[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a nigga out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: dddd.png (184KB, 580x353px) Image search: [Google]
dddd.png
184KB, 580x353px
Election is tomorrow, i rant to the gun store and saw an AKM i like, 619USD, its from a company called I-O Manufacturing. Is the company any good, ive never heard it, should i bail and go for a AR?
>>
>>31934734
IO is shit. Like, your sights will fall off the gun and it might explode on you shit.

Get the AR.
>>
>>31934780
yep.
>>
Nigga, an I.O. will fucking explode on you.

Research this shit before you blow $600.
>>
>>31934794
its why im here nigga.
>>
>>31934734
No. They are absolute bottom tier and often turn out unsafe products
>>
>>31934734

>I.O.

You're better off buying a bunch of tannerite and shooting it while holding it against your face
>>
>>31934734
Get something besides an AR. Everyone and their brother-uncle has an AR.
>>
>>31934734
IO is widely regarded as one of the worse AKs out there. This isn't just /k/ hating random shit. They're jacked up. Canted everything to the point that sights are unusable, gas ports drilled to large, so the bolt carrier smacks into the back of the receiver and sometimes pops out, so they put a buffer in it to make it not smack so hard, wobbly magazines. For ~600 you can get a bare-bones AR and then upgrade it later as parts come back into stock after the inevitable panic.
>>
>>31934802
We know this because we researched it. If you want people to do homework for you, we have a board for that

>>>/hm/
>>
>>31934734

It used to be that something like a WASR was a cheap gun. Now they run 700 and up. AKs are EXPENSIVE now. They are only cheap if you are literally fighting a civil war in a third world country.

ARs are the new poorfag gun. End of story. A 500 dollar AR will be vastly better than that 600 dollar IO AK. Also, IO is pure concentrated AIDS.
>>
>>31934817
gas ports drilled *too large.
Fuck me. long day
>>
>>31934815
which means that every dumb shit also has a box of .223, so when the SHTF, you can get more ammo easily
>>
File: DDIAK47SUW.jpg (223KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DDIAK47SUW.jpg
223KB, 800x533px
If you're looking for a decent AK, I'm pretty happy with my DDI underfolder. I think the ones they're doing now are built from Hungarian parts kits. They had Polish ones a couple years ago.
>>
I actually have an IO but I got it for cheap at a pawn shop in almost perfect condition. The only problem was the rear sight - needed to use some loctite to keep the post from drifting. Hasn't blown up on me yet but I don't shoot it that often, only have about 500 rounds through it since I bought it, who knows many were put through it before.

I will probably sell it back to pawn store when I shoot through all the ammo I have since I just don't shoot it that often.

Just get an AR lower received assembled and you can get the rest of the parts after the scare.
>>
>>31934734
WHY DID YOU WAIT THIS LONG YOU FUCKING RETARD?
>>
File: 1477656701413.jpg (92KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
1477656701413.jpg
92KB, 1024x679px
>>31934734
OP these guys are just trying to make you miss out on the highly sought after Inter Ordnance (IO.)

Don't sleep on this OP, the election is tomorrow.
>>
>>31934734
I suggest getting an ar, but if your set on an ak platform check out the amd.
>>
get an AR lower
>>
Pro-tip: if you are asking to spend x amount of money on a gun or similar gun you can build cheaper, you're wasting money. As much as I hate build fags, they're right in this instance.
>>
>>31934734
It's great, offer him $800 since $619 is just wrong. You won't regret it
>>
>>31934734
I had one first one would fail to eject about 5 times a mag and the mag catch pin walked out. After a 9 month warranty debocal they finally sent me a new rifle. The new guns bolt carrier required a spacer otherwise it would literally walk out of the receiver rails. I sold it for a loss and purchased a century built m70b. Honestly OP I have had to do warranty replacement work with IO and DDI. DDI had the new gun at my door within 3 days of receiving the package. I can not recommend IO to anyone after it took them 9 months to send a new gun that was just slightly better garbage
>>
Just gotta add my voice to the chorus, and IO will shoot itself to pieces in under 1000 rounds.

This isnt a meme, this isnt stupid /k/ hate, this isn't fuddlore or legend or bias. It's true, they are garbage
>>
>>31934809
Still safer than an IO
>>
Is IO even worse than those cast ras47's?
>>
>>31934859
>when shtf
hOw about when shit DOESN'T hit the fan and everyone is buying 5.56 and you cant find any
>>
>>31937955
Yes.

Look on youtube for some IO ak reviews and you will see them beat themselves apart in under 200 rounds, parts fall off, receivers crack and the gun ultimately either fail to function or worse.
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
my IO has hole in gas port, only shot under 600 rounds
>>
>>31934734

You can get a Vepr for a little bit more than that. Those are built like a tank.

Only issue is, magazines. The .39 versions are double stack, but regular AK mag won't just pop in there.

And Vepr mags themselves are expensive.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.