[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fun "short" guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: gsg522-62307_02.jpg (11KB, 640x285px) Image search: [Google]
gsg522-62307_02.jpg
11KB, 640x285px
I want to buy some kind of short two-handed gun.

I got most other "gun types", have pistols, have an AR (regular 556, not one of those pistol cal and/or armbrace deals). Got a long marksman battle rifle cartridge deal.

I don't own a single carbine or shotgun or anything like that though; and I kind of want to get one. preferably something short. I'm not looking for a pistol grip stockless pump shotgun or an armbrace AR pistol. I'm not looking for this to be a primary HD gun or anything, I've been kind of looking at those .22 MP5s clones (I'd be more than happy to get a 9mm mp5 clone, but none of my lgs ever seem to have any; just the 22s), or maybe an m1921 clone or a civilian vector carbine.

Are there any interesting shotgun options I'm not looking at? I'd like to get a shotgun in general since I don't happen to have one at the moment, and there is a nearby shotgun only club that I've never went to because I don't have one. I just want to get something interesting to round out my collection something short and shoulder-able.
>>
9mm SBRs are a lot of fun and very cheap to shoot, even if rifle caliber carbines have them beat in utility. MP5 clones especially are great, and not that expensive if you don't mind giving money to sandniggers. The .22 versions are just a shadow of the real deal and """pistols""" are gay af, but an MP5A3 semi clone is the shit. Not to mention there is so much aftermarket for these things thanks to their popularity with LEOs that they can pretty much give ARs and AKs a run for their money.
>>
>>31917830
>I've been kind of looking at those .22 MP5s clones
i have the walther mp5, it is A+ quality but it's still only as fun as say a ruger 10/22. I bought it for the aesthetics

If you want fun the enlightened path is a manual action of some kind. Bolt, lever, pump, straightpull, whatever. Yugo mausers and the mosin m39 carbine are handy. Check out the rossi m92, 357 lever action.

>>31919064
You mean the zenith z5rs (pic related)?
It's over $1600, and thats before the engraving and sbr tax
>>
>>31919292
>mosin m39 carbine
jk i meant the m44
>>
>>31917830
My dad's buddy has one of those .22 MP% clones and he lent it to us to shoot, thing was fun as hell. Even has a little Vortex optic mounted on it. For the price they are great little range toys.
>>
>>31919292
>It's over $1600

Well, and? That's the price of a decent AR before optic.
Anyway, there's always POF.
>>
KSG.
Literally the shortest shoulderable weapon you can buy without going NFA, and is also a shotgun.
>>
>>31922537
sure if op doesnt need all his fingers

>>31921681
why do you think $1600 is the price of a decent AR
>>
>>31921681
>$1600
>decent

Maybe if you're talking about a match grade rifle, but for your average "decent" AR you shouldn't be spending more than a grand.
>>
>>31922665
You are retarded.
>>
>>31922537
It's not exactly fun to shoot. I don't know if I was shouldering it wrong or what, but I ran 4 rounds through one recently and it literally made my chest so sore it hurt to breathe for a while. Had no such issues with an 870, Galil ACE, or SCAR-17 I shot that day either.
>>
>>31917830
Get a VEPR (or AR10, whatever you like) in .308
x54R is going to be going up pretty soon (and it is now anyways)
Work on getting it SBR'd.
Take the stock off. Give it a stub barrel (and if you need it, a foregrip). Something like pic related.

It's fucking painful to shoot.
It will hit you in the face if you try to aim down sights.
It will hit you in the stomach if you try to hipfire.
It will be completely worth it.
Double points if you put a drum mag on it.

I've been wanting to make one for myself for quite some time. Probably gonna go with the AR10 rather than the VEPR because getting a .308 drum for a VEPR is probably impossible.
Only question is - now do I go for (a .308 version of) the Patriot from MGS3 or my own idea - an AR10 with a buffer-tubeless upper and a barrel as short as pic related?
>>
>>31922537
KSG? If I ever want to replicate the experience I had shooting one I'll play some Grateful Dead and just hold a candle to my arm.
>>
>>31917830
PS90 is short. If you SBR it overall length is just under 20 inches.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.