[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fud run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-11-08 06.38.55.jpg (3MB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-08 06.38.55.jpg
3MB, 3771x2121px
Deer season opened in Texas this past weekend. Started it up right with a cull hunt.
>Be me, hiding in the thick brush.
>kabob dear moves in from the NW pops into sendero not 50 feet away.
>To close for hcar, Switch to pistol.
>slowly and calmly draw pistol.
> II the sights line up in my eye he picks up his head to take a gander at the new movement in the brush.
> My thumb disengages the safety and I squeeze the already cocked trigger. The round discharges immediately shooting him right in the face with 150grain DRT.

How's your season going so far? What kind of weapons are you using to eliminate Insurgent deer in your area?
>>
>>31937343

Texan here,

I won't be blasting any durr until the 3rd. I'll be looking for some quail and turkey, maybe javelina, too.
>>
>>31937343
I walk through the woods with my rifle. Something about it is calm, and peaceful. It reminds me of going on patrol with my rifle in the Marines.

I step very carefully, making sure to not step on branches. Sometimes I take 5 minutes to move 5 feet. You gotta sneak up on them.

I hunt up North where it's cold. Deer are like people, when it's cold they bed down. Etc etc. Been hunting two years and only seen one Buck. Can stock my freezer with Doe meat tho.
>>
>>31937343
nice shot op the meat wasn't spoiled and it probably died a quick death.bonus points for the cull too atleast it wasn't "trophy hunting"
>>
>>31937343
Jeez that's a tiny deer, I hope you gave his mom a note to send to his deer kindergarten so they don't count him as deer truant.

He's gotta weigh what, 50 quarter-pounds?
>>
>>31937423
That sounds like so much fun. Can't imagine the thrill a walking through the woods like that and just happening upon you're next kill. Unfortunately in South Texas that underbrush prevents us from being able to do this for the most part. Our type of hunting is more of a test of patience then a test of tracking skill.
>>
File: 1435094954277.jpg (50KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1435094954277.jpg
50KB, 600x656px
>>31937506
>>>31937343 (OP)
>Jeez that's a tiny deer, I hope you gave his mom a note to send to his deer kindergarten so they don't count him as deer truant.
>>
>>31937506
OP make sure you weigh him BEFORE you dig your bullet out or he's gonna weigh like 20% less.
>>
>>31937506
Nah, the MK.23 is just massive.
>>
>>31937506
80lbs. Yeah he's about a year-and-a-half old. No use in him reproducing he's only got spikes, and he's the runt of the generation. The ranch we hunt on has a Hit List, and he was on it. Year-and-a-half-old spikes don't get to feel the touch of a woman. Not when his year-and-a-half-old cousins all standing around him all carry 6 to 8 points. Not only will he pass on terrible genetics but he will also kill any beer he scraps with because he's able to get in and Dagger his competition in the eye, hear, mouth, body, legs, you get the idea.
>>
>>31937510
Most guys up here love tree stands. I prefer to hunt on the ground.

There are advantages and disadvantages. I have more mobility, but also make more noise.

I wouldn't admit this IRL, but not a fan of heights either. I need to suck it up if I want a 12 point Buck on my wall though.

That's why doe are easy, they'll kick up and flee. I've heard hunting stories and bucks are just better hiders. They'll lay down and hide until you are 10 feet away from them.

You also need to let the does walk by. If you see a hers of does, there's usually a couple bucks that are following them 5 minutes behind.

It's like humans, the males are smarter. I'm talking white tail btw.
>>
>>31937553
Still sounds like a great time I don't like tree stands either I'm afraid of heights as well. I really hate hunting in a blind just a very uncomfortable hot annoying pain in the ass way to hunt for me. Some guys love it, it's just not my cup of tea. I prefer getting all ghillied up and setting up next to a brush pile laid out in tall grass waiting to see what comes out.
>>
>>31937343
I don't own any land. Or know anyone willing to let me hunt on theirs
>>
>>31937581
You can always pay to play. There are plenty of guided hunts in Texas. There are also plenty of people that will let you come and cull animal off their land using your tags as payment. Helps them manage their land and keep Texas Parks and Wildlife off their ass by not having to get the management tags from the state. Just put yourself out there buddy, somebody will love you. Also keep your ears open at the range and at gun stores sparking up a conversation is also a good way to get yourself in. Just make sure you are a damn good shot. Nothing pisses off a land owner more than having some ignorant a******* come out and shoot and wounded deer without taking it causes all sorts of problems. Get good at neck shots. All these f****** retards who body shoot animals on free/guided hunts that are not taking trophy animals should be hung and put on public display. A neck shot is either a guaranteed down, or a guaranteed miss there is no wounding and running off like you get with a body or a head shot.
>>
>>31937630
Well I live in Abilene and anyone who owns land around here is really stingy about it
>>
>>31937717
Yikes, right on the cusp of the Bible Belt that's the worst place to be in Texas. Whole bunch of holier-than-thou assholes who don't follow the Christian ideals of treating everyone like yourself.
>>
>>31937550
Brutal.
>>
>>31937764
Just the really rich ones not the I guess you could say average rich
>>
>>31937550
>terrible genetics
>able to Dagger his competition
Uhhh I'm confused
>>
>>31938129
Just because you have a weapon that kills others easily doesn't mean that you are the best specimen. I.E. every scumbag in Detroit.
>>
>>31938211
Isn't that exactly how natural selection works?
>>
>>31937510
I hunt up north too and my family does a bit of both, where do you hunt at?
>>
>>31937510
Shit, meant for
>>31937423
>>
>>31937630
That's pretty extreme. Body shots are fine, don't be such an autist.
>>
>>31938397
I never heard of an experienced Hunter taking a body shot when it wasn't necessary. It may seem extreme but you haven't seen some of these rich dumb assholes come down and waste venison all because he didn't have confidence in his shooting ability. The only time it should be acceptable to take a body shot on a deer is if you have full intention of doing a shoulder mount.
>>
>>31938336

"natural selection" as is commonly used and as you are using it now is a meaningless tautology - "the animals best at passing on their genes pass on their genes the best"

It has nothing to do with actual desirability from any meaningful perspective.
>>
>>31939206
/\this
>>
Wannabe hunter here, I'm in CO, never hunted and don't know anyone that does. I would like to get into it, but not sure what to use. I've got a compound 60lb bow, tikka308, mossberg 930 12g, .45-70 lever gun. I would like to use the bow for turkey and thinking .45-70 for elk/durr stalking. That make sense?
>>
>>31939719
Get yourself some of this ammo
http://www.drtammo.com/DRT-Store/Product-Viewer/308-175gr-Terminal-Shock
And you can use your 308 to kill elk.
Get good taking very long shots. What I remember about Colorado you don't get very close to elf very often. Especially during hunting season. 4570 is fine for Elk butt I'd recommend reloading your own rounds because common off the shelf loads don't pack enough punch for the distance you will need.
>>
>>31939751
Wow that post has some issues, just go ahead and fuck my shit up. Damned speech to text.
>>
Ok. I have some 180gr nosler partition 308's. I have 405gr cast lead or some 325gr ftx .45-70 bullets I can load.
>>
>>31937343
Fuck you Kamron, disgusting piece of shit!
That animal never did anything to you and you just kill it for the "hunt" what a lousy cunt you are. I bet you don't even use all of the animals remains just the bits of meat that gets your dick hard because your wife couldn't get it up for 10 years you erectyle disfunctional cock sucking lowlife! I'm all for legal guns and shooting at the range but NOT ON LIVING BEINGS! and to even brag about it online!! You're a pretty sad fucker aren't you!
>>
>>31937343
Guys ... I think im a little fucked up ... I have been on 4chan too long ...

The first thing I thought when I saw OPs pic was "dat ass".

If I pray to the /k/ube will I be fixed?
>>
>>31937630
>neck shot good
>body shot bad

You're fucking clueless. Stop posting.
>>
File: IMG_2087.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2087.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>31937630
You can shoot the heart. A neck shot is a lot harder
>>
>>31937343
Why did that deer kill himself? :(
>>
>>31937566
I don't like tree stands either. The best time I had hunting was when I found a huge oak tree fallen over. I walked up it and sat down. Hour or so later in the freezing cold there was a deer. I only saw it because I noticed its tail twitching out of my peripheral. I didn't have a good shot and I didn't want to merely wound it. Didn't get one that year but I still remember that trip.
>>
>>31939996
that's not an ass, that's a deer
>>
>>31938336
The ability to stab your opponents in the eye generally does not contribute to your ability to pass on genes.
>>
>>31937550
A creature who by a quirk of genetics will never know love and can only kill.

OP, you may have killed my power animal.
>>
>>31940399
The ability to maim and kill your competition generally helps your chances
>>
File: IMG_1430.jpg (883KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
883KB, 1632x1224px
>>31937343
.300 SAUM did its job.
>>
File: Blowpipes-Dart-5cc-Small.jpg (8KB, 275x100px) Image search: [Google]
Blowpipes-Dart-5cc-Small.jpg
8KB, 275x100px
tranquilizer gun, really quiet and i poach after gun season when its cooler out. meat is very tender and i can hit it anywhere. the deer dies of a heart attack. the drug breaks down before i eat it. i eat the entire deer so i dont consider it immoral or cruel.
>>
>>31940228
winner
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.