[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Election Ammo Buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: product_thumb.php.jpg (31KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
product_thumb.php.jpg
31KB, 240x160px
I'm putting together an order for bulk .223 (not 5.56 NATO) for my varmint rifle. (Savage Model 11) I've been shooting Wolf Gold 55gr boat tails and shooting good groups at 300 yards (for my skill) But on a budget and college fag so no reloading.
Do I rebuy gold for 330 per 1000 +shipping or buy WPA(Wolf) 55gr hollow point steel case for 250 per 1000.

gun is dead nuts at 270 yards right now and I'm loving it. 2" high at 100. it's extremely easy to use on gopher sized targets. only fault so far is user error.
>>
>>31933887
get the brass you cheap fuck. A varmint rifle means that 1000rds is going to be sitting for a while and any steel cased shit is going to rust.
>>
>>31933887
id pay more for gold. as a bonus, you can sell your brass to recoup some of the extra cost.
lastly, if its a varmit gun, why would you regularly shoot possibly inaccurate ammo out of it. what you save in initial ammo costs seems to be lost with shitty groups.
>>
>>31934165
Most steel case is lacquered or polymer coated, specifically to prevent rust. Additionally, so long as you store it inside, in a closet or something, there shouldn't be any worry about rust. Toss it in a plastic tub and throw some dessicant inside if you live in a humid area. Either way, this should not be your reason for not buying steel cased.

>>31933887
>pre-election panic buying ammo
>literally less than 24 hrs before the election

What the fuck were you doing for the past 9 months, OP? It was pretty much settled then, and it sure as hell didn't sneak up on you.
>>
>>31934165
>get the brass you cheap fuck. A varmint rifle means that 1000rds is going to be sitting for a while and any steel cased shit is going to rust.

I live in a desert, I shoot in a desert. Rust is a non issue.

>>31934197
>id pay more for gold. as a bonus, you can sell your brass to recoup some of the extra cost.
>lastly, if its a varmit gun, why would you regularly shoot possibly inaccurate ammo out of it. what you save in initial ammo costs seems to be lost with shitty groups.

The gun and the ammo are still better than I am. Other people can shoot a 1.5" group with my gun and this ammo. I'm doing about 7" Why waste the money? Besides I spend a couple hours a month at the range. I shoot about 700 rounds/year. give or take.

>>31934428
>pre-election panic buying ammo
>literally less than 24 hrs before the election
Spot on. I checked on a whim because elections-eve. Down to my last 2 boxes. I had no idea I'd been shooting so much this year. Ammo price is the same now as when I bought the last batch. So I could care less.
>>
>>31934485
Yeah, you're still in luck but jeez man, try to plan ahead.

Honestly steel is fine for practice ammo. I'd buy 1k rounds of steel and about as much brass if I were you, but that's 2k rounds so up to you. Steel is different than brass (it's cheaper, usually dirtier, usually less accurate due to specs being wonky, etc) but it's fine for plinking. You can't reload it (actually I think you can, it's just a pain in the ass and not worth it). If you just want a bunch of plinking ammo I'd go steel. You don't reload anyway so it should be a no brainer. Like you said, you live in the desert and steel cased is coated specifically to prevent rust.
>>
>>31934532
>try to plan ahead
At least I thought about it before the election. fed will probably follow the FexEx guy anyway. so I'm fucked.

>it's just a pain in the ass and not worth it
Yep. exactly what I've heard. I understand the biggest problem is the dies getting scratched up and needing tons of lube. Pretty much if you use dies for steel they'll mark up brass like a mofo.
>>
Whelp I bought 500 rnds of the brass. $0.02 more each but it'll take me until prices come back down to shoot it anyway.
>>
>>31934849
From where? I need more sks ammo, only have 500 rounds left.
>>
>>31934898
jgsales

their inventory is weird as fuck. check back often.
>>
>>31933887
Gold is considerably more accurate than that garbage steel case
>>
File: 1472838696974.jpg (24KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
1472838696974.jpg
24KB, 480x348px
What are some brands that make decent quality brass ammo but still have good prices?

Not asking for some god tier match grade stuff, but also don't want something with rocks for primers.
>>
>>31935083
wolf gold
>>
>>31935083
>>31935121
>>31934914
jg and wolf gold. it's not bad for us mere mortals.
>>
>>31935121
>>31935184
How's brown bear?
>>
>>31935245
Do you
1) have a mosin nagant
2) have an AK
3) not care about hitting the broadside of a barn

if you answered yes to any of these questions, brownbear is for you
>>
>>31935981
>implying AK isnt accurate up to 300m
>>
>>31934428
You've never seen or handled polymer coated steel cases apparently.
>>
Seriously, how about getting a few of your complacent friends to go vote? Then we wouldn't have to worry about this shit.

I swear, if I hear another goddamned gun owner tell me he isn't going to/didn't bother to vote, I'm just going to tell him I hope his fucking next round explodes in his face.

Fucking morons at the range are bitching about Hillary, one of them admits he isn't registered to vote because "it doesn't even fucking matter, they'll steal the vote anyway" and two others say "I ain't sure Trump is gonna protect my rights either."

Okay, fuckwads. Enjoy getting your rights fucked squarely in the ass, dry, once Hillary appoints a couple of folks to SCOTUS and starts issuing her executive orders. Jeezis.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.