[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get CC license 6 months back because discover /k/ and growing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: 74587456.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
74587456.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>Get CC license 6 months back because discover /k/ and growing migrant influx (Minnesota is now little Somalia)
>wear it every day to work, to friends, errands, ect
>election worms into family discussion and every is pro-hillary and anti-gun
>tell me guns are evil and only deranged inbred hicks carry them daily
>they would never own guns because of the chillin's (4 nieces 1 nephew)
>have been concealing a glock 19 for the better part of half a year without a single person noticing

Keep it a secret or tell everyone I am an insane lunatic that has been carrying a firearm for months and nothing bad has happened?
>>
keep it secret. it'll just cause you grief. feel free to destroy them with logic if you want to make them butthurt though.
>>
File: 1473176986823.gif (67KB, 350x397px) Image search: [Google]
1473176986823.gif
67KB, 350x397px
Keep it secret as your hatred, resentment and bitterness for your "fellows" grows until you can no longer stomach the presence of such weaklings in your domain.
>>
>>31923387

this, they don't need to know OP
>>
>>31923339
Mind sharing how you carry? The fear of someone noticing is one of the things stopping me.
>>
>>31923428
I want to but I get shit for it every damn time
>>
>>31923339
I'd say keep it a secret honestly.

Just don't be surprised when the first person you shoot is some strung out meth head and not a Somalian.
>>
File: 6354634753487.jpg (2MB, 1212x1858px) Image search: [Google]
6354634753487.jpg
2MB, 1212x1858px
>>31923428
>>31923443
I use an urban carry holster. It is a "deep concealment" holster that everyone hates because it requires a 2 hand draw. Sits below the waist so printing isn't nearly as bad. If it does print it just looks like a cell phone or you're hiding your erect dick. I like the ability to conceal without worry more then 100% seal team 6 readiness.
>>
File: 1380302047351.jpg (53KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1380302047351.jpg
53KB, 1024x768px
>>31923757
>glock in a holster without anything covering a trigger
>DEEP CONCEALMENT
Unless you are a retard the only people who will know you are carrying are fellow gun people
>>
File: 1470194819643.png (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470194819643.png
234KB, 1024x768px
>>31923807
And this is why I get shit. I know the trigger isn't secure and the draw is a fucking clown fiesta of tension and release depending if the belt hooks.

>New holster has a magnet to prevent gun catapulting which is nice.

Which is why I carry my glock without one in the pipe.
>>
>>31923757
Holy shit I didn't know anyone actually uses those.

No one notices shit if you carry iwb. Even if you are printing the only people who would notice would be other gun fags.
>>
>>31923823
you're a fucking idiot if you don't carry one in the chamber
>>
>>31923835
Paranoia is more powerful then logic. Before getting into funs I never once ever even began to look at another person's waist or analyze the patterns their pants left.

Now it is all I can think about. Everyone in sight gets a visual patdown.

>>31923837
The risk of blowing off my balls and or kneecap trumps the literal 1/12th of a second it takes to rack the slide. Even with the most limp wristed cerebral palsy enfeebled half racks the round chambers. If and when I move to some shithole that I am in daily fear of my life I will switch to a holster with the best draw speeds and carry loaded. Until then I intent to spend the next 50 years never having to draw in comfort.
>>
>>31923823
So you carry in a joke holster AND you are carrying unloaded?
>>
>>31923875
I was thinking you just needed to get comfortable and then get a real holster but I have changed my mind. Try pepper spray
>>
File: 56785679.png (610KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
56785679.png
610KB, 900x600px
>>31923885
But doctor...I am Pagliacci
>>
>>31923757
thanks for sharing. I will have to consider something like this.
>>31923807
The holsters whole job is to cover the trigger. Do you keep a pocket holster inside your holster?
>>
File: 1469154157389.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
1469154157389.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>31923823
>>
>>31923910
I am incredibly comfortable. I have practiced and practiced drawing/racking/putting 3 shots on target. At this point it is more natural to draw and rack the slide then to draw and fire. Walking around with a live round is far more uncomfortable. The nature of this holster means if I am sitting down I have a loading weapon pointed at anyone sitting across from me.

However unlikely the notice it could go off and murder someone right across from me is far more frightening then a frog hair split second reaction encounter I might be in with armed thugs.

I can carry and become lethal inside of a second. Hardly even a moment behind one in the pipe. Different is I can go throughout my days with no worry of accidental discharge. Statically I am far far far far more likely to hurt a friend then encounter a situation I must draw a weapon. I err on the side of caution.
>>
>>31923823
>>31923875
I'd much prefer a manual safety to israeli carrying. Though I can understand why you feel that way and that you're not in the market for a new gun. Having a loaded gun pointed at your leg can be unnerving.
>>
>>31923837
>>31923823

Carrying a gun is better than not carrying a gun, no matter how it's carried.

If he feels comfortable carrying that way, so be it, I'd much rather let him be comfortable than pressure him into becoming 1337 0PR8TR who carries two VP9s in shoulder quick draw holsters.
>>
>>31923972
Have you practiced one handed racking at all? Might help although with a two handed holster it might not matter very much.
>>
File: 1471832477025.png (318KB, 515x433px) Image search: [Google]
1471832477025.png
318KB, 515x433px
>>31923875
>Before getting into funs I never once ever even began to look at another person's waist
So what makes you think that randos are checking your waist for guns?
>literal 1/12th of a second it takes to rack the slide
Lets play a fun game. You will need a 2 or 3 friends
>Stand in the middle of a room with arms at sides
>one guy gets behind you and gives you a big bear hug
>other guy(s) punch you in the chest
Your goal is to draw, rack and shoot someone.

I also have a single player variant you can try.
>Tape secondary hand to chest
Your goal is to draw, rack and shoot someone.
HARD MODE:
>Tape primary hand to chest

>>31923933
>The holsters whole job is to cover the trigger.
And objects shouldnt be able to bend that holster and pull the trigger
>>
>>31923339

In regards to your shit holster and carry method have you ever used a shot clock to determine exactly how long it takes you from initiation to your first shot getting off. I'm imagining something like 6 seconds with no problems.
>>
File: 798-789-77.jpg (2MB, 3240x2456px) Image search: [Google]
798-789-77.jpg
2MB, 3240x2456px
>>31924014
>Lets play a fun game. You will need a 2 or 3 friends
>Stand in the middle of a room with arms at sides
>one guy gets behind you and gives you a big bear hug
>other guy(s) punch you in the chest
>Your goal is to draw, rack and shoot someone.

I fucking lose. There is no way in hell to draw and fire in that situation. However if I allow myself to be cornered by 3 people before drawing then I have already fucked up beyond redemption and deserved to have my booty plundered.

>I also have a single player variant you can try.
It is a 2 hand draw holster. I accept this. I am not carrying for Die Hard scenarios. I carry for real protection against real threats. If either of the above happen I am better off retreating or playing dead because I am obviously in over my head.
>>
>>31924004
This. I question how many of his critics carry.

Even if they have a permit (if they need one) they probably don't carry most of the time.
>>
>>31923339

Whatever you do, don't tell them.
When they find out your edc is a baby's first gun tier Glock 19, they'll disown you
>>
>>31924018
Beginning to end with both hands free?

2.2 seconds

>left hand goes down and grab shirt
>right hand hooks thumb under belt and pulls out
>left hand grasps upper part of holster with shirt in tow
>left hand pull up to draw pistol above waistline
>right hand grabs grip and pulls free
>left hand releases shirt and holster and grips rear of slip
>right hand pulls forward while left hand pulls back
>right hand puts pistol on target
>left hand comes up to support if round is not fired yet

It really does not take much longer then a regular carry. The longer part is racking the slide which you can do as you pull the weapon clean of the pants. It adds time. In a draw to the death against russian terrorists on Air Force One to protect the President. I would lose. Real life is a bit more forgiving.
>>
>>31924055

Breh, it's not a Die Hard scenario to imagine that you will need to defend yourself because you are a victim of an unprovoked violent physical encounter and it's definitely not unrealistic to imagine you will only have one had available to draw as your other will be scrambling to keep your attacker off you.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/02/06/teen-gets-10-years-for-fatal-punch/
>>
>>31924121
>knockout game
>sucker punch

The only way to prevent this is to look the person in the eye and draw in advance and make them scatter because you are holding a gun. There isn't an operator in the world that can claim they can draw on someone faster then they can sucker punch them if they let them get that close to begin with or don't know they are coming.
>>
>>31923339
Accept the fact that you are outnumbered and that they will not hesitate to corner you if given the chance. Strike now while you are still the good guy.
>>
File: 1381109960761.jpg (50KB, 295x188px) Image search: [Google]
1381109960761.jpg
50KB, 295x188px
>>31924055
>There is no way in hell to draw and fire in that situation.
Draw gun from a reasonable IWB holster, make muzzle to body contact with guy behind you, shoot him where ever
>However if I allow myself to be cornered by 3 people before drawing then I have already fucked up beyond redemption and deserved to have my booty plundered.
Its pretty common for 2 guys to walk towards you and one guy walks up behind you. Big guy behind you grabs you and his buddies close the gap, punch the shit out of you while emptying your pockets.
> I carry for real protection against real threats.
What the fuck do you expect?
>be walking down street eating a nut goodie/wild rice/other minnesota food
>guy jumps out around corner wearing a mask
>"HAND OVER YOUR VALUABLES SIR OR I WILL BE FORCED TO ACCOST YOU!"
>he stands there for 10 minutes while you fumble to pull out your autism holster, chamber it and shoot him
>he drops 10gp and you get +10xp
>>31924116
>2.2 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytJweALgqw

>Real life is a bit more forgiving.
Are you retarded? Go walk around nicollet mall after dark and test your holster out. I dont know what threat that holster is designed for.
>be knocked to ground
>need one hand to keep guy off you
A two handed holster is dumb as fuck.

Go buy a glock 43 and put it in some crosstuck/alien gear/any other standard IWB holster on the hip. Nobody will see it and you will be far more comfortable
>>
>>31924146

No shit, I'm telling you it's silly to think you can avoid all violent encounters and instead of a fatalist attitude of "I guess I'm just fucked" you should have a carry method that would give you a semblance of a chance to defend your life.
>>
>>31924291
>make muzzle to body contact with guy behind you, shoot him where ever

FYI this will cause a signficant amount of guns to fall out of battery so don't get too close.
>>
>>31924328
If you cannot see, you must feel
>>
>>31924315
The semblance of a chance is to draw early and get in trouble because you brandished a weapon before 4 urban yoof good boi 19 year olds church goers that surrounded you.
>>
>>31924291
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytJweALgqw

Good video, but the point I want to make is that this is from more of an LEO perspective. They are engaging with a character to try to determine their intent and potentially apprehend them.

Acting as a citizen, you are not required to engage with that character. They may only come after you if "provoked" in some way.

That's not to say a situation couldn't turn violent without provocation, but it is a different sort of dynamic.
>>
>>31924336
just trying to do a PSA on a little known fact. It's not even that big of a deal. I have plenty of experience rebatterying my pistol due to extensive practice with my taurus brand failure demonstrator but it's not something most people worry about.
>>
>>31923835
I use an Urban Carry on certain occasions as an independent IT contractor. If I have to lift my arms above my head my shirt will rise up and hey-o! it's a Glock 19.

A Glock 42 fits great in an Urban Carry though.
>I carry with one in the pipe in there
>the holster is covered by leather and sealed off, all you cowards need to just examine it closely to see that it works the same as a regular leather holster in that regard
>>
>>31924428
That is, if I'm carrying my G19 in a normal appendix IWB holster, even when I carry it to college every day for years nobody notices, the one thing that will get me is having to reach overhead. Urban Carry solves that.
>>
File: leatherglock.jpg (133KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
leatherglock.jpg
133KB, 700x480px
>>31924409
The point is that people can close physical distance and be on you before you can draw from a meme holster.
>>31924428
>the same as a regular leather holster
>glock
>>
File: 1477657422882-co.jpg (135KB, 643x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477657422882-co.jpg
135KB, 643x600px
>>31924018

>I'm gonna be offended towards you because it's easier that way to act superior and smarter, and I need that so badly

Go to the /pol/ threads
>>
>>31923339
>have been concealing a glock
How do they not notice you taking all those trips to the hospital due to holes in your leg?
>>
I live next door in Wisconsin. I CCW a Beretta 92 and 2 spare mags. I use a SERPA sportster holster. With winter gear on, I can still draw in under a second. I'm not a retard so my finger is not in a hook shape while drawing, and I have good master grip on the weapon after completing the draw.

with a fleece jacket or a winter vest as a cover garment, I've never been made once.
>>
Keep it a secret...

What's the point of a concealed carry if everyone knows about it

It's not an award or badge of honor and nobodies business but your own
>>
>>31924422
>taurus brand failure demonstrator
Okay, that right there is funny.
>>
>>31924631
This

If you tell your retarded family I guarantee you that they will tell other people that you carry, you'll be known as 'that guy' soon enough.
>>
File: 1424586580069.jpg (93KB, 1182x594px) Image search: [Google]
1424586580069.jpg
93KB, 1182x594px
>>31923916
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.