[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22 lr for self defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: p22.jpg (56KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
p22.jpg
56KB, 940x600px
Ok /k/ I need your help with a "hypothetical".
Lets hypothetically say I live in a hypothetical country where everyone was a cuck and keeping arms for self defense was not allowed.
Let´s say in this hypothetical country I was able to get a .22 handgun for target shooting but I hypothetically thought about home-defense and carry (in dangerous situations). What would be a good, hypothetical choice then?
I thought about pic related, a Walther P22. Is it reliable enough?

Btw this is all really just hypothetical, please don´t kick in my door Gestapo.
>>
Btw I am aware that .22 is less than ideal for this purpose, but if you have nothing else, it sure as hell beats bear fists.
>>
My walther p22 has been great and never given me issues, even with cheap ammo. There are people on the internet who claim their slide cracked or their pistol is picky about cheap ammo. They'll probably be along shortly to tell you it's a terrible gun. This has not been my experience at all.

A revolver might be a good idea if the round didn't go off because you could pull the trigger again instead of re-racking the slide. If you could find a larger legal centerfire round that might be a better idea.
>>
File: IMG_2512.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2512.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
The ruger SR 22 is a better handgun, IMO. I've shot both.

Also, most fatal casualties by firearms were from a .22 in the US

.22 absolutely will kill and stop a threat. I
>>
>>31926001
I can have larger calibers but not in a small package that would be viable for concealed carry. For home defense I´ll definitely get something larger, I can even have an AR-15. The main constraint is with 1. size in a handgun and 2. budget. I´m still a university student and the whole process here has bled me dry (over 2000 € so far and I still have no gun). I frankly can´t afford anything else than a .22 for now.

But thanks for the answer.
>>
>>31926006
Thanks, I will look into the SR22. Is there any significant difference in functionality, or is it just more reliable?
>>
>>31926022
Ruger is more reliable, tighter shooting, easier to disassemble, and better placed controls
>>
>>31926001
I have the first generation p22. It's not picky on ammo and the slide did break after about 10,000 rounds. But S&W promptly replaced it for free, no questions. The new ones don't have the slide issue. I think it's a great gun, accurate, compact and a blast suppressed.
>>
>>31926098
Thank you for the input
>>
File: Yao Guai Gauntlet.jpg (60KB, 1014x789px) Image search: [Google]
Yao Guai Gauntlet.jpg
60KB, 1014x789px
>>31925981
> it sure as hell beats bear fists.
I dunno...
>>
The issue isn't with the guns, it's the inherent unreliability of the .22lr ammo itself. We've all been out plinking and have had the occasional round that just won't go off. You don't want a rimfire dud in a critical situation.
>>
Im not OP.

What is /k/'s opinion on .22 or 9mm rubber less lethal rounds. Or rounds with Pepper in them to burn their eyes.

Was considering getting pistol with less lethal ammunition, so if someone ever did break in, i could put the fear of god in them but hopefully not kill them.
>>
>>31927284
>falling for the nonlethal meme
So you just want to piss off your attacker even more. Prepare your anus to get raped even harder.
>>
>>31927284
If you use a non lethatl or less than lethal round for self defense against someone they will sue you and win. Ive asked several cops this same exact question and they have all told me to just regular ammunition.If you are determined to not kill someone then your best bet it using a tasr if you have one, or perhaps a bat. Although little beats an actual firearm for self defense in a break in situation, even if you dont have to use it, a gun commands respect that a bat simply does not.
>>
>>31927328
ok. so that is stupid.
Here im trying to be mister nice guy understanding that if a person is doing crime they are likely in a shit place in their life and Id want them to get help to fix their problems and I wouldnt want to End them.............. but then they could sue me into Oblivion for being lucky enough to break into my house..........

ok, so which Shotgun round would be best to break or shred someone's legs so i can pretend I intended to kill them but missed.
>>
>>31927359
Yeah i wholeheartedly agree but less than lethal rounds show forethought or premeditation in the eyes of prosecution. People have been prosecuted for having customized dust covers on their AR's before. see this article (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjm9-6_hJfQAhXB4CYKHazvC7sQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetruthaboutguns.com%2F2016%2F03%2Frobert-farago%2Fcops-ar-15-dust-cover-inscription-used-against-him-in-court%2F&usg=AFQjCNEc2VmfRSP1L6xM8oN7Ctao1f_gaw&sig2=pY7-oCqBDTEt63Gp7N9zlw)
To answer your question m8, your best bet is to go with super light bird load but any shotgun load at close range is devastating. Not to be morbid but something like a 22lr or 9mm to th stomach is very survivable with a quick EMT response
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.