[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the exact metric for measuring a certain army/special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: US-Army.jpg (1MB, 2389x1593px) Image search: [Google]
US-Army.jpg
1MB, 2389x1593px
what's the exact metric for measuring a certain army/special forces' power/competitiveness? (i'm talking about infantry)

does such thing exist?

let's say the average US grunt's powerlevel is 1.0
what would a russian soldier's be compared to that?
what would a Seal or a green beret be compared to that?
>>
Sup, /tg/. Basically, at an individual soldier's level, your upbringing and training are your rolls for ability scores. The better your upbringing, the more fit and intelligent you will be. The better your training and amount of combat experience, the better your combat skills and discipline will be under fire will be.
>>
>does such thing exist?

No.
>>
>>31918008
Russia would be like .5 since a lot of conscripts have low morale from having the shit beat out of them by their own comrades
>>
>>31918124
And raped. Don't forget rape. Prison-style dominance rape is a significantly bigger problem in the Russian military than in the US military.
>>
>>31918069
>tabula rasa
kill yourself
>>
>>31918138
Oh, please. I'm not into that shit. Some people are born stupid, some are born deformed, and vice versa. But a naturally smart child brought up smartly and taught right is going to do much better for themselves than a naturally smart child brought up by a crack whore and a ghetto baby daddy who's in and out of prison. It's a fact. Get over yourself.
>>
>>31918124
>>31918132
>>31918069
also equipment

ruskies don't get issued optics,body armor or NVGs (which is a HUGE power multiplier)
>>
File: image.png (47KB, 669x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47KB, 669x699px
>>31918132
Dubious. Considering how rape in Russian military is just a tired /k/ meme while US Army is a reknown cesspool of bareback degenerates.

You can start posting ukrainian now, it's not like this thread was going to get any better.
>>
>it's a fatniks in disguise thread
>>
>>31918008
I've said it before and I'll say it again. SF are special for a reason, they have specialized training for specialized tasks.

Pound for pound in a full combat situation, they have no edge over an Infantryman. In fact I could argue the opposite, because combat training is all we do.
>>
File: 1462137758316.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1462137758316.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>>31918539
>Pound for pound in a full combat situation, they have no edge over an Infantryman.
are you saying SF and the average grunt are the same in firefights?

are you saying that SF don't get more marksmanship/cqb/handtohand training than the average grunt?
>>
>>31918568
I'm saying they are SF for a reason. That reason isn't conventional warfare.

>More training
What do you think we do all day?

I'd take my old squad up against a team of them any day.w would we come out on top, maybe no maybe yes. Either way you wouldn't see a massive power gap.
>>
>>31918568
But if you have just a basic firefight at range they aren't god tier better shots than every grunt. SF aren't line infantry because they are meant for specialized tasks. If you grabbed all the Army SF/SEALs/Raiders or whatever and had them do the same shit regular infantry do they wouldn't be supremely better than the grunts at it. If anything they'd be worse because their normal tasks aren't walking on patrols and shit.
>>
>>31918627
This. A sf team is a torx screwdriver and an average infantry squad is a Philips
>>
>>31918236
>Considering how rape in Russian military is just a tired /k/ meme
>>
>>31918236
>180 is a relevant sample size.
>>
>>31918008
>burgers
Always deluded always ignorant, always stupid, always being world living meme.
Givin some scores to Soldiers, cmon guys, are you 12?
le ruskie worth nuffin etc....
They would annihalate your army, their soldiers have high moral, great equipment, trainings etc, also they have nice paychek.
But we murrica we kill we best
>run out of isis like pussies
>creating terrorism and not being able to kill one of them, even with airstrikes
>Russia killed more ISIS in 1month than USA in 1year
>lost in Vietnam...b b but BORN IN THE USAAAA
>You dont know what actual fight is, FACT, THE END!
Russian were always badass and fighters, an empire, long ago before you became a country that anyone heard about in 19century.
Even soviet equipment that is not maintened, upgraded and in general made more advanced would crush you with their military.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ue6evEKbeM

SEE YO WE BEST BRO WE MURICANS FAT BURGERS STUPD AND DRINK XANAX WITH PEPSI. WE ARMY WE STRONG
WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE
MUHH MILITARY BUDGET THAT IS RIPPED BY THIEFS GOVERMENTS AND PRIVATE PURPOSE BUT ITS BIIIGGGGGESTT LOOK AT THE CHART.
Dear God, country that has serious problem with their people, you are brainwashed or retarded, and I am not joking. No wonder everyone is moking you and making fun of you because you are fucking meme!!
Yes you are relevant and good country but just stop comparing yourself like insecure idiots like you are.
>>
File: 1465329648798.jpg (6KB, 237x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465329648798.jpg
6KB, 237x200px
>>31918828
>>
>>31918008
I think you're looking at it wrong. You have to look at it from the recruitment angle.

The Army/Marines have a larger range of potential recruits that could later be members of the SF. The Navy/AF have to regularly go out in an attempt to recruit potential people directly to SF.

Think about it. How many Navy & AF recruits sign on to special contracts with potential SF/Pilot/etc sign on? Vs how many recruits of Army/Marines sign up to just infantry and then later in their career go with special forces?

From personal experience of friends and family who served, one joined the Navy specifically with a SEAL contract that enables him to try a selectee up to two times. While otherwise I have a couple of friends who joined regular Army, then once they reached rank they went to try out for Rangers.

It seems like each branch has a different level of recruits that you have to factor in. You can't say each recruit is "1.0."
>>
>>31918236
nice article, is this fro the same sources that claim 50 million ppl serving in the active duty US military are transgender?
>>
>>31918828
The thing to baitposting is that people think you're actually serious, thus the baiting element.
Either that or you're some serious vatnik material.
>>
File: 1419944390875.gif (1014KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1419944390875.gif
1014KB, 360x203px
>>31918008
>8008
>BOOB

lmao boobs
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.