[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys I was wondering whats the max range for 44mag rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

hey guys I was wondering whats the max range for 44mag rifle with a scope
>>
>>31937220
idk maybe 4 or 5,
>>
>>31937220
What power scope and what bullet weight/speed?
>>
>>31937328
4 or 5 what? Miles? Kilometers? Meters? Inches? Smoots? Atomic mass units?
>>
>>31937220
Most of the Marlin and Rossi rifles I've shot with open sights and they're fine out to about 100m, with a scope they should be slightly better but the .44 does tend to drop pretty steeply past that to the point you'd need some mad-mortar skills at the 200m range.
>>
>>31937328
>>31937404
Yeah, sometimes even up to 6 if its loaded hot enough.
>>
>>31937422
>6

I call bullshit on that.
>>
>>31937405
This was my experience with 357 and 9mm from carbines as well. The 357 hot loads could push 125-150
>>
so say you're shooting a deer at exactly 100 yards. .357 or .44?
>>
>>31937638
Both at 100 yards have enough energy, but the 44 will have more mass behind it. Also if you're using a lever action check out hornady leverution (spelling?) . Spitzer bullets are a good thing.
>>
>>31937404
> someone's been watching Matt Parker
>>
>>31937220
It depends on muzzle velocity of the round, angle it is being fired up, height above ground from where it is shot, acceleration of gravity. For finer results, you'd probably need to know ballistic coefficient of the round, barometric pressure, humidity and additional environmental factors.
>>
>>31937220
the magnification of the scope improves the range by X times, for example a 3x scope on a 100m range bullet will give you a 300m range
>>
>>31937807
Took me a minute; I know the video your talking about, but I actually heard about Smoots from when I did first year chem in university
>>
>>31937861
Wait, so if I somehow 'acquire' the Hubble telescope, can I then fight wars from anywhere on the planet?
>>
File: hiddenfeels.jpg (18KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
hiddenfeels.jpg
18KB, 500x411px
jesus fucking christ this thread
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>31938210

Keep in mind variable humidity and wind speed along the bullet's flight path. At this distance you'll also have to take the Coriolis Effect into account.
>>
>>31937861
This only if the gun isn't fit with a silencer right? Because they drop the range and damage by 20% you know.
>>
If the shooter is competent and the bullet is of proper design, 150-200 yards.
>>
Elmer Keith invented that cartridge to take elk out of a saddle at 500yds. It can be done, I can hit pie pan at 100 ads w a 29 easily. So with a rifle you should do much better
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.