[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between Henry AR-7 survival rifle, and a Ruger takedown, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Between Henry AR-7 survival rifle, and a Ruger takedown, which do you personally prefer, and why???
>>
>>31934770
When I was going to buy an AR-7, /k/ told me (long with many other forums and sites) it was shit. Unreliable, bulky, not very well made (the Henry version, at least).

The TD 10/22 on the other hand is supposedly great and lots of people like it.

Personally if I wanted a very small, compact rifle for a hiking bad, I'd buy one of the Crickett rifles for kids, pull off the stock and build a skeleton stock out of a hollow piece of PVC pipe, which the barrel and action can fit inside. A simple as shit single shot bolt action will always fire, while a semi-auto rifle may fire, but there's a chance it could break or not work when I need it. Less moving parts at least, in my opinion.
>>
>>31934890
Came here to say exactly this.

If I were seeking a super-light pack&trail gun/meat-getter, 100% I'd take the Li'l Crickett. Heck, I'd even take it in its standard furniture. Making a neato stowaway stock like this anon suggests would make it even cooler.
>>
Y'know, not trying to be a hater at all, but I'm not really sure what the takedown 10/22 is good for...?

It's cool as hell, no doubt, and impeccable quality by all accounts, but it's the same weight as a regular 10/22 and not really *that* compact, to be brutally honest.

Take into account the price increase over a conventional 10/22, and... I dunno.
>>
>>31934890
Does the takedown 10/22 come with wood stock for us traditionalist types?
>>
>>31934969
This is a good point, and is ultimately why I never ended up buying either. The 10/22 is the better gun, but at that point, is it really better than a larger rifle? What about pellet guns, or a ruger pistol? They make .22 pistols which could, theoretically, take down the same small game a rifle could. There's also the Ruger Charger pistol, which is like a super compact 10/22. Personally I think either of those (pistol or quality pellet gun) would be a better choice, but I guess it depends on OP's needs.

>>31934989
I don't believe so, at least not from Ruger.
>>
>>31934770
ruger takedown...
but I got one just because I already had a Tec-22 that takes 10/22 mags so I have a bunch of 25 rd 10/22 mags already
>>
>>31934770

The Henry.

Why?

It (Well, the AR 7) was in a James bond movies.
>>
>>31935047
This, that's all the reason you need.

I propose the Double-O challenge: parachute out of a crashing plane and land in the wilderness (or just go to your local state park, or your backyard) and proceed to bushcraft/operate in a black-tie tuxedo, armed with a PPK, AR7, and such gadgets as can be concealed in your everyday effects.
>>
>>31934989
There are but they are hard to find and the ones I've found have been marked up more than they should be.

If I wanted a pretty takedown I'd go for a lever gun.
>>
JUST
UST
ST
T

BUY
UY
Y

AN
N

AR
R
!!
>>
>>31934770
as a gun and being used as a gun 10/22 takedown.
the ar 7 is frankly a pile of shit but it excels at its gimmick. you wont find something that stores into a more compact package. as long as you dont need to use it as a gun its great since it takes up minimal space. if you have to use it as a gun the ergonomics are shit, the mags are shit that only work with certain types of ammo. it doesnt hold zero between takedowns but you will never notice since the sights are horrible. the one i owned was a pile of crap that would fuck up every other mag.
in a survival situation you have a gun but its the bare minimum of a gun
>>
>>31934890
I mean you COULD do that... Or...

Personally I would probably but a ruger trail-lite or something
>>
>>31934770
Takedown
The AR-7 is too bulky and the trigger group is kind of a bitch to reassemble.
>>
AR-7
I personally think it's a neat proof of concept design.

That and should the government start taking our guns you could remove the markings on the stock and build a prop gun while the actual parts are inside the stock. Law enforcement won't do shit to a "toy gun"

But hey, that's just an idea from a paranoid noguns.

Tfw live in New Zealand
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.