[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NZ legal pipe gun / home made weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

ok boys so i found out that pipe guns are 100% legal here in NZ if they comply with A category firearms licensing
must be over 30''
but im unsure of what i want to make, tossing it up between .410 and 12g
but seems to be a bit of dispute in what pipe to use and what shells i can use in them
any help would be much appreciated

PS: homemade general
>>
>>31925469
>but seems to be a bit of dispute in what pipe to use and what shells i can use in them
you use whatever pipes you can get your hands on that are the right dimensions
if you have the option avoid galvanized pipes since they get toxic when heated
if thats all you have just use galvanized its not like its fatal
you are going to need some files to clean up the inner seam
cut with a hacksaw do not use pipecutters since they flare the barrel
>>
>>31925491
the only thing i was worried about was the pipe splitting down the seam, what are the chances realistically
(pic is a home made mace OC)
>>
>>31925536
>the only thing i was worried about was the pipe splitting down the seam, what are the chances realistically
not much the pipe you end up with is like 2-3 times thicker than a real shotguns barrel and youve got a second pipe over it with even more thickness
the real danger is your endcap blasting backwards or having a loose grip on the receiver pipe and having that fly backwards
>>
>>31925536
I'd take a guess and say that'd be a risk with rifle cartridges, but something like a .410 should be okay because it's got a lot less pressure.
>>
>>31925469
What is the process to gun ownership like in NZ ?
>>
File: IMG_2992.jpg (306KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2992.jpg
306KB, 1600x1200px
>>31925548
that's what i figured, but was just a bit worried
>>31925547
is there anyway around the end cap problem?
>>
File: 1467844824600.jpg (134KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467844824600.jpg
134KB, 541x960px
>>31925469

There's a channel on youtube called RoyalNoneSuch. It's some twiggy kid with a very rich dad that violates safety protocol all day and makes lots of home made weapons.

He has several very good low-cost pipe shotguns, and I believe he describes the materials and manufacturing process. Give it a look, it will help a lot. There are lots and lots of tutorials on youtube, look up "Ten Dollar Shotgun" for the most typical styles we like to make and shoot here in the US.

Hope you can make something legal and fun that lasts you a long ass time. Cheers.

>Pic unrelated, naturally.
>>
>>31925561
piss easy desu
love it
you sit a little 100Q test and then the local cop comes and makes sure you're not mental then you can buy anything with in your fire arm category
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_licence_(New_Zealand)
>>
>>31925565
>is there anyway around the end cap problem?
use good components(no pvc or other bullshit) make sure its actually tight
weld it on or you could drill a hole and stick a bolt though everything if you wanted to be really sure you could use that excess bolt as an attachment point for a stock
>>
>>31925582
cont
the only issue we have is people don't want to talk about guns in a public light
so unfortunately we wont see change in our gun laws for a LONG time
(pic is my spud gun)
>>
File: DSCF0003.jpg (695KB, 3071x2303px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0003.jpg
695KB, 3071x2303px
>>31925469
A few years ago a guy adapted a Stirling .22lr semi auto into a Steyr AUG BB gun shell. (The same way people have put 10/22s in P90 shells)

He tried to register it and the police wouldn't accept it. Without an 'engineers report' but the engineer wouldn't accept it until the police accepted it. Then the police wouldn't leave him alone until he destroyed it.

Police here are fucking retarded when it comes to firearms, they would rather you had none, so who the fuck told you, you could make your own?
>>
>>31925624
heard it from a few people before
but im not gonna lie its mostly other forum posts
>>
>>31925572
Is that airsoft? If not, what is it/price?
>>
>>31925636

I actually don't know, my friend. I build ARs but saved this because I like the aesthetics. The logo on the stock is the Izhevsk roll mark, so I'd assume it's a real centerfire AK and not an Airsoft gun. I don't know how much parts compatibility an airsoft marker or whatever they're called would have with an actual rifle.
>>
>>31925636
thats a heavily modified saiga
>>
>>31925624

The 10/22 in a P90 shell is, I think, just a lookalike made by Archangel like the Marauder G36 and M4 style chassis. This is really cool, though. I didn't realize dressing up a scattergat was so easy to do.
>>
>>31925469
Ignore these fuckers:
>>31925491
>>31925547
>>31925548
They make seamless pipe, so use it. Don't be a fucking jew and risk injury just so you can save some money. It's not like you absolutely need the gun right here and now to justify taking a stupid shortcut like that.
>>
File: 1437134174558.jpg (55KB, 498x489px) Image search: [Google]
1437134174558.jpg
55KB, 498x489px
>>31925469
You'll also need to stamp a serial number into it, just a 1 will suffice.

>>31925582
Theres also the character interviews (friends, family/spouse) which count for a lot more than people really give credit for.

>>31925624
If he manufactured a MSSA in his garage, I could see why the police might take issue with it, if he made it A-cat compliant theres nothing they could really do...
Still they can a pain to deal with, depending on your area.
>>
>>31925624
Haha stirling model 20s make great pistols i hear....
>>
>>31925819

This. Smooth pipe is the ONLY kind of material you should work with, and even then with extreme attention paid to the evenness of the barrel. If you're not in a gulag trying to make propellant out of match heads to kill the guard with, there's no reason to make a slapped together ghetto blaster that could easily blow up and maim you. If done right, a slambang shotgun can be a really well put-together defensive option. Loading quickly is as easy as putting a new shell in, flipping the barrel, and blasting the old shell out once it's spent. Compared to my single shot break-action 12 gauge, it's actually faster.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.