[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s opinion on ruger sp101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 400px-RugerSP101.jpg (26KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
400px-RugerSP101.jpg
26KB, 400x268px
How does it shoot? Is it worth the price? Would you edc it?

I'm considering buying one amd carrying it an urban carry holster
>>
>>31935626
i like it but i'm a little dude and i don't find J-frames particularly comfortable to conceal. the recoil is manageable and the gun is ergonomic. Only five shots that's a bummer.
>>
They make me wet. The ergonomics are nice, and they are built well. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Tree fiddy 7
>>
Trigger might be a little rough otb compared to some s&w triggers but it will smooth out with use. I replaced the grips on mine because the stock ones were a little too small to hold onto, especially with some of the hotter .357 loads.

That having been said it has become one of my favorite guns to shoot and it's built like a tank.
>>
>>31935626
Only bad parts are the trigger and you have to swap out the springs.

Also, it's 5 shots but they make one in .327 magnum if that bothers you
>>
>>31935643
Thats not a J frame
>>
>>31935626
It's the best you'll get for the price but it is kind of heavy.

I plan on buying one and shooting my Underwood clone reloads through it.
>>
Feels great in the hand, I shoot well with it, I'm too small framed to carry it with light clothes though
>>
>>31935643
Pretty sure that's a K frame, might even be a L frame.
>>
>>31936658
Considering it's not a smith and wesson I don't think it's any of those frames
>>
>>31935626
>makes .357s feel like .38+P
>Makes .38+P feel like weak .38 Standard
>Makes .38 standard feel like 9mm
>3" model is the perfect size for IWB, OWB, or pocket carry
>built solid
>transfer bar
>rubber back strap
>hella great trigger both DA and SA

CONS
>where the fuck are all the 3" holsters?!
>>
>>31937375
>>31935930

This. Pick one up if you find a good deal, you won't be disappointed. I've seen them used for <$500.

If you decide to get it, go with 125gr gold dots for self defense. 158gr is better for hunting, it over-penetrates. Ballistic gel tests say it all.
>>
>>31937375
>>31937968
These. One of my favorite guns. The 3" points and handles perfectly. I've got this as a holster with the removable IWB loops: http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Silver-Dollar-Pancakeā„¢-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Holster.cfm?item_id=152&parent=669
>>
owned two, sold em both
>>
Not particularly enthused. I own .38/.357 in S&W, Taurus, Charter Arms, and Ruger. Ruger is dead last on my list of favorites.

Forget the fact for a moment that .357 out of a snub is just retarded and instantly shows you fell for a ridiculous product. Move on to the fact that the Ruger has lousy mechanical function, seems to "gear grind" with basic cylinder rotation, and is massively overpriced for its peers.

Regardless, if it's your only option, hurry and get any gun you can, overpriced or not, before Hillary becomes president. Your clock is ticking starting tomorrow.
>>
>>31935626
I bought one with the intentions of replacing my EDC with it. I couldn't ever do it. Nothing wrong with the gun, I just liked my other one better. I ended up selling it, but now I wish I hadn't.
>>
File: edc.jpg (1017KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
edc.jpg
1017KB, 2272x1704px
>>31935626
>How does it shoot?
shoots well. It's chunky, so naturally dem magnum loads don't punish you like a j-frame smith. grips are effective & comfortable. i use the hogue grips to fully acommodate my large hands. sights are what you'd expect on the 2"-3" barrels. the 4.2" sights are standard ruger-fare.. fully adjustable blade rear, square-profile fiber-optic front. the gun's as accurate as the shooter.
trigger's heavy & smooth-ish. a simple trigger-job will serve you well
>Is it worth the price?
imo
absolutely
>Would you edc it?
pic related
edc for about 4+ years
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.