[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Bringback guns from US wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

I know that modern day us troops are forbidden legally to bring back weapons captured to the enemy, but de facto do they do it?
Is there any market of smugglers smugling weapons that individual soldiers want to keep as trophies?
Has anyone ever met a veteran who smuggled a gun back to the states as trophy?
Has any soldier managed to bring back non-automatic guns?
Pic related what i would bring back if i where a US soldier.
>>
File: 1474588123817.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
1474588123817.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
This is a Vietnam war AK47 bringback

an actual "AK47" at that.

There was a SEAL some years back that got busted for bringing in AKs and trying to sell them.
>>
>>31923880
Are you a vietnam vet or did you inherit it or it is a random picture that you took here?
So fucking cool.
>>
>>31923844
>do they do it?
there are plenty of instances of people getting caught
>>
>>31923899
And my guess is that there are plenty of soldiers not geting caught.
>>
>>31923898
Random picture. Fuck no a nigga ain't a vietnam vet

Check out this badass shit tho
http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/ak47?set=32&sz=1278x560
>>
>>31923880
He was doing g-ds work for trying to save type 2's, even if for profit.
>>
File: Type56.jpg (36KB, 740x415px) Image search: [Google]
Type56.jpg
36KB, 740x415px
>>31923844
There was an actual Chinese made Type-56, a milled one, which was captured from a Vietcong medic, the guy had the gun papered as a bringback and registered as a machinegun. Recently, the guy got it sold at an auction, the gun was in fantastic condition and it had the story attached, as well as the bringback paperwork. Ian of ForgottenWeapons did a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cqYLdIqmI

Normally, something like this would go for maybe $20 000 or $30 000, maybe more if it has some good historical provenance to it, either way, a pretty good chunk of cash, popular assault rifles which are fully transferable generally do.

The thing is, two rich guys got into a heated bidding war at the auction, and the gun ended up being sold for like $143 000+, and I guess it just goes to show that, sometimes, life will just suck your dick.
>>
>>31923844
>I know that modern day us troops are forbidden legally to bring back weapons captured from the enemy

Just out of curiosity--when did this become an official policy and why? No one had an issue with it back in WWII, after all.
>>
>>31925293
Prolly about 1968.
>>
>>31925293

Sometime after 'Nam.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.