[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

What are good, yet affordable brands for gun safes and storage?

How do you store your firearms?

Should you invest in a safe, and how much should you spend?

Gun storage general
>>
Spend as much as you're comfortable spending. My safe cost $400 on sale. Its contents cost a lot more than that. Safe snobs will say that you need to spend at least $1000 for a good safe but if you bolt it to the wall/floor it'll do the job of defeating most intruders who are looking for easy targets. Yes they can hack their way into it with an axe or saw through it but a determined attacker can do that to many, many safes.
>>
>>31925231

Brands of safes are irrelevant then? Are electronic safes worth the extra money?
>>
>>31925241
Always check on reviews of the product before you buy, one of the best ways to deter thieves is to make the safe out of sight, in a closet or the basement for example, preferably down or at least up a flight of stairs, and basically what >>31925231 said.

Another way is to never tell anyone you have guns who you don't trust, don't go advertising what you own, when you get the safe try to be discreet about it and get it inside before dindus see you.

Don't let anyone of your friends or family who isn't trust worthy know where the safe is, or the contents either, loose lips sink ships, so just don't tell any of the females of your family desu.
>>
>>31925241
And if it isn't obvious, having the safe in a closet or other enclosed location makes it harder to use any kind of pry bar, torch, or sledge hammer.
>>
>>31925201
SecureIt’s Model 52 gun cabinet is a solid choice for only $600 https://www.secureittactical.com/sporting/model-52/
>>
As long as it is bolted to the wall and floor so an attacker can't tip it over and use leverage with a long pry bar it'll do the job in most cases. If your attacker is prepared with tools and has the uninterrupted time then there's not much your safe alone can do (alarm, cameras, dogs, insurance will back up the safe). If you happen to have tools in your garage that could give the attacker entry into your safe well... hide the tools, or put them in a safe or job box too. The main thing you're trying to do is make it too much of a hassle to get into whatever is in the safe for a thief.

Electronic safes are more convenient but there's the risk of them breaking which means you're then shit out of luck but a decent one will have a backup entry method. Mine came with a combo lock.
>>
>>31925264
Everything this anon said is good advice.

I built a small room around mine. It's big enough for a bench, a cabinet and my safe. Even if someone finds it there isn't a lot of room to work and no room above it.
>>
>>31925264

The females in my family are based as fuck, and so are the males.

Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have thought of a lot of this
>>
>>31925283

I Am Canadian
>>
>>31925377
Congratulations
>>
A nigger can't steal what he doesn't know is there and he can't find. Meaning, out of sight is the most important thing. If he sees a safe, he WILL tell his pack about it and they WILL do what they can to take it. Guns hidden inside a simple wall panel that you haven't told anyone about are more secure than a gun cabinet or even a safe in the middle of a room.

And never, ever tell anyone about your guns or where they are, especially fucking women
>>
What do those of you who are living in an apartment do to secure your guns?
>>
>>31925609
since construction isn't allowed you're going to have to hide in plain sight with things like those bookshelves and coffee tables that hide guns
>>
>>31925609
I live on the second floor so I'm at least slightly less likely to be hit by a dindu incursion, but I have them in a large gun cabinet in my bedroom. I'd put it in my giant closet, but said closet connects via flimsy door to my bathroom which has poor ventilation and I'd prefer not to have all my guns rust shut in a week.

Mostly, I secure my guns by being at home with them all the damn time.
>>
>>31925609
I live on the third floor and currently my shit is all on a fucking guitar rack. pistol on the desk AK leaning against a wall

I give 0 shits. a safe is in the works, but getting that thing up 3 flights of stairs is gonna be fun.
>>
>>31925670
My friend bought a locker and screwed it into the closet. He had to drill a hole first and use machine screws cause the "studs" are steel. He just locks it with a pad lock. It's not great but he had the locker already.
>>
My house came with a gun safe when i bought it, big old thing probably weighs like 600 pounds.

I keep a single sheet of paper with "Nice try faggot" written on it inside. My guns are hidden in the walls and inside of a magnetically locked hidden compartment in my desk.
>>
Look for a safe with a UL rating. UL tests safes to see how long it takes to get into them using power tools and axes.

This page explains all of the different ratings, just scroll to the bottom http://www.amsecusa.com/burglary-ratings-explained/
>>
>>31925594

So the price is going to vary significantly per safe
This one might not even be available. Use some intuitive thinking or fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>31925241
Make sure you have a mechanical back up to open the safe. Electronics fail all the time, I've been there.
>>
>>31925201
>good, yet affordable brands for gun safes
None. Either spend $2k+ or accept that your safe can be beaten in 10 minutes by two men with prybars
>>
File: 2015-05-31 16.27.04.jpg (50KB, 242x330px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-31 16.27.04.jpg
50KB, 242x330px
>>31925718
>blacklivesmatter breaks in
>finds safe in basement
>fails to notice cameras
>gets into safe after hard work
>steals sheet of paper with words
YFW
>>
File: safe11.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
safe11.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31927824
I second this. You have to spend thousands to get into serious safe category, which is too expensive and/or impractical for most people. Get the best safe you can afford, bolt it down and hide it out of sight. Don't tell anyone about it.

One option is to stalk craigslist or your favorite classifieds source. I was lucky enough to pick this 2000lb 50's fire safe on Craigslist which is where I keep my funs.

good luck
>>
>>31927872
Holy shit, that thing looks great. What brand?
>>
File: safe12.jpg (447KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
safe12.jpg
447KB, 918x1632px
>>31928124
Meilink, US made. I believe it's from the 50's, it has 4 hour fire rating and 20 minute tool resistant. Those numbers however are from before the UL ratings, and are therefore irrelevant by today's standards.
The moral of the story is this: you can find awesome stuff on craigslist people don't need
>>
>>31925697
Would it be a dumb idea to put a high decibel siren into the safe, with a code entry gadget that will give you a few seconds to disarm it and tinnitus treatment to the dindu and scare to all the neighbors after that?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.