[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (32KB, 499x525px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
32KB, 499x525px
No, seriously what the actual fuck is this shit?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle

This is a bolt action rifle trying to be an AR-15, why the fuck would anyone even buy into this?

>Shit ass optic
>Combined with just as shit ass Iron sights 90% of the time
>Short as fuck useless barrel that ruins ballistics in exchange for trying to be a tactical rifle
And if you want to argue that 200 ft/lbs of energy doesnt matter you're a loser
>Tacticool sling
>gimmicky concept made by an instructor who NEVER saw combat in his life (people will ACTUALLY defend this, its amazing)
>claims to be a gun that can do everything somehow
>shit at long range
>fucking ludicrously inadequate for close range

How did anyone with half a brain-stem let this catch on?
>>
>>31925362
Anon the scout rifle concept isn't a combat rifle.

it's a rifle for the bush, against animals.
>>
>>31925362
I'm going to need sauce on the snakes
>>
>>31925372
>cut off barrel
>terrible scope
>gimmick sling

so... its a just as awful hunting rifle?

I fail to see how this gives it any saving grace
>>
File: 1477976132905.gif (677KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
1477976132905.gif
677KB, 255x170px
>>31925362
rip in peace snek
>>
>>31925372
>Anon the scout rifle concept isn't a combat rifle.
Going to have to differ with you on that one. It's an all-rounder, and that specifically includes the battlefield. Colonel Cooper specifically said so.
>>
>>31925362
Wtf

You haven't played CounterStrike in LAN shops 16 years ago when it was released?
>>
>>31925382
>I fail to see how this gives it any saving grace

It's a jack of all trades hunting rifle. It's not big and heavy and too long distance'd out so that you can't hit anything that's too close, and it's not iron sights so where you're really fucked beoynd 200 yards.

Furthermore, you're talking about a design and a designation that was made in the 1980s.

>>31925391
>Going to have to differ with you on that one. It's an all-rounder, and that specifically includes the battlefield. Colonel Cooper specifically said so.

Then he's speaking in 1980s battlefield terms, because showing up to any battlefield with a 5 shot bolt action against anyone with a MSR, is a really bad idea these days.
>>
File: 1473976190381.jpg (29KB, 582x377px) Image search: [Google]
1473976190381.jpg
29KB, 582x377px
>>31925362
>not accepting Jeff Coopers word as Gospel beside that of only John Moses Browning

Reported, Saged, Hidden, called the cops.

Dont ever post your degeneracy ever again
>>
>>31925362
Snakeception.
>>
>>31925404
>It's a jack of all trades hunting rifle.
No it's a neutered hunting rifle, hell a hunting rifle with a sturdy modern optic would do everything cooper's shitty concept would need.

>It's not big and heavy and too long distance'd out so that you can't hit anything that's too close,
isnt that the point of a hunting rifle is to be light?

and how is cranking a common scope down to 3x long distance?

20 inches is suddenly too long?

>Furthermore, you're talking about a design and a designation that was made in the 1980s.

Shit was retarded even in the 80s and you know it, tripcode chocolate man
>>
>>31925424
>Shit was retarded even in the 80s and you know it, tripcode chocolate man

Probably, but I wasn't around in the early 80s, rifles aren't my thing, and the steyer scout I handled was nice.

Not 2,000 Dollars nice, but nice.

>isnt that the point of a hunting rifle is to be light?

Yep, but we're talking about an era where plastics on hunting rifles was NEW, if available at all. Wood is heavy.
>>
>>31925453
>plastics on hunting rifles was NEW, if available at all. Wood is heavy.

>wood
>heavy

have you... have you even held a wood hunting rifle?...

There's barely any difference when you get the right wood.

Hunting rifles are popular for a reason they dont need the tacticool shit to touch it in the wrong way. Keep it the way it was meant to be for hunting or accurize it for the bench, it isnt meant to be an AR-15 and it wont be.
>>
>>31925372
Ol..... Colonel Jeff Cooper came up with this shit tier idea..... and every Cooper fanboy has cuffed themselves to this dead hooker since......... Because Jeff Cooper.

It was never a thing...... Jeff Cooper came up with this wondershit idea after some post WW2 brushfire war in Africa.... Thought scouts would have the advantage over regular troops with AK-47s...... Because they would have more accurate aimed fire.
>>
>>31925404
No..... Colonel Cooper actually intended this to be carried by infantry scouts..... post WW2.

It is Steyr, their version anyway.... trying to sell it as a hunting rifle.... telling you it is a hunting rifle.
>>
>>31925466
>There's barely any difference when you get the right wood.

This sounds like you're cherry-picking data.

Most stocks are made with birch or oak. Both of these are heavier than their polymer counterparts.

The average wood stock is heavier than the average polymer stock.

>Hunting rifles are popular for a reason they dont need the tacticool shit to touch it in the wrong way.

Hunting rifles(By which I'm going to assume you're talking about bolt action rifles) are popular because they're cheap, some states straight up disallow certain kinds of rifles for hunting and/or features present on said disallowed rifles, the bolt action makes it easier to use higher pressure loads/more powerful loadings(I'd hate to shoot a 700 Remington Mag in a semi auto), are more available in "Hunting calibers", such as .270, 243, .300 Winmag, ect, and they can be made more accurate for less money than a semi-auto.

It has absolutely nothing to do with anything tacticool.
>>
Jeff Cooper was a low functioning alcoholic fudd and it shows in his "scout rifle" concept.

Even back in the 80's he was a laughing stock and his thoughts and opinions were chiefly for mall ninjas and others in the autism spectrum.
>>
>>31925396
>>31925362
its for tagging, its no AWP
>>
File: 1427855690839.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427855690839.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>31925492
>>31925505

>...

Fucking stop it

Stop
>>
>>31925404

Yeah...... Cooper was an old, old man with old man ways......

He is touted as THE GUN GURU about fighting .45s.

He seriously thought that the Infantry Scouts would prevail post WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam carrying these.
>>
>>31925506
>700 Remington Mag

7mm Rem Mag.
>>
>>31925512
You shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>31925519
>fighting .45s.

As someone who carries and owns multiple 1911s, I don't get this.

I like the 1911, I carry a 1911 on many occasions, but it is not the "Pinnacle of the fighting handgun"

Most of his talk does really read like he's preaching to the choir on that.
>>
>>31925512

Seconded, He was God...... to the Guns & Ammo Fudds....... Muh NiNETEEN Uh.Leven.... gonna choot choo.

Thunder Ranch and all that.

He is the "Four Fundamentals of Gun Safety" originator...... But, looking at the Fudds that cycled through his Ranch...... You know why.
>>
>>31925542
>....... Muh NiNETEEN Uh.Leven.... gonna choot choo.

MAKE IT STOP

MAKE IT FUCKING STOP PLEASE NO MORE

NO FUCKING MORE

GO BACK TO BED GRANDPA, STOP RUINING MY GUN BOARDS
>>
>>31925540
He made most of his fortune..... as a gun writer.

So ...... Yeah, in a time between Wars.... and any theory didn't need to be proven..... it was the Cold War time too..... So yeah...

Nuns & Blammo, Soldier of Fiction, American Survival Gunk, ...... Yeah...... Notice after all these wars noone even whispers......jeff.... jeff...... it didn't work.. why jeff?
>>
>>31925362
>Higher than standard caliber DMR
>bad

u wot m8?
>>
>>31925552
I'm 45..... See.....Who's your Daddy?
>>
File: 1408470450253.png (790KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1408470450253.png
790KB, 792x792px
>>31925519
>>31925542
>>31925554
>>31925559
FUCKING SEE
>>31925516
>>
File: Doggered.jpg (33KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Doggered.jpg
33KB, 960x960px
>>31925554
>noone even whispers......jeff.... jeff...... it didn't work.. why jeff?
>>31925559
>I'm 45..... See.....Who's your Daddy?
>>
>>31925362
This little fairy tale began long ago.......

The Darwinian evolution of a shit sandwich began with a little article in a Fudd barbershop quality rootin tootin muh guns a shooting ......Ragazine.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5Y_kQZN7iTM/TnZVQJs7AeI/AAAAAAAABAk/LppQsNlzrI4/s1600/scan0020.jpg
>>
>>31925362
Is that snake okay? PLS SAUCE STORY.
>>
>>31925404
.Then he's speaking in 1980s battlefield terms, because showing up to any battlefield with a 5 shot bolt action against anyone with a MSR, is a really bad idea these days.

This partly explained because..... Colonel Jeff Cooper was a Fudd...... and the Assault Weapons Ban (the possibility) was talking about......... Ol Bill Ruger was a Fudd... and looking for a way to fuck over gun owners with a semi auto, so he could sell more cowboy guns.

The AR patent was still owned by Colt and the U.S. government... oh the days when these were $250 to $300 new.

The Glock 17 was the plastic terrorists pistol and most police were carrying .45s or a .357 revolver.

Yeah..... if you were a real man.... You carried an Elmer Keith combat .44 Magnum......like a man.
>>
>>31925466
>>31925492
>>31925519
>>31925542
>>31925554
>>31925590
Do you need a tampon for all those periods? Jesus tittyfucking Christ you're typing, not speaking autistic ramblings.
>>
File: no.jpg (37KB, 1902x882px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
37KB, 1902x882px
>>31925388
>>
>>31925638
You speaking...... I can't tell around that large cock your gargling.
>>
>>31925630
>because showing up to any battlefield with a 5 shot bolt action against anyone with a MSR, is a really bad idea these days
So not only are you irredeemably autistic, you're wrong and don't understand what a niche is. Otherwise there would be nothing but assault rifles in military inventory, which even a glance can tell you is not the case. The fucking Remington 700 still sees service to this very day as a military rifle as the M40.

A gun battle within the assault rifle's effective range is not the niche of a bolt gun of any kind, even the scout rifle concept.

I should also note that Cooper never specified a bolt gun, it's just that autoloaders tend to be heavier than what he specified. If you made a .308 AR light and small enough, it would meet the ideal.
>>
>>31925696
Three tours in Iraq tells me .....and the U.S. Army agrees...... bolt actions have to go.

See also DMR rifle (M16A4)... and the Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle... SASS.

The M24 sniper rifle (M700 fudd approved) is a sniper rifle....... Yep..... very specific niche......not something a scout expecting close combat carries.
>>
Someone...please.... tell..... him to stop....

It's giving me fucking cancer.
>>
>>31925696
Further........ when this shit stain was relevant....... in WW2.....U.S. Scouts carried M1 Carbines and M1 Thompsons, Commonwealth scouts carried Thompsons and Stens, Germans carried MP 40s, any captured subguns, and STG44s. Ivan carried PPsh41s and 43s......

The idea was irrelevant before the alcoholic hack had idea to sell more shit to other fudds while trying to pass a kidney stone.

It was stupid then and stupid now.
>>
MUH SCOUT RAIFLE CONCEPT is pure autism. There are people who make their living by using bolt action rifles in high stress situations - military, LEO'S, and in particular, PH's and dangerous game guides.

None of them use "scout" rifles. They offer nothing in form or function over a standard sporter.
>>
Anon you've triggered me with all your ellipses.
>>
>>31925696
What is the range of an assault rifle, in your world?

In my world, an assault rifle reaches out to 600 comfortably.

A DMR or other Sniper system reaches out from there to 2000.

>>31925708

We used AI in .338, M110's, SPR's.

Problem with the M24, and why we didn't have them, is it's not super easy to mount a night vision or thermal optic on the front of the glass unless you've got a weapon designed to be used in the 2000's.

I looked at a pic of Jeff Cooper shooting, I now understand why all the old people I see shoot like fucking idiots.
>>
>>31925696
Less than 6.6 fucking pounds? That's literally the weight of an M4. Let's get real here, a good AR10 at 7.2 pounds unloaded is already a miracle before optics and the only rifle I see getting close is the SF-MATEN.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.