[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger .223 Ranch Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (40KB, 825x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 825x160px
Thoughts? I'm thinking about getting this as an xmas gift to myself.
>>
>>31917357
AR > Mini14.

Neat guns, but I'd only get one after an AR (which is also more fun).
>>
Selling mine now. No purpose
>>
>>31917380
He might be a wood/steel fudd though
>>
>>31917357
People around here don't like em for some reason. I like em, and want one, but they are overpriced.
>>
>>31917385
So get wood AR furniture.
>>
>>31917357
They look cool but I'd rather get an ARES SCR and just put wood furniture on it.
>>
>>31917357
Get an ar15 or a ruger american ranch
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 414x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 414x510px
>>31917380
>>31917385
>>31917424
I still live at home while going to college, and my mom refuses to have "killing guns" in her house.

Kill me.
>>
>>31917449
Move out
>>
>>31917457
Can't, they're paying for college.
>>
>>31917449
buy an sks
>>
Smooth shooters, and nice looking, but an AR is all around more practical. if you’re just looking to get a semiautomatic .223, I'd get an AR.
>>
>>31917449
JUST
>>
>>31917461
Pay for your own college
>>
>>31917357
I have both an ar and mini 14
I like both but the ar is superior and has more customization due to every company producing different accessories while ruger is the only company to make the mini.
However I bought my mini for 400 dollars and have got mad value out of it. Also if you take ppl shooting it looks less imposing and they enjoy it more then the scary at even if you explain that they shoot the same bullets
>>
>>31917471
I just want to go to the Air Force and become a programmer, but my parents are making me finish a bullshit English degree (which I have a year and a half yet to go).
>>
I like them but for goddamn, just get an AR.

-by far cheaper (starting at $550+)
-You could buy the fucking top tier AR for the price of the Ranch Rifle
-No proprietary parts that will cost you $500 to repair on an AR
-Same ammo
-Same inaccuracies & velocities
If you have to have a Ruger -- get a Ruger AR-556. It's still covered in proprietary shit but for a first AR, it's amazing. You get a whole lot more bang for your buck than you would with an M&P, Oracle, etc.
>>
>>31917532
If you're 18, they can't make you do shit.
>>
>>31917532

Finish your Damon degree, don't waste time being a professional student. And don't be a typical millennial who jumps around from 6 different degrees and later does the same with their jobs.
>>
>>31917564

Damn*

>>31917556

Gee, look. Another millennial.

Your parents are all such bullies.
>>
>>31917556
I know I'm pathetic: I'm afraid of disappointing my dad and my mom has threatened to kill herself if I drop out. I feel like shit.
>>
>>31917569
Are you calling me a millennial, or the person I'm commenting on? Because I'm far from a millennial.
>>
>>31917578

Scratch that about what I said -- your parents are shitty. Sorry, Anon.

But absolutely finish your degree, you're so close. And no one can take that away from you. I'm sure you've seen plenty of people by now who quit with just a little bit of time left. Don't end up like that.

It will help you quite a bit, even getting into the Air Force.
>>
>>31917569
Faggot, you're 18 for Christ's sake. Grow some fucking balls, join the airforce, make THEM pay for the rest of your English degree, and then you become less of a faggot, stop wasting your parents money on a useless degree, and you get what both parties want.

Pussy
>>
>>31917532
Programmer here, the private sector is where it's at. Don't waste your time doing government work.

Also the Mini-14 is inferior to the AR-15 in every conceivable way
>>
>>31917449
but how else would you protect yourself against the woolie-monster?
>>
File: image.gif (1020KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1020KB, 444x250px
>>31917617
There is no defense against the Woolie Hole
>>
>>31917606

You're fucking stupid. Re-read the thread.
>>
>>31917578
Them let them kill themselves. If they're that much of faggots, they don't deserve the love you're giving them just for contemplating finishing your degree for them. They're manipulating you, and you should find bad forwetting them. You're just as much of a faggot as they are.
>>
>>31917629
He didn't even read it, anon. But I suspect neither did you.
>>
>>31917357
They'd be considered great guns and loved by /k/ to the point of being a meme rifle if they were 500 bucks new.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
I thought this thread was about a fudd gun
>>
>>31917357
Ive owned both mini and for ar years and love both.

There us nothing functionally wrong with the mini, ots a good gun and a fun gun and for me its comfortable to shoot.

Probably i have a soft spot for them because ive had one since i was a kid.

Ar has the advantage of being infinity customisable and frankly yes the mini is currently over priced.

Dollar for dollar the ar is by far the better buy but if you need something more tame looking to please the family and you can afford it dont be afraid to get the mini. You can get after market stocks for it that are pretty nice and its fast and easy to change them when you want a more aggressive look or to mount accessories.
>>
>>31917449
confiscate all her kitchen knives because "they're for killing", then pull your nuts out of the pickle jar and get an AR. The mini-14 is overpriced and jams constantly.
>>
are non-ruger magazines okay for these because $45/mag is retarded and the off brand mini 14 mags are $20
>>
File: UvX0gLV.jpg (90KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
UvX0gLV.jpg
90KB, 640x800px
>>31917658
this is now a Woolie thread.

post rare Woolies
>>
>>31917532
My dad has a ranch rifle, they're pretty neat but his rear site broke and ruger kept mailing hI'm the wrong replacement part, so I finally got him a third party adjustable aperture site. But anons are right that ar15 is superior for the money. But if you want the mini 14 disregard 4chan and do what makes you happy.

So how about this: finish your degree, join air force as an officer and get better pay and better opportunities when you get out. Then you can pretty well do anything, including owning scary salt weapons.

You can teach yourself programming, free resources are fucking everywhere and there's always an open source project you can get involved in. Dont worry about switching to a CS degree if your parents are going to drop funding if you rock the boat. It's more important to just know how to do relevant shit than to have an academic understanding of assembly level programming. Also my advice is whatever programming you are doing start incorporating an understanding of databases and Web design as soon as you can wrap your brain around it. There's fewer and fewer paying projects that work on native run time applications these days.
>>
>>31917449
ares scr ar 15, they will soon release one with wood furniture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OhFd4pvHY
>>
File: sonsof7.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sonsof7.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>31917357
I like them, I think they look kinda cool. They dont shoot all that well, and a accuracy job on them has limits. The biggest problem is you have to use Ruger mags which arent cheap. Hell, you wanna have something different, go for it.
>>
>>31918406
I normally say stay the fuck away from Pro-Mags but I have a couple 20 rounders and 30 rounders for my Mini-14. They all feed perfectly, the finish is pretty shitty and you have to make sure it's locked in more than factory mags. For me, my Mini-14 is a range toy; if I need serious rifle I'll grab my AR or AK so I'm okay with using Pro-Mags and saving $20+ per mag.
>>
>>31918984
tfw NY
>>
File: 101_6527.jpg (3MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
101_6527.jpg
3MB, 4288x3216px
Love mine, plenty accurate with good ammo and an optic
>>
>>31919103
>plastic furniture
You make Micheal Platt sad.
>>
>>31919295
>Plastic
You mean Hogue?
>>
>>31917380
Bullshit

>>31917357
Can't say for sure about the ranch version but I had both an AR and a mini ans the mini was a fucking blast. Capable of doing some things that an ar15 is simply not capable of
>>
>>31917449
Can't you explain to her that both rifles function exactly the same? Talk about pistol grips ect
>>
>>31919572
If antigunz understood how guns actually worked they wouldn't be antigunz.
>>
>>31917414
Good luck finding one
>>
>>31919572
It's like trying to reason with a highly opinionated rock, anon. I somehow managed to get a glock two years ago and she had trouble with that because it was black. My brother managed to buy an AK recently because wood = sanctified of murdersin.

My dad just goes along with whatever she says because he has to sleep with her.
>>
>>31919081
Know that feel. Never enough ares scr in stock
>>
>>31917357
Fun guns but both the gun costs more than a plinker AR and if you don't use the somewhat expensive Ruger mags you'll likely run into issues. If you can't get an AR for some reason there are worse choices.

As an aside I'd kinda like to see a Mini converted to take en bloc clips like a mini Garand
>>
>>31919468
>Capable of doing some things that an ar15 is simply not capable of

such as?
>>
>>31917380
Depends if you live in California or not.
>>
>>31920016
Smacking someone with the butt of the gun and not breaking the buffer tube?
>>
>>31917449
Just tell her you're preparing for the Trump voters going insane.
>>
>>31917380
Every. Fucking. Mini-thread.
Every autolaoder thread for that matter. Why not suggest an AR that takes glock mags while you're at it
>>
The tapco 30rd polymer mags are good. About the same price as pmags. I have had no issues withat them.

I have ARs and I have a 583 series mini14. The mini is a nice gun, nothing wrong with it. I got mine, wood stock, and 2 5rd mags for $700 in 2014.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 863x752px
>>31921392
mine was $770 this year. Thanks for the tapco tip, can only have 10rounds legally though tfw
>>
>>31917357
Ignore all these AR fags and their Barbie guns. The Mini-14 is the same functioning system as the M-1 Garand rifle the rifle that won WWII. Can you tell me what war the AR has won? Iraq? They're still fighting over there. Vietnam? Lost that one.
>>
>>31921025
>make a thread about an inferior rifle
>wonder why someone always tells you its inferior
An AR is objectively better in nearly every way. Its worth mentioning
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.