[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[the following is something my friend said to me. This isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: M16A2_-_AM.016070.jpg (557KB, 1950x1140px) Image search: [Google]
M16A2_-_AM.016070.jpg
557KB, 1950x1140px
[the following is something my friend said to me. This isn't my opinion. No I'm not trolling. I just want to know what your response is]

I have a question for the pro gun crowd.

If pistol grips and extended mags are nothing but "cosmetic features" why do y'all insist on having them on your AR15s. These things clearly affect the performance of the gun. Having fired a few guns myself I Can tell you that there was far more recoil on the Ruger Mini 14 than the AR15. The AR15 was extremely easy to control, and therefore really easy for an autistic 20 year old to mow down a pack of 6 year olds or two.
>>
Becuase God designed the AR-15 to have a pistol grip you fucking wetwipe
>>
>>31931596
Because everyone has different tastes. I like the traditional stock

>ITT you're an autistic 20 year old

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnsBH9jGxc
>>
>>31931596
The ar-15 has a different gas system and a buffer spring, the mini does not. That being said. Fuck off.
>>
Of course features like that help, otherwise they wouldn't exist. They often do help guns become better at killing. The pro crowd likes to play that down, and play up the "it's still deadly without it so don't ban it" thing, which is also true.
>>
>>31931596
>If pistol grips and extended mags are nothing but "cosmetic features" why do y'all insist on having them on your AR15s.

because the AR 15 was designed to have a pistol grip and detachable mag
>>
Brevik killed 77 people with a Mini-14
Lanza only (allegedly) killed 26 with an AR-15

By that same simplistic one-dimensional logic combined with similar cognitive dissonance and willful ignorance, that means a Mini-14 is around three times more effective than an AR-15, and your friend is just a pussy that can't handle a real rifle.
>>
File: 1459165860423.jpg (124KB, 968x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1459165860423.jpg
124KB, 968x1068px
>>31931596

Consider weight and the quality of the muzzle brake when shooting too anon. The heavier a weapon the less recoil compared to others in the same caliber. Purpose built muzzle brakes can also dramatically reduce recoil.

Extended mags is the wrong word I think for what you're trying to describe. An extended magazine is a normal magazine that has had the base plate taken off and had a special built extension mounted on it to hold a few more rounds. Standard capacity magazines for the AR15 are 30 round magazines.

AR15s are ugly as sin without the pistol grip. Look up new york legal AR15 on google.
>>
They affect ergonomics to an arguable degree, yes, but not to such a degree that it's absence would hinder a person hell bent on mass murder. Therefore, there is no appropriate justification for banning that so-called feature. And the reason the AR had less felt-recoil than the Mini is because of the internal design. Not because of the piece of plastic hanging off the exterior of the receiver.
>>
>>31931663
Honestly I think companies make them that way as a political statement. the Ares SCR is sexy as fuck if you ask me (or shall i say "was")

>>31931661
well obviously tactics are everything. Some zerg rusher got 30 kills while literally dual wielding a .22 and a glock because he chose a jampacked dorm. Meanwhile some idiot charging up a hill towards police with an AR15 would be lucky to get one kill. This is my position. Someone who is willing to plan for years (which brevik was) will rack up a decent body count with a spork. Therefore gun control is bound to be a slippery slope, since banning AR-15s might save 15-40 lives per year, leaving America's gun violence statistics largely unaltered, leading to more gun control
>>
File: IMG_2811.jpg (64KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2811.jpg
64KB, 600x320px
>>31931615
>no fpbp yet
Das dat furst post.
>>
File: homicides 2007-2011.png (232KB, 961x915px) Image search: [Google]
homicides 2007-2011.png
232KB, 961x915px
>>31931596
Tell your friend I decline to allow my privacy, my property, and my birth liberties to be held hostage by a handful of sickos.

Tell him if black people, Muslims, and faggots can't be held collectively guilty for the depredations of a 'militant minority', then neither can gun owners.

Point out that we lose twice as many people to fistfights as to rifle fire. Pic related.

Then tell him to eat shit and die.
>>
>>31931596
They're more comfortable and easier to hold, but that's all preference stuff. They don't change the amount of energy the bullet has, so they don't make the gun more lethal.

I haven't shot a Mini14 but weight is a factor, as is the operating system; the AR's buffer system lends itself naturally to being easy to control, as opposed to a piston driven gun that has more mass reciprocating above the bore.
>>
>>31931815
The point is to profoundly and irrefutably illustrate that he's using cosmetic aspects and a weak anecdote to make a judgement on something that truly involves thousands of different variables, all of which he is deliberately ignoring in order to make his point.
>>
>>31931596
Legislating away ergonomics like pistol grips is trying to make killing people harder like removing the grip extensions from a dual shock makes video games is trying to make playing video games harder. All the buttons are still there, your character is still as powerful as they were, its just going to feel like shit holding the controller.

Caliber restrictions make far more sense if you want to attack weapon power, but even that is retarded because .22 LR is deadly. Any bullet which penetrates deep enough to hit organs is.
>>
german here

why the hell do american antigunners get so hung up on """assault rifles""" when they're all just semi auto rifles anyway? don't they realize that common handguns are a hundred times more useful to any criminal than a fucking long ass rifle?
>>
>>31931964
Yes, it's about picking your battles. I support the awb because i want all guns banned and it's a first step.
>>
>>31931964
>don't they realize that common handguns are a hundred times more useful to any criminal than a fucking long ass rifle?
They either don't, which wouldn't surprise me, or they do and they don't actually care about stopping crime.
>>
>>31931964
Because it's a useful tactic to demonize and persecute the opposition. They have a lot in common with the ruling party in your country during the 30's.
>>
>>31931596
>y'all
Fuck off back to "black twitter" cuck.
>>
>>31931969
But if you do that, you unmake the Bill of Rights. Why do you think this is a good idea?
>>
>>31931596
Features that improve the ease of use have a far bigger impact for the type of shooting that a defender is going to employ than an attacker.

Defensive shooting involves less-precise, but a larger volume of fire. While a spree-shooter is more likely to take slower, more well-aimed shots. The defender is going for rounds on target, the spree-killer is going targets for rounds. The advantages of a pistol grip decrease rapidly as time between shots increases. so taking one away comes at huge cost to the defender and minimal cost to the attacker. A similar argument applies for things like compensators, flash suppressors and suppressors.

So I guess I disagree with the general sentiment that they are "cosmetic features" rather than defensive features.
>>
Certain guns (typically modern sporting rifles) come standard with those features. When they say no guns can have those features it means you now can no longer buy pretty much all modern rifles, unless you turn it into an uncomfortable to shoot abomination. It's an attempt at a defacto ban, which in itself is an attempt. Basically it's just stupid and makes it harder for the average citizen to get certain guns.

Bullet buttons and mag restrictions actually are effective, if you actually follow them which bad people do not, and they're in fact a violation of 2A (see: definition of infringed). Banning pistol grips and barrel shrouds do absolutely nothing but piss gun owners off by forcing them to make their guns look retarded and be uncomfortable to use.
>>
>>31931989
>giving that weak b8 a (You)
>>
>>31931969
Yum yum gimme that b8
>>
File: 1474332222692.gif (1MB, 560x372px) Image search: [Google]
1474332222692.gif
1MB, 560x372px
>>31931969
REEEEE TRY AND TAKE THEM CTR SHILL
>>
File: IMG_1787.jpg (51KB, 1136x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1787.jpg
51KB, 1136x476px
if you shoot someone with a mini-14 he'll die the same as with an ar-15 (which is to say he won't lol 223 fags btfo)

but seriously, a pistol grip is only a minor performance boost, and a huge cosmetic change. i don't want a mini-14 with a pistol grip because it looks bad, not because it'd be too easy to kill people with. "extended mags" aren't really a thing. the default magazine for most m16 and m4s is 30 rounds, and there are some that are less and some that are more. if there's more, it's less reloads, but also a lot of times less jamming and much easier to load (and forces 18 year olds who signed up for the military to conserve ammo more). granted, it's easy for criminals WHO ALREADY HAVE an ar-15 to kill people, but you could do the same with many other guns (like mini-14s, shotguns, pistols, etc.)

pic related is an ar-15 with no pistol grip. do you really think that looks as good as the rifle in your picture?
>>
>>31931596
> mini 14 has more recoil than an ar15.
>casually using autism

This is bait folks, nothing to see here.
>>
File: 1454647323947.png (443KB, 475x599px) Image search: [Google]
1454647323947.png
443KB, 475x599px
>>31931596
Because the 30 rd. mags make shooting at multiple target easier. And when the gun is designed with a pistol grip it makes it unwieldy as fuck without it. Recoil can be managed in any form by most shooters, making it fucking retarded to make my gun all retarded just because of some misconception.

While easy for someone to mow down six-year-olds, it is easy with any gun and extremely rare. So fucking over generally harmless gun owners because the one autistic fuck that goes off will miss 3 out of 10 shots because of recoil and has to reload a couple times more is fucking retarded.
>>
>>31932009
Hey, he's obviously CTR and he's probably going to be vindicated tomorrow. I just figured I'd ask the giddy little creep why. Why. Just that and nothing more.
>>
>>31931900
>poison
>5 victims in 2011
I bet poison killed a lot more than that, but nobody found out it was a murder. Truly the best method.
>>
>>31932042
>>casually using autism
Nigger where do you think you are?
>>
>>31931596

Mini-14 and AR15 have completely different actions and are, in fact, totally different guns. No shit the recoil is different.

Pistol grips and adjustable stocks are for ergonomic purposes. Imagine having a car without adjustable seats because fuck you thats why.
>>
>>31932067
>troll trying to sound like a normie

>>
>>31932115
>trying to get deeper into irony posting
>>
>>31931981
Go back to being a cuck you damn yankee
>>
>>31931964
Rifles r scary & mean looking
>>
>>31932139
>implying m trying to get deeper into irony posting

>>
>>31931596
because they were designed with a pistol grip you tard

sage thread and go to poll shithead.
>>
>>31931964
Because those sorts of rifles are in the news due to mass shootings. They use the public perception and political ammo they get from those incidents to try to push whatever legislation they think will stick.

Its not about intelligent targeted "common sense gun control". Its about making it harder for gun owners to enjoy what they do, to the point they either drive them from the state or reduce the number because people don't want to even try anymore.

If you can't repeal the second amendment, or ban weapon types in common use, the next best choice is to ban arbitrary things about them to the point gun manufacturers stop making weapons for your incredibly specific requirements, or people stop trying to own those types of weapons.
>>
>>31932000
I don't want to be one of those people wishing for mass shootings or something, but imagine if someone used a totally California legal non-assault weapon to commit a mass shooting.

It would probably just make them produce even more legislation to fuck with people.
>>
>>31931596
id your friend retarded? if you don't use detachable magazines were the hell would you put the stripper clip otherwise?

you'll have to redesign the entire gun for it to accept clips.
>>
>>31931596
They affect the performance of the gun, but not the lethality. A mass shooting can be conducted with any firearm produced in the last hundred years; the weapon used does not change the fact that gun violence occurs. Restricting gun features does not prevent gun violence. That's like legislating cars to have smaller fuel tanks and more uncomfortable steering wheels and expecting automobile hit-and-runs to be less common.
>>
>>31931596
The ar-15 was designed to be as light and grunt friendly as possible. Once it got onto the civilian market, it was lighter and easier to control than all those heavy fucking durr huntin rifles and gained a now significant following. It is one of the most popular rifle platforms in the world and definitely in the US for its usability.
This was not intended to prevent someone who needs mental health care from using a gun. A gun is a tool, like a vehicle or a hammer, with a very specific task which it is meant to do well.
Don't blame a rifle for your retarded brother listening to the voices and mowing people down, blame yourself for not putting him in a fucking institution.
>>
>>31932718
Derringer would be the ideal weapon to make such a statement. Though it'd be fucking impressive to see a double digit kill count with a a fucking musket.
>>
>>31931596
>be ops friend
>have a question for the pro gun crowd
>If pistol grips and extended mags are nothing but "cosmetic features" why do blah, blah, blah, blah.......?
your query is irrelevant because
everyone has a right to bear arms of any kind
>>
>>31931981
Seriously frig off non-Texan
>>
NYer here.

I want to bash you/your friends fucking face in.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. FUCK CUOMO AND FUCK JEWMER. Fuck Hillary and MAGA tomorrow
>>
>>31932899
>Though it'd be fucking impressive to see a double digit kill count with a a fucking musket.
Cause a distraction, or find a place in BFN where the cops won't be on you in 15 mins.
As previous shootings have shown, people often won't even try to fight back.
>>
>>31932899
>>31933142
Go full pirate with 6 muskets.

Or maybe a bunch of duck feet muskets.
>>
>>31933142
It would be by no means impossible, but it would require some serious planning and a bit of luck.
>>31933246
Problem with multiple guns is that they might to try to pass legislation about limiting the number of guns a citizen can own, which would be detrimental to the message.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 3300x1542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 3300x1542px
>>31931663
Fuck you this looks dank as fuck
>>
>>31933435
It looks like a compelling argument to not let your AR-15 fuck a P90.
>>
>>31932983
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Seriously, what is so hard to understand about that.
>>
You can't compare different guns to assess different features on said gun, best practice would be to use the same gun.
>>
>>31931596

in the AR, the bolt moves to the rear into the butt stock, you cannot have a design like that and not have a pistol grip.

plus its ergonomic and comfy to use a pistol grip

>extended mags

30 rounds is standard capacity for an AR.

>autistic teen killed kids with it

so fucking what, he would have used a butter knife. he had it in his head that he was gonna do it and his mom just so happened to have an AR.
>>
>>31931867

>>>/b/
>>
>>31931981
You can suck the crisp morning bluegrass dew right off of my Kentuckian balls faggot
>>
>>31931596
Nobody ever said higher capacity mags were "aesthetic" features.

An AR with a thordsden frs 15 (pic related) functions just as well as a "regular" AR, while looking aesthetically different.
>>
>>31931596
>pro gun crowd

What faggot, are you saying you're not pro fun?
>>
>>31931964
War of attrition my friend.

A full on handgun ban isn't something they could get the public on board with right now, as even people who are wholly ignorant on guns still don't usually have a problem with self defense.

Those same people that are fairly ignorant regarding firearm ownership but not vehemently against ownership in general are however, easily tricked into thinking that AR 15's and AK's possess a greater degree of lethality than fudd semi's like the mini, thanks in no small part to Hollywood portrayals of the guns.
>>
File: ogAssaultWeapon.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ogAssaultWeapon.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>Giuseppe Marco Fieschi (13 December 1790 – 19 February 1836) was the chief conspirator in an attempt on the life of King Louis-Philippe of France in July 1835.
>In 1831, Fieschi met his later-to-be co-conspirator Pierre Morey, a neighbour
>The two contrived the plan for an "infernal machine", a Volley gun with 25 gun-barrels which could be fired simultaneously.
>Fieschi was waiting for them, 24 barrels of his gun were each loaded with eight bullets and 15-20 buckshot.[4] When the royal party passed in the street below, he fired the gun. Not all the barrels fired, but the gun still produced a volley of around 400 projectiles. Eighteen people were killed, including Lieutenant Colonel Rieussec together with eight other officers of the 8th Legion, Marshal Mortier, and Colonel Raffet, General Girard, Captain Villate and General La Chasse de Vérigny. A further 22 people were injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Marco_Fieschi

tl;dr two 19th century frogs literally made Columbine look like a fucking joke with a royal nonesuch tier homemade gun.
>>
>>31931964
Gun control in America actually started with an attempted ban on handguns. They're the ultimate target; semiautos are just a stepping stone to that.
>>
>>31931654
>hurr durr
Pistol grips don't make Guns more accurate or deadly. Fuck off
>>
And women buy high heel shoes even though they serve no fucking purpose
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.