 rd mag and aftermarket 20 and 30, softer recoil, and good enough aftermarket and ammo selection.

but fuck if the mauser isnt fun as fuck to run around with its bayonet too, dat work-da-bolt goodness, and that RFN POWAH and availability.

bottom line get both. if youre that poor and want practicality go sks. for the Reich feel go mauser and spend the rest on a Wehrmacht blouse and stahlhelm.
>>
File: P1060817.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1060817.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>31938348
There's no point panic buying a bolt action rifle, literally none. They're not going anywhere.
Even the sks isn't going to be much of a target for anything, legislation wise.
But I'd go with the sks for sure out of those two. It's a more useful rifle IMO out of the two listed, cheaper to shoot, golden tiger ammo yaws like 545x39 if you want cheap and nasty boolits, and you can't afford an AK or AR on 400 buckeroos anyway. Too bad you missed the $400 vz2008 & 5 mag train a while back, that'd be your best bang for your buck. A vz58 is basically an sks type-r. It's a much upgraded sks in a lot of ways, and even the cheap vz2008 version is pretty ok.
Also, I'm a bigger fan of the harder hitting 762x39 round when it comes to the ak/ar argument, it just makes for a more fun plinking gun all around.
>>
>>31938348
you dont panic buy milsurp and bolt action rifles you mong. panic buy ammo, if anything. if youve got a shitload then buy a fucking ak or AR parts
>>
>>31938598
I can't afford any AK aside from a shitty IO, and I'd rather have a long gun just in case of the habbening

but on that note should I just buy a stripped lower?
>>
>>31938657
you definitely should buy a stripped lower if you plan on owning an ar in the next 8 years. if you want a long gun you should either go with the sks (if you can get it for ~$400) or start building an ar.
>>
>>31938682
torn between a stripped aero lower and a blem PSA complete lower
>>
>>31938657
If you already have a m9 just buy fucking ammo for it. A handgun is just as good as a rifle in any scenario you're going to face. If you're walking around with a rifle you're a target anyway. Meaning you can't carry it everywhere with you or conceal it. A handgun is more likely to save your life than a rifle will.
>>
>>31938723
already have 1,000 rounds of ammo for it
>>
get the sks, I have a real military (jianshe from the 1950's / early 60's) chicom type 56 and while it won't win any beauty contests it is probably the most naturally pointing and shooting rifle I have. can't speak to how the yugo compares, never used one
>>
>>31938732
Then save your money and don't spend it on shitty Milsurp
>>
>>31938590
Not op but I'm sitting on a vz right now. Thinking of buying. I could scoop it up for 350. Is that a good deal?
>>
>>31938348

I hate to be that faggot, but just get an AR. The SKS and the mauser aren't going anywhere. At the very least buy a complete lower and some mags.
>>
>>31938798
actually doing that rn.
>>
File: P1030376.jpg (297KB, 666x809px) Image search: [Google]
P1030376.jpg
297KB, 666x809px
>>31938782
Amazing deal.
My vz58 is still the best overall rifle I've ever handled.
A friend of mine has a vz2008, and although the fit/finish isn't nearly up to my level, it's still an unbeatable gun for the price. Just remove that crap slant brake the second you get it, it was screwing with our point of impact really bad.
I was clanking 400 yard steel pretty easily once it was removed.
>>
>>31938798
aaaand I bought a blem complete lower
>>
>>31938916
Well it's a kit so pretty easy to remove. Thanks for the help
>>
>>31938348
Don't be a fucking mong and panic buy because a democrat got into office.
>>
Don't panic buy, you'll get charged out the ass for no reason. For the past few decades the left has been trying to restrict guns, and not even a 2 term Democrat did anything to change it. The NRA is best funded and most successful lobbyist group in this nations history. Even if Hilary proposed a bill, it would be grid locked and take years to go into effect if at all.
>>
>>31939946
>>31940012
already bought a blem lower. I realize that she may not do anything but prices will go through the roof. It's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
Speeking of SKS I am looking at nabbing a receiver/barrel assembly and putting it together over time like my AR. Is it worth it or just easyer/cheeper in the long run to just buy a complete one?
>>
>>31940192
buy one whole (unless you want a franken tacticool one)
>>
>>31938348
just get a lower receiver for an AR and slowly build it. It's the cheapest option.
>>
>>31939946
tell that to the people stuck in NY and Massachusetts.
>>
>>31940219
>this

>>31940209
already done, got a complete lower though because I'm lazy
>>
>>31940219
and Connecticut
>>
>>31938348

Get the Mauser or you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>31940441
guess I'm a fag then my wehraboo friend. Bought an AR (still want the mauser and will buy one eventually)
>>
>>31939946
>>31940012

Supreme court.
>>
>>31940458

>bought a $400 AR

Was it used?
>>
>>31940531
didn't spend all 400 on the AR baka

>PSA Blem lower 180 bucks
>5 Magpul Gen II's 50 bucks
>4 M9 Mags 60 bucks

Got about 90 bucks left to spare
>>
>>31938348
I would get the SKS or do a budget AR. Bolt action rifles will never be banned with all the fudd hunters. Unless you are collecting and want that exact rifle, in which case sure since milsurp is drying up. The SKS would be more practical and fun, second to the slightly more expensive AR15.
>>
>>31941780
ended up buying an AR
>>
>>31939207
Oh, that's gonna cost you a lot more than $350 to build. Budget a receiver in, plus any tools you don't have and/or the help of a good gunsmith.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.