[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went out a did some fear buying over the weekend, mostly just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20161105_160652.jpg (984KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_160652.jpg
984KB, 2560x1440px
Went out a did some fear buying over the weekend, mostly just ammo but I got this CETME 308 FOR 450$. I've shot about 200 rounds with no issue so far, anyone have any experience with these rifles? I've read a lot of bad stuff but it seems like you can really do a lot to this thing.
>>
>>31928637
id fuck with it for $450. go get some mags for it.
>>
>>31928637
If it's one of the older construction Century CETME's you should check the bolt face for any evidence of grinding and check the bolt gap to see if it's to large or to small. If it's one way or the other you can buy different rollers to adjust it and just remember to check it occasionally. If you find a good one the CETME can be a serviceable rifle and even a bad one can be used as a parts kit to build a better rifle.
>>
>>31928637
>any experience with these rifles

No personal experience but they sound hit or more often miss which is why save $200 more for a ptr is the general advice.

But if you got an entirely functional one for $450 that sounds damn good.
>>
>>31928700
>>31928700
The bolt face doesn't appear grinded but the cocking handle sure is a bitch to pull and lock to the rear. Not sure if that's something that's bad or not, I was told this one is brand new.
>>
Save this rifle for when you may need it. Just my two cents. The cetme parts are meh...you got that gun for what it's really worth. Back in the day they were 299. Its a gun that I would reserve for trashing on in an actual situation. It won't hold up like a ptr or hk will. You do have a ptr receiver but the build is still cetme. Its not going to see 5000 rounds.
>>
>>31928753
pretty much normal.
>>
>>31928637
>CETME 308 for $450

I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>31928637
As with most century guns it's fine, glad you didn't fall for the memes
>>
Been helping a friend with one, its an absolute mess. Militaryfirearm.com is a good forum for cetme info, lot of hk/cetme builders there.
>>
File: Resized_20160325_124739.jpg (828KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160325_124739.jpg
828KB, 2560x1440px
(Pic is mine)
I've had mine for a year or so. I'm really satisfied with it. Seems like good quality and I've never had any issues. Fun to shoot and easy to clean.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.