[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poaching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

Okay so, I've been learning a bit lately about elephant poaching in Africa, and I'm wondering, how can someone in the US get involved in anti poaching efforts... I would love to kill a degenerate shit poacher
>>
>>31928625
not sure if you can join a guard unit for animals in africa but i know there was an anon on /k/ that was organizing a pmc of some sort to send /k/ommandos to africa. not sure what came of them
>>
>>31928646
>not sure what came of them
If the history of /k/ is any judge,
absolutely fucking nothing
>>
>>31928625
>Step one: stop posting /pol/ shit on /K/
>Step two: seek advice from someone who is not an amorphous group of anonymous individual on the internet
>Step three: join a humanitarian group dedicated to poaching or something?
>>
>>31928625
Fundraising, donating, going on a legit safari, going vigilante in Asia, volunteering and staying the fuck out of Africa unless your doing it pro bono.

The natives need all the jobs they can get, so anyone with dreams of being paid to be a white savior can kindly go fuck themselves.
>>
>>31928667
the only reason i mention them is because it looked like the money and necessary licenses were there for it to happen
>>
>>31928703
>>31928688
Not /pol shit, honestly this autistic sperging about >pol stormfag gtfo REEEE" is ridiculous... Save it for when that's what's happening, this is not a thread for /pol, and I'm asking here instead of /an because it would involve weapons and fighting

I can see the value of supporting the organizations with money in those ways, but it seems the reality is that they need boots on the ground there, they don't have enough, and I've known quite a number of actual Africans, mostly Nigerian and Kenyan, and they don't really give a shit about the animals themselves, only their own paycheck, so I don't see how that could be more helpful than someone who believes in what the mission is about...
>>
>>31928688
>Implying you're not the shitposter here getting triggered by a /k/ relevant thread because it uses the "keyword" degenerate which is valid in this context
>>
>wanting to kill people to protect dumb animals
Liberals.....
>>
>>31928625

A lot of the rangers and other security personnel tasked with protecting elephants are former poachers themselves. It's an issue of poverty/incentive.
>>
>>31928810
Actually not a liberal... Given the IQ of most of the people stupid enough to poach I would be hesitant to classify them as any different than animals themselves
>>
>>31928773
Money, simply put if you'd be doing more harm than good if you weren't paying your own way there. The guys who tend to guard them are often very well trained (by comparison). So even if you're a quality guy the paycheck you'd theoretically get is one not going to a native, who in turn will likely become a procher themselves given the skill set they have and the money offered.
>>
>>31928824
That's what I would've guessed, and that's why I wonder if people with better intentions might be a benefit to the situation. I go hunting here in the US.. white tail deer are not intelligent for animals. And if anyone wants to argue that killing one animal is the same as any other, then I'd tell you to go ask most any dog owner in this country if they agree. It's subjective, but these animals could be an asset to Africa and the ecosystem as a whole, but like any other natural resource they are squandered in short sighted greed by the "people" that decide to poach.
>>
You can dye elephant and rhino tusks with materials detectable by international airports.

Grinding off tusks and horns is better IMO, so long as you still dye them.
>>
>>31928842
That makes sense, however, it only does if they had an abundance of people waiting to join the anti poaching operations... And from that I have read that is not the case, so in fact it is simply a paycheck that wouldn't be going anywhere.
>>
Also, pioneer a way to grow horns and tusks inside Petri dishes or something.

Flood the market with the real thing, remove demand, save animals, make a fortune.

Everyone wins.
>>
>>31928810
why does the preservation of endangered animals have to a
>lol! >libtard! XD position?
>>
>>31928810
>Unironically thinking like this

Don't have to be a fucking liberal to believe in conversation of value species in a way that makes sense. Shit I wouldn't even necessarily be opposed to hunting them if their population was healthy, but letting them go extinct, watching Africans destroy yet another natural resource because of their severe stupidity...
>>
>>31928810

More like

>/k/
>somehow not wanting to kill things
>>
>>31928900
Now this shit I like. It'd be great to add a poison or irritant to that whatever dick cream "aphrodisiac" bullshit the Chinese love so much will cause them deserved pain
>>
File: 1475053360654.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475053360654.gif
1MB, 305x360px
>>31928688
>>31928900
>>31928911
>>31928922
Nice get thread
>>
>>31928884
Rich people already know that the animal products are entirely placebo based. They just buy the tusks and horns for the exotic factor of it being from a wild animal. Growing the products in labs would not remove the black market economy.
>>
>>31928939
But it might drive the price down... I think you're missing the point. If they don't know what's legit and what's synthetic then that WILL kill demand, or at least hurt the pockets of the poachers
>>
This thread reminded me I have a jade elephant with ivory tusks.
>>
>>31928956
I agree that's a good point.
>>
>>31928862

You didn't read my post.

FORMER poachers. Once they were able to sustain themselves another way, they stopped. Conservation organizations hire them specifically because one less poacher, and one more anti poacher that knows the ins and outs of the trade.

Frame the question another way: what kind of man would you be if your kids were going hungry and you weren't willing to go kill an animal for them?
>>
>>31928911

It's pretty clear that you've done no research into the status of elephants whatsoever. This really is a huff post 5 facts you need to know tier thread.
>>
>>31928972
You're a tremendous faggot if there's enough ivory for pistol grips, the ivory is legal and you're not considering getting it done.
>>
>>31928773
Obviously you can't just turn up and take up arms to kill poachers in another country. They have their own police, military and rangers. You would be a criminal and rightfully killed / arrested.

Frankly a wealthy American who dreams of killing impoverished Africans who are harvesting the only natural resource they have access to in order to provide for their families is much more "degenerate" than said Africans. That's why people suggest you are a liberal, because you do not value human life and think it's OK to kill people who offend your personal subjective set of values.

The fact you even posted this half brained nonsense shows you have done hardly any research and do not even understand the ethical issues you claim to be railing against.
>>
>>31929012
>Obviously you can't just turn up and take up arms to kill poachers in another country
Obviously you can. Let's start with Zimbabwe. Also
>Africans
>Humans
>>
>>31928900
You think subhumans who don't realize it's just keratin are after it because of its chemical composition? No. They want it because it's a horn from an exotic animal.
>>
>>31929356
/Thread
>>31929012
You seem to be missing the point here, and you seem fully triggered by this discussion.

If you don't think you're a liberal then you should do some work trying to figure out why you get so triggered at a thread obviously meant as either bait or just nonsense that you begin to create your own narrative of the OPs intentions...
>>
>>31929356
>Whites
>Zimbabwe
>Not getting raped and slaughtered
>>
File: 1475687737806.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475687737806.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>31929696
yes, and?
a bunch of amaciated dindus wouldn't be able to stand up to a white+black revolutionary uprising today, and the bazingas would be more than happy to hop aboard if it meant returning the country to one that could actually feed its people. Nice attempt at bait though, better luck next time champ.
>>
>>31928902
Because the ass spurgs on here try so hard, they think anything that isn't being a complete jackass = being soft.
Ignore them. Hell, a chunk of /k/ doesn't even have guns.
>>
>>31928922
>the Chinese love so much

And are willing to pay big money for genetic testing just to make sure it's real elephant tusk or rhino horn. Lab grown stuff probably won't fool them.
>>
>>31929402
This. It's like synthetic diamonds. Go ahead and buy one, but don't tell your wife because even if chemically and physically there is no difference, she'll get pissed and hop back on the cock carousel if she's not already on it.
>>
>>31928625
Owning ivory is legal but selling it isnt. So try setting up a sting operation saying you will pay top dollar.

Also a lot of elephant poaching is done in east asia.
>>
>>31928625

Join an African country's army.
>>
>>31929402

Dude that's rare as hell.

Most Americans don't even realize there's almost no real butter in their grocery stores butter section.

China is the same way.

They even have counterfeit eggs and fake grapes in China.
>>
>>31928625

They don't usually want non Kaffirs there. Even though I'm White and am from South Africa, even if I was Rambo him, chances are I'd still get told no due to my skin.

You're better off sending a donation.
>>
I've met a guy who did the whole safari thing I think his was called Nugudu safaris or something like that his name was anders or something cool dude if youre lucky and they run into some poachers they'll let you execute them yourself at no extra charge some people do it and some dont
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.