[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clayshooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: clayshooting.jpg (66KB, 940x409px) Image search: [Google]
clayshooting.jpg
66KB, 940x409px
Do any of you /k/ommandos participate in this noble sport? If so, which gun do you use? Posting pics is always appreciated.
>>
File: xtrema2.jpg (8KB, 500x107px) Image search: [Google]
xtrema2.jpg
8KB, 500x107px
I use a beretta xtrema2 with the hydrolic kickoff stock. Holy fuck I love this gun. It's probably the best xmas present I ever got. I was like 13 I think and starting to shoot skeet competitions so my parents wanted to get me into a gun that was better than my cheap "remington" spartan 310. I love that gun too but it's so nice to shoot that beretta. It fires 3 1/2" magnum loads for turkey hunting too.

What do you shoot OP?
>>
That's about what all of by friends and family do, we shoot clays more than target shooting.

I use Remington 887 nitromag but I want to get something different
>>
>>31926195
A Miroku Over/Under.
Tried using my SxS coach gun once, but it's better for brush hunting and as a "truck" gun.
>>
>>31926765
Nice gun anon! I wish my parents were into shooting... Started out earlier this year with my brother. Now I'm thinking of buying a Mossberg Silver Reserve... Do or don't?
>>
File: 20161107_085728.jpg (4MB, 3771x1160px) Image search: [Google]
20161107_085728.jpg
4MB, 3771x1160px
>>31926195
An old 1100 12ga that I love. Technically it's my dad's but it lives with me since he never shoots it anymore and I go clay shooting at least once every other month. It's heavy as hell, but I actually like the weight.

I'm actually looking to buy one of my own. I rented a Beretta A400 on my bday earlier this year and didn't really like it. For some reason it didn't feel as well made as the 1100, but that might've been because of the weight. Looking at Benelli as well, there's a Montefeltro Silver with gold inlay on the scrollwork I really like.
>>
It's been a long time but it got me into shotguns. I used an 870 for years and tried a Beretta 1301 and Weatherby. The 870 is the only pump I'd bother trying it with because the action is so smooth and fast, but there is that extra .3 second delay to the followup that hurts if you are serious about it.

I think what turned me off of it was that the only place in my city to compete at the time was the NRA range and they were such monumental assholes I never went back.
>>
Used to.

Got tired of the elitist fudds that plague the events.
>>
I shoot skeet casually. Might be moving up to competitively once I get a new gun.

Currently using a SKB Model 700 Trap
>>
>>31927152
Youre the kid that showed up with some shitty plastic mossberg 500 arent you?
>>
File: P1060596.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
P1060596.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>31926195
I do trap and skeet more than anything at a weekly local club with 5-10 guys. Sporting clays is the most fun but it's kindof expensive and those places are further away. I get out to sporting clays once or twice a year usually.
>If so, which gun do you use?
Only the most elegant clay gun in existence.
>>
Sporting clays with coworkers using a KSG. Troll fudds and turn heads.

Definitely need to buy the choke adapter tho.
>>
>>31926195
I like trap and skeet
>>
>>31926195

What's the difference between trap, skeet and sporting clays?
>>
>>31927569
http://www.fieldandstream.com/answers/guns/shotguns/shooting-tips/whats-difference-between-skeet-trap-and-sporting-clays
>>
>>31927550
I actually really enjoy shootig skeet eith my HD pump.
>>
>>31926195
I mostly do English Sporting Clays, and alternate between a Beretta Silver Pigeon and a Benelli M2.
>>
>>31927033
Thanks, never thought I'd own such a fine shotgun. I'd say do, I've shot a friend's and it was decent.

Clays are all about getting on the birds fast and making it muscle memory so the important thing is to have a gun that fits you comfortably. Length of pull (distance from the back of the stock to the trigger) is the most important measurement imo. It's worth having your stock cut if it's too long or put a pad on it to lengthen. You find your correct length of pull by bending your arm 90deg at the elbow, lay the gun on its side over your forearm and put the stock in the crutch of your elbow. The length of pull is correct when that causes your finger to land on the trigger as if you were shooting.

It's a fun sport, and the people are usually pretty decent, albeit fuddy.
>>
Trap and skeet here. Got a cz wingshooter elite. I do need to buy more chokes. Really want to run double skeet
>>
>>31930308

Thanks for the advice, I'll take this into account when I'll buy my first shotgun. Really looking forward to it!
>>
>>31927354
Perfect shotgun for the job
>>
I enjoy trap and skeet.
>>
>>31930820
>Looking forward to shooting clay meme-targets instead of hunting quail like a real man

Step up your game famalam!
>>
File: tay.jpg (94KB, 540x454px) Image search: [Google]
tay.jpg
94KB, 540x454px
>>31930881
>not doing both
>>
File: 1476915787533.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1476915787533.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>31930881
>implying shooting clays isn't just a fun way to practice quail or pidgeon shooting off season
>implying 90% of people who shoot clays don't do it to either practice for the real thing, or because they would do the real thing but it's off season, if not both
>implying there's anything wrong with just enjoying shooting clays as a stand-alone thing because you like exercising the technical skills it requires

fucking autistic purity spirals everywhere
>>
tbqh I enjoy shooting clays with my shotgun as much as shooting targets with a rifle or pistol.

I'd even go so far as to say that I get a hell of a lot more fun out of each trigger pull than I do plinking with an AR.
>>
Put a choke on my ksg.

Shoot clays next to the fags with the $2000 over understand.

Do fairly well.
>>
Mostly just trap, but I shoot skeet and sporting clays whenever I get the opportunity.
Browning BPS and I have no desire to get anything different
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.